Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:35 pm
dys Wrote:

Quote:
Yeah really, so much love. I see you only have one nail left lord, should I cross my legs?

Trying to test whether I would forgive you or not? Of course I do dys and I will also ask God to forgive you.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:49 pm
<get ready for the four point plan of salvation>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:53 pm
Lash wrote:
<get ready for the four point plan of salvation>

Staple gun?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:59 pm
real life wrote:
Eorl wrote:
Foxfyre,

The only problem with what you say is that I don't need to convince you I'm right....you need to convince me you are right if you want the law changed...........

Hi King Eorl,

The law will be changed with or without your permission.

Pro abortion folks are on the wrong side of history as they try to define away the personhood of the unborn and in their support of Roe v Wade, just as pro-slavery folks were on the wrong side of history in their attempt to define away the personhood of blacks and in their support of the Dred Scott decision.

As fetalogy uncovers more and more information, it is apparent to more and more people that the unborn is worthy of protection long before birth.

Pro-life is not just a religious concept. It's a human concept that is embraced by Christians, atheists, Jews, Muslims and lots of other folks too numerous to mention.

Yeah really. Check out http://www.godlessprolifers.org/home.html

http://ravingatheist.com/archives/abortion/

and some of the links on http://copland.udel.edu/stu-org/vanguard/resources.html

..and how is that time machine working out for you real life? HG Wells need it back yet?

Seems to me, more enlightened civilized countries have become increasingly anti-slavery and increasingly more pro-choice...veiwing both as the more humanistic LESS barbaric options...

...but hey, feel free to ignore everything I have to say here and continue to see me as the child-killing enemy. No problem Smile
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 11:12 pm
Eorl wrote:
real life wrote:
Eorl wrote:
Foxfyre,

The only problem with what you say is that I don't need to convince you I'm right....you need to convince me you are right if you want the law changed...........

Hi King Eorl,

The law will be changed with or without your permission.

Pro abortion folks are on the wrong side of history as they try to define away the personhood of the unborn and in their support of Roe v Wade, just as pro-slavery folks were on the wrong side of history in their attempt to define away the personhood of blacks and in their support of the Dred Scott decision.

As fetalogy uncovers more and more information, it is apparent to more and more people that the unborn is worthy of protection long before birth.

Pro-life is not just a religious concept. It's a human concept that is embraced by Christians, atheists, Jews, Muslims and lots of other folks too numerous to mention.

Yeah really. Check out http://www.godlessprolifers.org/home.html

http://ravingatheist.com/archives/abortion/

and some of the links on http://copland.udel.edu/stu-org/vanguard/resources.html

..and how is that time machine working out for you real life? HG Wells need it back yet?

Seems to me, more enlightened civilized countries have become increasingly anti-slavery and increasingly more pro-choice...veiwing both as the more humanistic LESS barbaric options...

...but hey, feel free to ignore everything I have to say here and continue to see me as the child-killing enemy. No problem Smile

Hi Eorl,

Well, maybe you aren't counting the USA as an enlightened, civilized country (some days I have my doubts as well, so I can't blame you)

from http://womensissues.about.com/cs/abortionstats/a/aaabortionstats.htm

Quote:
Abortion Statistics - Pro-Life vs. Pro-Choice

* According to a USA Today, CNN Gallup Poll in May, 1999 - 16% of Americans believe abortion should be legal for any reason at any time during pregnancy and 55% of American believe abortion should be legal only to save the life of the mother or in cases of rape or incest.
* According to a Gallup Poll in January, 2001 - People who considered themselves to be pro-life rose from 33% to 43% in the past 5 years, and people who considered themselves to be pro-choice declined from 56% to 48%.

That steady march that you hear behind you is the sound of folks turning and walking away from your position. And they aren't waiting for your permission.
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:12 pm
I'd like to challange any person alive who thinks abortion should be legal, to do a Google search. Type in: What does an abortion look like? Then view the picture of all the babies that were found in dumpsters from the abortion clinics.
Little children that have only been alive for 8 weeks have little tiny feet that are about the length of my baby finger-nail. Perfect little feet.

I did it just to remind me how Godless you all might be, now I wonder why I even try to get you to listen to the truth. Oh yea, BECAUSE IT"S WORTH IT!
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:22 pm
non-denom christian wrote:
I'd like to challange any person alive who thinks abortion should be legal, to do a Google search. Type in: What does an abortion look like? Then view the picture of all the babies that were found in dumpsters from the abortion clinics.
Little children that have only been alive for 8 weeks have little tiny feet that are about the length of my baby finger-nail. Perfect little feet.

I did it just to remind me how Godless you all might be, now I wonder why I even try to get you to listen to the truth. Oh yea, BECAUSE IT"S WORTH IT!

And here comes the typical Pro-Lifer guilt trip.

Tell you what, save the time it takes to write up the tear-jerking drivel that you guys always throw on here, and make a call to one of the numerous non-profit organizations that help feed the starving in Africa. That's the REAL, living, breathing, born and impoverished children that are dying by the dozen while you rail on with the usual back and forth that has gotten this discussion nowhere.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 05:56 pm
Questioner,

Why would you call the truth a guilt trip? If those that are pro-choice believe so strongly in their contention, why should it cause guilt? If you honestly believe you are right about something, why would there or should there be guilt?

Phoenix has been the only person so far that has even come close to me understanding why a woman might feel some guilt even if she feels that it is just a fetus and not a child. But, I guess I really need to hear it from a male perspective.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 06:53 pm
non-denom christian,
That is a sensationalized version of what abortion is actually about in all but very few cases.
That is presenting a tabloid version of a story and claiming it is the complete truth.

Dumpster babies?! C'mon! You are making it into some kind of sick joke.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 06:55 pm
But, if even one of these pictures are the truth, is pro-choice really worth the cost?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:08 pm
Momma,

Abortions will unfortunately occur whether they are legal or not. The concept of a fetus being tossed into a dumpster is much more likely in a back alley scenario than it is as part of a legal process.

No one likes abortion, but they exist and will continue to exist even if performed illegally. Isn't it better to have the procedures done in a controlled environment than in the streets? What do you imagine would be done with the fetus' then?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:13 pm
J_B,

That is the poorest excuse (IMO) for making abortions legal. It's kind of like making heroin legal so all the drug addicts can have access to clean needles from clinics or making prostitution legal so sexually transmitted diseases won't be as prevalent. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't wash with me. There is never a good reason to try make a wrong a right.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:14 pm
One thing I notice about a number of conservative forums including FreeRepublic, is that there are three basic groups of people nobody can say anything to or about, i.e. right2lifers, evolutionists, and SUV owners.

The $3 gasoline has pretty much killed America's great love affair with the SUV; Ford and GM have gotten hurt so bad they might not even want to manufacture the stinking things in future time. That's basically one down and two to go.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:21 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner,

Why would you call the truth a guilt trip? If those that are pro-choice believe so strongly in their contention, why should it cause guilt? If you honestly believe you are right about something, why would there or should there be guilt?

Phoenix has been the only person so far that has even come close to me understanding why a woman might feel some guilt even if she feels that it is just a fetus and not a child. But, I guess I really need to hear it from a male perspective.

This is an excellent point, Momma Angel.

Questioner and others have sneered continually at any reference to what really happens in an abortion as 'sensationalism' , 'guilt trips' , 'emotional stuff', etc

Why should any of this matter if abortion is just another medical procedure and has no moral component?

If I have cancer surgery ( and more than one pro-abort on this thread has tried comparing the unborn to a cancer ) and my surgeon throws the discarded tumor in a dumpster, am I gonna be queasy about you finding it there? Not a chance. I'm gonna say "Yep it's in the trash and that's where it belongs. Good riddance."

If my surgeon removes a mole or some extra skin during plastic surgery, am I gonna be embarrassed or get a guilt trip if you go find the skin? (More than one pro-abort has compared the unborn to 'a blob of tissue' ) Hardly. I could care less. Frame it and hang it on the wall, or burn it in your fireplace. It makes me no difference.

The simple reality is that many pro-abortion folks cannot get away from their own conscience, which tells them that they are denying the obvious.

(And yes, Flushd, sad to say there have been repeated cases of dumpsters full of dead babies being found outside of abortion clinics. Make you uncomfortable? It should. If you don't believe it, Google abortion dumpster baby)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:31 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
J_B,

That is the poorest excuse (IMO) for making abortions legal. It's kind of like making heroin legal so all the drug addicts can have access to clean needles from clinics or making prostitution legal so sexually transmitted diseases won't be as prevalent. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't wash with me. There is never a good reason to try make a wrong a right.

You tell 'em Momma. That is not only poor...it is completely bankrupt.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:51 pm
There isn't any need to make abortions legal Mamma and Intrepid. They are already legal. We're not talking about legalizing heroin, prostitution, or anything else. My point is that abortions will continue to occur regardless of the legality. Momma asked,

Quote:
But, if even one of these pictures are the truth, is pro-choice really worth the cost?

referring to the idea of fetuses being thrown in dumpsters. You didn't address my point, Mamma. What do you think would happen to aborted fetuses if abortion were no longer legal?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:53 pm
D'oh! My last post didn't make it up...my silly comp. crashed! Evil or Very Mad

Please don't preach to me. I didn't order a preacher! Laughing
Nor do I appreciate condescending BS in ( ). wink wink. You know I'm talking to you.

When the 'crazies' on the street hand out pamphlets saying "Bomb the USA" ; I laugh. I laugh again here.

Please. Do you feel uncomfortable? You should. Just google "American atrocities" and you will see how as an American you are doomed and eternally damned. It's in the pamphlets!! It is true!! I saw pictures of Americans wackin' off pigs and all sorts of perversions!! They feed their kiddies krispy kremes and several of them are serial killers!!

Laughing
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:57 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner,

MA, why would I not call it a guilt trip? How can it be anything but? You and I have communicated outside of a2k a few times, can you honestly picture me standing over a garbage can of fetus's and half-grown babies and sneering gleefully?

It's not that pro-choicers are pro-murder. It doesn't equate to that. The majority of my stance has been that unless you, the pro-life person can prove to me that the fetus is a human, my social conscious HAS to side with the woman's right to choose. HAS to. There is no option for those that believe that the U.S. stands for liberty and freedom.

As I've stated numerous times, if the fetus was determined by science to be unequicably alive, my stance would change in an instant. But it hasn't so it won't. And mental images like the one non-denom and others keep presenting is aimed towards NOTHING but triggering some strong feelings of either guilt or remorse.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 07:58 pm
J_B Wrote:

Quote:
referring to the idea of fetuses being thrown in dumpsters. You didn't address my point, Mamma. What do you think would happen to aborted fetuses if abortion were no longer legal?

J_B, that is not the point. If it were illegal and the laws were strictly enforced, how many babies do you think might not be aborted?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 08:02 pm
An aborted fetus is an aborted fetus. The manner of "disposal" is a moot point. Would the illegal clinics have a little furnace in the back room?
0 Replies