My Pupils Are the Size of Dimes

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 02:04 pm
I went to the eye doctor for an exam today. On my lunch. The doctor wanted to dialate my pupils. I told him I had to go back to work and could I drive. He said sure. HA! It is now 3 hours later and I still can't see. I managed to make it back to work. Might as well have been blindfolded. Good thing I know the way. Rolling Eyes

Why oh why didn't he tell me I wouldn't be able to see **** for hours after it was done? Question Exclamation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,047 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 02:38 pm
If he told you that you would be able to see well enough to drive and you still are unable to see, then there may be a problem so you had best contact the doctor immediately if not sooner (there's a phrase that never makes sense).

On the brighter side, I must compliment you on your excellent typing skills and use of Emoticons even though you are unable to see.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 02:50 pm
I can see a little now...my short sight was awful for about 2 hours after the procedure. I am very sensitive to light still.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 03:05 pm
s'okay, most people who drive on the roads these days, drive like they're blind anyway - you'll fit right in.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 03:16 pm
So did you mention the tripping?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 03:17 pm
Just the eye doc today. Other doc on the 1st. My script hasn't changed since last visit so it isn't my eyes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 03:35 pm
Bella, if you have poor peripheral vision it can cause your missing stair edges.. They have to know about it to check for it in a routine exam - I don't think it is always done routinely.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 03:41 pm
I think she just went in today because she had a torn contact and had to get her script filled so she could get a new set of em'

right?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 03:52 pm
That happened to me once too, and never again did I let
them dilate my eyes, at least not an optometrist. They just
overcharge on procedures like that.

If I feel that there is a problem with my eyes, I'll go to an opthomologist, they're the experts.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 04:02 pm
Dilation always kills my near vision, but I can drive and whatnot. Did they give you sunglasses?

Mrs. Drew (just thought of it, but she's Dr. Drew since may!) is allergic to the anesthesia; it makes her nauseous.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 04:03 pm
If your Pupils are the size of dimes, I would recommend that you feed them up a bit, or get their parents to buy extra small school uniforms.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 06:32 pm
bella, can u spare a dime?

(sorry -- couldn't resist... hope your eyes r better soon!)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:38 am
They are back to normal today...

Thanks!
0 Replies