real life

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:00 pm
djjd62 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
djjd62 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I wish everyone would please keep in mind that, at least for me (and I am pretty sure of some others), we are not lobbying to change the laws for the sole purpose of taking away a woman's choice. I, and I believe others, are doing it for the sake of the unborn children.

ummm, but then you are taking away a womens choice

worry about saving the people who are already here, plenty of poverty, abuse and a multitude of social ills to cure

djjd62,

I do worry about them also. Yes, the woman would lose her choice. I admit that. Would never deny it.

I just believe that the life of the unborn child should take precedence over the convenience of the woman. I realize all abortions are not performed for convenience, but according to statistics, most are.

are you going to personally adopt all these unwanted childern, or would you rather they grow up in households were they are thought of as a burden or nuisance or worse

Are you able to personally guarantee that all the children alive today (who were not aborted) are wanted and not thought of as a burden or nuisance or worse?

If you can't, then what's your solution for them? They are already alive, too late to abort them. Do you just kill them too? Will that fix it?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:09 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
djjd62 wrote:
bottom line, women should be allowed to get abortions

Bottom line, women are allowed, by law to get abortions. The problem are those people who would stick their noses into another person's business, and attempt to change the laws due to their own particular beliefs.

Respectfully... that is how laws get changed.

Exactly. What in the world do we base any of our laws from everything to prohibition, rescinding prohibition, slavery, abolishing slavery, civil rights, environmental laws, speed limits and seatbelt laws, and even jaywalking etc. etc. ect. other than on people's beliefs?

Yes, Foxfyre, this is precisely on target.

Pro-aborts continue to pretend that ONLY pro-life folks think the law should be in accordance with what they believe is right. Pro-aborts pretend that their own arguments in defense of the status quo of judicially approved abortion has NOTHING to do with their own beliefs. (They must just be totally objective, dispassionate observers! What a con!)

Of course all laws are based on someone's idea of right and wrong! To pretend otherwise is patently dishonest.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:22 pm
Women have a right to choose, yes. But after 2,3,4 abortions, is that still the case? Abortion should not be used as a form of contraception. If the person cannot keep from aborting, she should have her tubes tied and it should be mandatory. Of course, that won't happen (ACLU, etc).

Would've thought the Pill would have solved this problem but seems to be as much a problem now as pre pill.

I guess you'd have to work in a clinic, as I have, and seen babies aborted by vacuum, or worse. It'd make you puke. They look like tiny fully formed humans. It is murder. So, these women either get their plumbing fixed, use the pill, keep their legs crossed - as in use some self restraint. Or they have the child and let some loving couple who can't have kids adopt the child. That'd be in a perfect world. I think if the government has to pay for the abortion then they legally have some say in the matter, don't you? The 'government' is you, after all. Most of these women are medi-cal welfare cases, are they not?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:29 pm
englishmajor wrote:
Women have a right to choose, yes. But after 2,3,4 abortions, is that still the case? Abortion should not be used as a form of contraception. If the person cannot keep from aborting, she should have her tubes tied and it should be mandatory. Of course, that won't happen (ACLU, etc).

Would've thought the Pill would have solved this problem but seems to be as much a problem now as pre pill.

I guess you'd have to work in a clinic, as I have, and seen babies aborted by vacuum, or worse. It'd make you puke. They look like tiny fully formed humans. It is murder. So, these women either get their plumbing fixed, use the pill, keep their legs crossed - as in use some self restraint. Or they have the child and let some loving couple who can't have kids adopt the child. That'd be in a perfect world. I think if the government has to pay for the abortion then they legally have some say in the matter, don't you? The 'government' is you, after all. Most of these women are medi-cal welfare cases, are they not?

No, I don't think most abortions are welfare cases. Maybe many, but certainly not most.

I do not agree with mandatory sterilization either.

However I do agree that abortion is barbaric, bloody and wrong.

If the mother's life is in imminent danger due to the pregnancy, then I can agree that abortion may be considered an option. But this is an extremely rare circumstance.

Englishmajor, did you work in an abortion clinic? Tell us how you came to believe as you do now.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:32 pm
Just as you said: barbaric, bloody and wrong. It is not a good memory.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:44 pm
englishmajor wrote:
Just as you said: barbaric, bloody and wrong. It is not a good memory.

Englishmajor,

I must admit. I am so very pleasantly surprised by you.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:48 pm
Why? Preconceived (no pun intended) notions?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:50 pm
englishmajor wrote:
Why? Preconceived (no pun intended) notions?

Englishmajor,

Yes, I admit it. I am wrong. And I humbly ask you to forgive me.

And you never did say, is that your picture? I think that is such a beautiful smile.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 12:00 am
ahhhh.....some things must remain a mystery.

You do not need to ask for forgiveness from me. What are you guilty of?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 12:03 am
englishmajor wrote:
ahhhh.....some things must remain a mystery.

You do not need to ask for forgiveness from me. What are you guilty of?

Ok, I am just going to think that picture is you.

What am I guilty of? I am guilty of assuming something about you that I had no idea about. I would have guessed that you would be totally pro-choice with no equivocation. I am wrong about that. So, I needed to apologize to you.

I really am starting to like this you very much, Englishmajor. I really am.

And while I am at it, I would like to apologize for asking you anything about your citizenship. I never should have done that.

And no matter who that picture is of, she has a beautiful smile.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 12:16 am
Isn't that Jennifer Lopez?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 12:17 am
snood wrote:

Now that you said that, it does look like Jennifer Lopez!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:18 pm
englishmajor wrote:

You worked in a clinic doing what, Englishmajor? I'm surprised that you would say "most of these women are medicare welfare cases, are they not?". That is ignorant and mean. It has layers of implications which I won't adress at the moment bc it is not necessary.

Government mandated sterilization?! You have got to be kidding. I have heard so many horror stories of the times where sterilization was forced upon folks here in Canada. It makes me sick.

The government DOES NOT have a say. The government is not "you". It is the collective majority rule. Not every person is going to agree nor have their wishes granted.
Sure, people could decide "we refuse to fund government paid abortions". That would be different.
However, as far as I'm concerned, that would be a step back.
That's politics. I disagree strongly with your views.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:23 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
snood wrote:

Now that you said that, it does look like Jennifer Lopez!

Does not Razz
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:25 pm
real life wrote:
djjd62 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
djjd62 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I wish everyone would please keep in mind that, at least for me (and I am pretty sure of some others), we are not lobbying to change the laws for the sole purpose of taking away a woman's choice. I, and I believe others, are doing it for the sake of the unborn children.

ummm, but then you are taking away a womens choice

worry about saving the people who are already here, plenty of poverty, abuse and a multitude of social ills to cure

djjd62,

I do worry about them also. Yes, the woman would lose her choice. I admit that. Would never deny it.

I just believe that the life of the unborn child should take precedence over the convenience of the woman. I realize all abortions are not performed for convenience, but according to statistics, most are.

are you going to personally adopt all these unwanted childern, or would you rather they grow up in households were they are thought of as a burden or nuisance or worse

Are you able to personally guarantee that all the children alive today (who were not aborted) are wanted and not thought of as a burden or nuisance or worse?

If you can't, then what's your solution for them? They are already alive, too late to abort them. Do you just kill them too? Will that fix it?

What about all of the children that are abused and not wanted where the mother never even considered abortion? Your argument seems to be rather weak when you only consider some of the unwanted children.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:32 pm
Intrepid,

Who do you think she looks like? LOL
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:39 pm
It's J-Lo! Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:42 pm
Not sure but it is a stock A2K avatar that he is using. ;-)
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:47 pm
It does appear to be Jenny from the Block.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:48 pm
Sorry, I guess I should get out to the block more often Laughing
0 Replies