Are You Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution?

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 07:14 pm
Re: Are You Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution?
Momma Angel wrote:
Ok, here's the question:

Are you part of today's problems in this world or are you part of tomorrow's solution?

You are part of the problem because the way you fashioned your question makes it impossible to answer except in banal cliches.

BBB
0 Replies

Valley Angel

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 07:56 pm
Thanks
KiwiChic wrote:
Seeing that I am the only one big enough here, I apologise to Angel
for hijacking your thread.
Please continue this topic folks.

I was just going through all the posts that have been added since Momma Angel has been away on vacation and I must say this is the only one I have seen so far that was written by someone with some thoughtful intent. The rest of it is childish! And so NOT what this group is about!!! I agree with KiwiChic... lets get back to what this thread is all about!

Have a wonderful day, Valley Angel
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:52 pm
Momma Angel is back.

Ok, BBB, if you will go back to the beginning of this thread, you will see that the three laws written were intentionally written vaguely and left pretty much up to each one's interpretation.

The object of the thread is to expand on the laws and see if we can find some solutions.

Obviously, we got a bit off topic here. So, let's all play nice and try again?

Thanx Valley Angel, I appreciate you sticking up for me and Kiwichic, thanx to you too girl! Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:04 pm
So, where were we?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:09 pm
Ok, we are at asking everyone to write up their laws for the constitution.

Everyone needs to post what law they want in the constitution and how they want it worded. Then we will discuss them and vote on them.

Momma Angel will be posting hers on Sunday!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 05:09 pm
Ok, this is my proposed right to die with dignity law:

1. A person has the right to end their life if the following stipulations are met:

a. They have been diagnosed as terminally ill with no reasonable chance of recovery;

b. It is determined by a set of a three physician panel (chosen randomly) that they have less than six months to live;

c. They have been interviewed by a panel of three psychiatrists and they all agree that the terminally ill person is competent and can make this decision rationally.

d. There will be a family session held with the three psychiatrist panel to explain to the immediate family what the intent of the terminally ill person wishes.

e. The terminally ill person will enter into the hospital 24 hours before their scheduled passing.

f. It will be agreed upon by the three physician panel and terminally ill patient as to what form of lethal injection will be administered.

g. All funeral arrangements and costs for the physician and psychiatrist reviews must be taken care of prior to the lethal injection.

h. The United People's Nation will not be responsible for any costs incurred.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:20 pm
Welcome back Angel, I hope you had a good holiday!
Ok let me put some thought into this and I will get back to you! Very Happy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:30 pm
Hey Girl!

I had a wonderful trip. Thank you for asking! Good to see you here at the Ole UPN!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:47 pm
This is my proposal for a Religious Freedom Law

The freedom of religion and belief shall extend to the right to manifest one's religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching. The right to manifest a belief is subject only to limitations provided by law which are necessary to protect public safety, order, health or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.

These freedoms shall include the right to morning prayer in the schools according to one's religion. If necessary, a separate area will be setup in every school where the observance of morning prayer may take place. Where lack of faith or religion exists, a like place shall be setup for whatever activity those wishing to attend this area choose. There shall be a maximum time allowance of twenty minutes per session.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:31 am
Intrepid wrote:

These freedoms shall include the right to morning prayer in the schools according to one's religion. If necessary, a separate area will be setup in every school where the observance of morning prayer may take place. Where lack of faith or religion exists, a like place shall be setup for whatever activity those wishing to attend this area choose. There shall be a maximum time allowance of twenty minutes per session.

That is a great idea.

That way, they can learn to grovel and hope as a group.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:19 am
Frank,

Part of participating in this thread is if you do not become a citizen of the UPN and agree to follow the UPN 3 (original laws), even if you want to change the laws, and have every right to lobby to do so, then you don't have voting rights.

Now, I have yet to see where you have agreed to go along with our scenario to carry it where it may go.

If you want to be part of the voting, will you adhere to the first three laws? You can lobby to change them remember.

And, you are breaking law number two with your post.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 11:53 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

Part of participating in this thread is if you do not become a citizen of the UPN and agree to follow the UPN 3 (original laws), even if you want to change the laws, and have every right to lobby to do so, then you don't have voting rights.

Now, I have yet to see where you have agreed to go along with our scenario to carry it where it may go.

If you want to be part of the voting, will you adhere to the first three laws? You can lobby to change them remember.

And, you are breaking law number two with your post.

One...I am not voting...I am merely expressing an opinion on the idea of "prayer in schools."

Prayer in schools is, as I noted, an excellent way to teach kids to hope and grovel as a group.

I'm not sure why any sane person would want to teach children to do those things...but...hey, the idea was offered, and I felt it was my duty to comment.

As for rule #2...I consider that rule to be idiotic...and I could not care less if I am "breaking" it.
0 Replies