I'm just a picture taking looney: belly pic

squinney

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 11:27 am
Okay, I'll have to settle for 98% fat free, no sugar added Chocolate Ice cream in the freezer.

(crossing fingers for a boy even though it will be really hard to eat ice cream this way.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 11:53 am
> pushes some ghiradelli chocolate twords squinney <
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:09 pm
IT'S A.........

GIRL!!!!!!!!!
Daddy is so excited. He's already talking about sex talks and everything. hahaha

Actually we're not sure. She said "please don't quote me on this" ...because the ultrasound was VERY blurry. I have another appt the last week in Aug. to get a REAL ultrasound by radiology so we can be more sure. She said there's nothing between the bean's legs that indicates it has a 5 limbs. Mr. Joah said "you wouldn't be able to miss it if it had a 5th limb...." I just rolled my eyes. Wink
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:12 pm
I like the way you are holding your boob in the first one. :wink:
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:15 pm
Congratulations to Mr. Joah, for being man enough to shoot the balls off.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:15 pm
congratulatations -- however many legs it has!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:16 pm
So, are we still buying yellow and green?

Wait to see?

Or, do you feel like it is a girl?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:21 pm
yeaaaahhhH!!!

congratulations!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:27 pm
Yay, daddy's little girl. I'm so excited for you. Little girls are wonderful.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:35 pm
Okay, I feel terrible for sharing this but I will..

(sigh)

I was a little disappointed. Of course I am THRILLED that our baby has a heartbeat. That rocks! Always nice to hear... but Mr. Joah looked at me when she said girl because he and many of my friends had me so set on a boy.

Never wanted a boy until everyone we talked to said stuff like, "they'll be closer to you ...more protective over mommy" "boys are less trouble and less attitude" etc etc...

Then Mr. Joah told his mom what we're having and he said, "I'm so excited. I (Mr. Joah) didn't care either way, ...just Mrs. Joahaeyo." WHAT?!?! lol ...all he talked about is having his very own Michael Jordan Jr. haha

We're still going to shop for green/yellows because we definitely plan on having more children even if we adopt! So we're passing everything along... Smile
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:50 pm
Aww, that disappointment won't last too long. And it's ok to be disappointed, especially after everyone made their preferences so clear.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:08 pm
Disappointment is normal--after all, you were mentally preparing for a little boy and all your joyous images of the future were of HIM. Now that you know HE is most likely a SHE, you have to rewire your thoughts. Although you envisioned a little slugger sliding into home base, now you will switch gears and envision little sweety wrapping ribbons around her pigtails.

Isn't it amazing how our thoughts are gender-oriented! Let's try envisioning Joah's little girl hitting a homerun and sliding into home base! Smile

Congratulations!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:21 pm
Joah,

Girls are sooooooo cool. You'll love your baby to bits no matter if it's a 'he' or a 'she', but girls are so, so special. As a mom of two girls, I can't tell you how much I enjoy being a mom to two chickens! They'll be the joy of both your lives, honest!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:39 pm
Girls are the best.

And closeness, trouble, etc. have much more to do with parenting than with gender.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:39 pm
Oh, yeah...

Congratulations!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 04:58 pm
Oh, happy, happy, happy day!! Congratulations to you both! You must be so excited! And as Debra pointed out, little girls can do anything that little boys do! My daughter is testament to that. She played basketball and baseball on co-ed teams and had a ball. There was always the girly girl side of her too that loved to dress up and play with dolls.

Both of mine (son and daughter) are both grown now, but my daughter is my roommate and is the best roommate I could ever have. We're like mother daughter/sisters/best friends all rolled into one.

I am so, so happy for you! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 05:17 pm
Everyone is so reassuring. I told Mr. Joah that I couldn't wait to come home to tell everyone here. He said what... your "internet" friends? I just gave him a loud Pffft... and told him to get me some more food. Laughing Laughing

I feel a lot better after talking to you guys. It's amazing what can happen after a man goes with you to see an ultrasound. He's a lot more sensitive now that he actually saw the baby move himself. Smile

Mr. Joah is a big soccer "coach" wanna-be, so I imagine little "still thinking of a name" will be a tomboy. Then again, I'm all girl....... Wink

So if you guys can knock me out and wake me up after I've magically delivered, I'll be so thrilled. Very Happy
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 05:49 pm
Because my wife was 'older" with her first pregnancy (mid 30's) we had ultra sound and other tests. As a result my son was a girl right to the moment he was born. You really don't know until they come out and tell you what they are.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 07:47 pm
Yep, pick a boy name just in case.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 08:24 pm
Gustav would be a good name for a boy.
0 Replies