Just need support from my A2K fam- Mental Illness

Kjac123

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 12:27 pm
@Linkat,
Of course safety first. Just saying if she could talk him or his parents in to try something different that’s all.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 04:28 pm
Just an update. It's been a long 3 months now. He was released from the second hospital, no better than when he arrived. He left to another state, in fear of being sent somewhere else.

He has been in contact with me. We talk, from a distance. He has good days and bad days. Reality seems to be coming back, especially today. He's aware that something isn't right but at this point there has been a lot of damage done.

He did go to his first Dr. appt and says he plans to go to the next. I want to hope that he listens to the doctor, but that his his decision. I won't give him advice, to avoid being blamed for any decisions he makes.

I feel like I am doing better now, than I was a month ago. It's definitely been a struggle and life keeps throwing stuff my way. Sometimes I don't know how I still function. All in all, I feel like I am less alone. People have found out what happened (not from me) and I have a great support system.

I am trying to stay positive. I am letting him do what he needs to do for him and I am doing what I need for me. Hopefully, someday (in the distant future I assume) things will be better again.

Thank you all for your words, advice and virtual hugs. Sometimes it's the little things in life that make the biggest differences.

If I've taken anything from this entire experience, life is too short to worry about things you cannot control. Things can change in a split second and there is nothing you can do to prevent it from happening or predicting it will. I am putting my health first, my kids first and overall reducing my stress as much as possible (well at least trying to). I know it doesn't happen overnight, but I have faith it will.
Mame

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2021 07:06 pm
@Crazielady420,
Well, that sounds very positive. I believe the distance was good for you. I'm glad you're putting you and your family first. There are no guarantees in life, other than the final one, so you have to deal with what's going on today and it sounds like you're doing that.
0 Replies