Are You Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution?

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 05:14 pm
So Dyslexia,

I am not going to assume anything here. When you say count you out, are you saying you are not taking the oath and becoming part of the UPN? I do not want any misunderstandings on anyone's part.

Cicerone,

Please read the post a bit above about taking the oath and what we are trying to do in this scenario. Then just state yes or no as to whether you want to participate.

Thanx!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 05:38 pm
Wolf O so far said it best. "You are being very vague on this topic, Momma, not to mention that no one would say they're a part of the problem.

Just look at some of the Muslims in the Middle East. They think the US is part of their problem, whilst obviously, the US thinks they're a part of the problem.

Both think the other guy is a part of the problem and they are a part of the solution."
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:08 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
KiwiChic wrote:
geeez chill Apisa and read the thread properly

If you have something to point out to me, Kiwi...point it out.

I read the thread...and I've read it properly.

My comments and questions hold.

Laughing well I can see you would not last long in this 'Pretend' nation???
it appears your only brain process is visual, as shown in this case any use of thought expansion as in reading between the lines and obvious lack of imagination is nil in your world......how dull.
Got my point now? :wink:

IF you cannot compose a paragraph that makes more sense than this one...I fail to see how you can expect anyone to "get your point."

No, I do not get your point.

Get some help...and explain it to me.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing poor love.....
and now I hit the ignore button.... ta ta Frank.

...now where was I, oh yes Angel I take the oath
and volunteer to be the first immigrant! LOL
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:11 pm
Cicerone,

If you will go back and read this from the beginning, I think I stated why it was so vague. There is a reason for the simplicity of it. We would love for you to join us in our scenario. We need and want all views. All we ask is that you are willing to abide by the laws established. The laws will surely change throughout the scenario, as we are already discussing coming up with a constitution. Xprmntr2 called it "Building A Nation." It's just like a game.

Momma Angel

(And when I say we and our here, I am talking about all of the citizens of the UPN so far. I feel I can say we and our now because we are so new and few! Later, I would imagine I will have to change that. There will be lots of changes we will make! It can be fun!)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:17 pm
Kiwichic,

Welcome to the UPN! We are in the beginning stages of writing our constitution. Each one of the citizens is asked to contribute a law they would like written into the constitution.

So glad you are here!

Momma Angel
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:27 pm
theres too many pages to go back to see who has said what...

ummm how about this?....
A minimum wage, as in no citizen can be paid lower than say $9.50 per hour
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:43 pm
Ok, so far, this is what we have from the citizens of the UPN to put into our constitution:

The number one law is DON'T STEAL. All other laws are a variation of this.

Murder - If you murder someone, you have stolen that person from their family, friends, and children.

Hate - If you hate someone you have stolen their right to dignity

Adultery - If you have sex with someone elses marriage partner , you have stolen a piece of their sacred bond that doesn't belong to you .

Robbery - If you break into someones home, you have stolen their right to security, privacy , and respect.

A minimum wage, as in no citizen can be paid lower than $9.50 per hour.

This is a great start, but we need more! There are more citizens to be heard from! I am still working on mine Embarrassed
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:11 pm
Beginning to look like the ten commandments. Wink

Rather than limiting the constitution to "don'ts," why not include some "shalls?"

You shall make a friend from each country in the world.

You shall devote 22 percent of your wealth to feed the poor.

You shall devote 22 percent of your free time to charity.

You shall not have more than 2.2 children in your family.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:21 pm
Cicerone,

If you are one of the citizens, then you can submit anything you want to the constitution. We are writing our constitution. Nothing has been decided yet. If you wish to submit your suggestions for the constitution we (the UPN) would love it. We will combine all the submissions, organize them, discuss them, and then vote on them. So, do you want to submit those that you posted?

I love the idea of adding things you should do! I think it's a great idea. This is our nation, we get to make the laws. We are trying to find solutions. And just perhaps, including things you should do for the good of the Nation should be included!

So, are ye a citizen or are ye not? I sure hope you decide yes, because innovative ideas such as yours are very refreshing.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:24 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Mama said
Quote:
Currently, we are seeking ideas from citizens for our constitution

so already we have Plato rearing his ugly head like his was some kinda christian with this "us" and "them" dualism. Who is this "we"? Very elitist I'm thinking and for damn good reason too! Could it be the medical "we" as in how are "we" feeling" today crapola? Or is it the far more evil "we" who know what's best for everyone else because "we" are the benevolent philosopher kings? Which rule does this break? Is mama the first one to wear the powder blue leisure suit? Join me my droogies and rally against this abomination of elitism with the everyone is equal except the elites which are more equal shinola we can collectively tell to hitlers and ghandi's face Hey you! get outta my face! I mean it! remember our motto "Jesus and Sparticus died for the same reason and not a moment to soon, they were rabble rousers and we the rabble won't take it any more" So the bottom line is don't be one of "them" be one of "us" and paint your front door RED.

I think you are reading this all wrong, dys. I take the we to mean the collective population of UPN. No individuals....just the group. Mama is moderating this thread. All citizens of UPN have equal say in the constitution. At least at this point in the game. And remember...it is a game.
0 Replies

Valley Angel

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:05 pm
new kid in town
I just finished reading from page one ... whew! I feel a bit drained!

But I can see where this could go and it just might be a really good learning experience.

I'll be back, Valley
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:19 pm
Welcome to the UPN!

So, you say yes? You want to be a citizen?
0 Replies

Valley Angel

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:23 pm
:-)
I say Yes!!!
0 Replies

Valley Angel

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:23 pm
:-)
I say Yes!!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 10:30 pm
Cool! Ok, Valley Angel, we are in the process of writing our constitution. We are asking all citizens to submit something they would like written into our constitution. Be creative! It can be whatever you want it to be! We (the citizens of the UPN) will be discussing, organizing, and voting on the constitution.

Again, welcome!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 03:20 am
KiwiChic wrote:
[
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing poor love.....
and now I hit the ignore button.... ta ta Frank.

No problem.

This is the road most cowards take...and you really don't say much that is interesting or informative anyway...so no big loss.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 05:16 am
Did you hear something? I thought I heard something. Oh well, it must be nothing.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:22 am
Intrepid wrote:
Did you hear something? I thought I heard something. Oh well, it must be nothing.

You heard something...but apparently (to borrow a phrase from you) you do not have the balls to acknowledge that you did.

Don't quit your day job, Intrepid. If this is your idea of humor...you'll need it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 11:59 am
Must have been the wind. So, let's not get off track here. I think we have a pretty good start on our Build A Nation scenario.

Ok, I have come up with what I would like to see in our constitution.

I would like a Right To Die With Dignity Act.

I will expoud on this once we get quite a few ideas. We will all need to fine tune our submissions for the Constitution. Laws will have to have punishments attached to them if they are broken and my Right To Die With Dignity Act will, of course, have stipulations to it.

Looking forward to our Nation growing!
0 Replies

Valley Angel

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 04:38 pm
I think we should have something in our constitution regarding animal welfare, a law against any inhumane animal testing.

Laughing Keep smiling, Valley
0 Replies