Can't decide what to do with my best friend.

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 06:29 pm
So I've known, let's call him John, for about 9 years now. We weren't always close but we've had a pretty solid friendship the last 5 years. Recently I went to visit him and his family on holiday for a few days. On the last night I was with them, we got raging drunk and had sex. The following months we acted like normal but there was definitely some sort tension. Last week we got together for a movie night and I ended up staying the night... We did drink again but we definitely weren't as drunk as the first time and he was much more affectionate. Now we're back to where we started the first time around but I don't know if I can continue to sleep with him and let it not affect our friendship. Should I end the sexual relationship to save the friendship? Or should I put myself out there and risk losing him all together?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 2

jespah

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 07:12 pm
@rivka barry,
Get together. In public, with your clothes on. No alcohol.

Ask - what's going on between us? Tell him what you think/hope/want to be going on.

And see what happens.
rivka barry

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2021 09:24 am
@jespah,
Thank you that's exactly what I needed to hear.

I have to admit I'm scared. We have so many mutual friends and I can't say with certainty that if things, for some reason, went badly that they wouldn't take his side. Which would leave me with no one.. again.
A similar situation has already happened to me. People in my life are dwindling by the minute and I don't know if I can take losing anyone else.

But I love him. I really do which is why I'm so conflicted on what to do.
0 Replies