dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:57 pm
yes of course and now for our tea and sewing circle.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:03 pm
dys,

You have a problem with people being civil to one another?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:21 pm
MA abortion is a very difficult issue for society to deal with, there are no good answers. There are a multitude of gray answers with very strong emotions attached to each and every one of them. (none of which are civil) this is a loaded topic for emotional head-banging (yours and theirs) to expect civility is nonsense.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:26 pm
Well, then call me nonsensical, but for quite awhile there we were having a civil conversation.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:28 pm
Ok, you're nonsensical.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:29 pm
Feel better now, dys?
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:30 pm
Foxfyre wrote:

As for Questioners characterization of pro lifers, well, I guess we're all used to that. But it still sounds and looks very much as if consideration of the unborn is something contemptuous in the eyes of those who are advocates for abortion.

Undoubtedly true in many cases. However, consideration of the unborn would typically require one to consider it as an entity, which pro-choicer's are rather abundantly in denial of.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:34 pm
Questioner,

I have to ask. You think pro-choicer's are in denial?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:39 pm
I'm pretty sure pro-choicers are in denial, the problem is non-choicers are in la la holyland.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:43 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner,

Not really. I think they have a very valid stance, and the legal system apparently agrees with them.

I do think that being a pro-choicer is much more difficult than being a pro-lifer. On one hand you have the right to choice, liberties that are a staple of the U.S. as a nation, and we take those rights seriously. On the other hand you have a nagging sense of doubt since, as others have said, if the verdict on the humanity of the fetus is hung, it would be best to err on the side of caution.

It's not denial, but it is a fairly severe crisis of morality. A true pro-choicer simply has to pick which stance is more important, and since the jury's still deliberating on the humanity of the fetus, they choose the sure thing which is a woman's right to choose.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:44 pm
dys,

No matter what you say. No matter how many jokes you make about me and Christianity, I will still forgive you.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:45 pm
Good answer Questioner. Thank you.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:45 pm
Not and easy thing to do MA you must have the patience of job.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:46 pm
It's called the love of the Lord, dys.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:47 pm
You had that coming, dys.

Hee
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:02 pm
Yeah really, so much love. I see you only have one nail left lord, should I cross my legs?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:04 pm
Dys - good news! You are now in the running for "gratuitous nastiness" award! And with Apisa out of the picture, you should be a shoo-in!!!
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:20 pm
Questioner wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner,

Not really. I think they have a very valid stance, and the legal system apparently agrees with them.

I do think that being a pro-choicer is much more difficult than being a pro-lifer. On one hand you have the right to choice, liberties that are a staple of the U.S. as a nation, and we take those rights seriously. On the other hand you have a nagging sense of doubt since, as others have said, if the verdict on the humanity of the fetus is hung, it would be best to err on the side of caution.

It's not denial, but it is a fairly severe crisis of morality. A true pro-choicer simply has to pick which stance is more important, and since the jury's still deliberating on the humanity of the fetus, they choose the sure thing which is a woman's right to choose.

..which is exactly why I think the pro-life campaign has much more to gain by trying to persuade the opposition in their direction as to what constitutes a human life....rather than declaring themselves to be 100% right about 100% personhood from the point of conception and labelling everyone who does not yet see it that way as child-murdering pro-abortionists.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:29 pm
Eorl wrote:
Foxfyre,

The only problem with what you say is that I don't need to convince you I'm right....you need to convince me you are right if you want the law changed...........

Hi King Eorl,

The law will be changed with or without your permission.

Pro abortion folks are on the wrong side of history as they try to define away the personhood of the unborn and in their support of Roe v Wade, just as pro-slavery folks were on the wrong side of history in their attempt to define away the personhood of blacks and in their support of the Dred Scott decision.

As fetalogy uncovers more and more information, it is apparent to more and more people that the unborn is worthy of protection long before birth.

Pro-life is not just a religious concept. It's a human concept that is embraced by Christians, atheists, Jews, Muslims and lots of other folks too numerous to mention.

Yeah really. Check out http://www.godlessprolifers.org/home.html

http://ravingatheist.com/archives/abortion/

and some of the links on http://copland.udel.edu/stu-org/vanguard/resources.html
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:35 pm
dys Wrote:

Quote:
Yeah really, so much love. I see you only have one nail left lord, should I cross my legs?

Trying to test whether I would forgive you or not? Of course I do dys and I will also as God to forgive you.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies