I'm just a picture taking looney: belly pic

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 11:52 pm
Ignore him. <LOL>
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 11:54 pm
You are going to have so much fun with this baby! Look, you already are!

That's so true about men and ultrasounds. Pregnancy makes it so much more real to us. We can feel our bodies changing, see the differences day by day. It doesn't become real for most men until they actually see the baby, whether by ultrasound or when it's born.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 07:58 pm
Oh wow!!! Look at what I've been missing! A big congrats to you Joa and hubby. I'm so excited for you :-D
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 07:02 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Gustav would be a good name for a boy.

...in 1832.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:03 am
Thanks Montana!!! Very Happy

Well, here is 18 wk pics taken the other day. Smile I'm just excited because there is a lot more movement this week. I've debated putting music to my belly since my book says she can hear outside noises.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/Ki-bbum/PG/18wks2.jpg

I don't think you can tell a difference in this pic from 16 weeks, but there's another pic that shows more but it looks like I'm in my panties, so I just didn't "post the link." Well, I wouldn't wear these outside, but they're really little nighty pink shorts ("Pink" line from VS) that you wear to bed. In my case, I wear them around before we go out to prevent my pants from wrinkling. Smile

I included a summary (all the pics) in the Website Link that's under my name (next to profile button).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:35 am
Pretty cool Joa! but you are really not showing that big, how much weight have you gained so far? maybe you are carrying on the inside and not outwards yet.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:03 am
12 lbs
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:30 am
Okay, here's the budda now. I've gained 38lbs.

31 wks

The other day -33 wks

I have morning sickness all over again. It makes me miss the 2nd trimester...or/and look forward to the day he makes his appearance!!! I guess I shouldn't complain about not being able to sleep since I keep getting told it only gets worse. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:48 am
Now that's more like it!

Good goin', Joa. Not so great on the return of morning sickness - but looks like you and your little buddy are doing well.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:24 am
Quote:
look forward to the day he makes his appearance!!!

oh? is it a he again? in either case, glad to hear you're doing well. love the cat peaking out at the snowy birches, too. hoorah!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 11:32 am
what was the actual due date? on my bday? Wink
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:56 pm
Wait a second, Husker....that would be MY birthday! Razz
January what??
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 12:05 am
Joahaeyo wrote:
Okay, here's the budda now. I've gained 38lbs.

31 wks

The other day -33 wks

I have morning sickness all over again. It makes me miss the 2nd trimester...or/and look forward to the day he makes his appearance!!! I guess I shouldn't complain about not being able to sleep since I keep getting told it only gets worse. Laughing

Just 7 more weeks to go! I remember suddenly blossoming and getting really big in the belly during my last 7 weeks. That's the time period when the baby starts putting on the pounds. My little guy was so comfortable, he decided to stay in the womb 8 days past his due date. He was worth the extra wait!

Keep us posted!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 09:20 am
Yeah, we are hoping to have the baby on the 31st of December. My girl friend who is due the same time as me also plans on working real hard for a end of december baby. We don't plan on starting "the list" (lots of fun time in the bedroom, walking and walking, etc, etc) until we're a lot closer, but that's all we talk about. The doctor has also gave us a few. The hospital we're delivering at cannot handle the number of babies that are expected to arrive in January. They never have, and they're hoping for santa's help (or some praying) to make it work out! This is due to the largest division coming back from iraq at the same time, and the soldiers who replaced them also saying their goodbyes (to their ladies).

We're taking bets (husband and I) and he thinks the baby will come Jan 10th. I think he'll come Friday the 13th . The due date is Jan7th, but he's measuring a week earlier.

I can't ...don't want to imagine how much more I'll gain before the end.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 09:22 am
Eh, it comes off pretty quickly, especially if you breastfeed. A year after she was born I was skinnier than before I got pregnant.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:31 pm
A year, soz? Six WEEKS after my son was born I was thinner than before I got pregnant!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:34 pm
From observation, it seems like there are two kinds of weight losers. Those who lose during breast feeding and those who lose after weening (or starting of solid food). I was in the latter category. But yeah, it comes off quick.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 06:09 pm
Wow, Eva!

I remember making note of it at a year ("Wait a minute, these before-pregnancy pants are way too big!"), not sure how much sooner it happened. Don't think it was 6 weeks, though!

I was more or less normal after a couple of months, but then it kept coming off. I had the thinnest thighs ever because whenever I've been seriously thin it's been from running, (I never diet), but for this I was just doing basic tending-to-baby exercise (which isn't nothing!) and breastfeeding -- great way to put out more calories than you're taking in.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 07:08 pm
Today was a scare!

I went to the doctor's and the nurse wanted to send me to Labor&Delivery to get checked out because "I was measuring small." I'm 29 centimeters (measurement of belly) but should be 36 centimeters at almost 35 wks.

They said when you are measuring small, it COULD mean that my water broke, the baby isn't producing enough fluids, something is wrong with the placenta, or... I'm just measuring small.

I've gained OVER 40lbs since the start of the pregnancy, so they ruled out me not gaining enough weight. If anything, she was shocked I had already gained so much.

I had ultrasound after ultrasound done. Thankfully, after 4 hrs of being at the hospital and being monitored for contractions, they say I'm just measuring small.

Ironically, his head is measuring 36wks 5 days ...and his body 35wks and something. How can he be small yet big? I left a little confused what happened.

Was nice to see another ultrasound though. Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:05 pm
That measuring stuff is notoriously inaccurate. It's not like the uterus is a perfectly round ball -- it's constantly changing shape. They only measure vertically, so if you're carrying out the sides, you'll measure small. Also, tall women tend to measure smaller and appear smaller in the belly too. I think it's because they have more room for the baby.
0 Replies