7
   

Canadians Stand Up Against mandatory experimental injections

 
 
Glennn
 
Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2021 08:54 am
Tens of thousands of Canadians tell officials where to stick their experimental injection rules.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/video-vax-pass-hits-canada-tens-thousands-march-montreal-against-vaccine-passports-ahead-sept-1-rollout/5753070
 
Glennn
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 07:44 am
I don't recall seeing the above story this on the news. Does anyone recall hearing about this?

Someone must have decided that we don't need to hear about it.
engineer
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 08:15 am
@Glennn,
It was covered in the Canadian press. I normally look to the Globe and Mail for my Canadian news, you can read the article here.
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 08:35 am
Such happens in nearly every country worldwide.
France is among the most vaccine-sceptical nations in Europe (nearly four in ten people in France said they definitely or probably won’t get vaccinated against Covid-19 = demonstrations with hundreds of thousands).
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 08:47 am
If you take away the craziness of Trump conspiracy theories and the insistence that these are "experimental injections"... there is an interest question here.

You can be sane and believe in the science of covid-19 and the effectiveness of the vaccine and still oppose making these vaccines mandatory. There is a question of whether forcing people to get vaccinated will backfire. By making this a political issue, some people who were persuadable may be less likely to change their minds.

Of course there is also the ethics. There is an understood right to refuse medical treatment in most cases.

I am fully vaccinated. My children are fully vaccinated. I am not sure if I support forcing other people to do so.
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 10:03 am
@maxdancona,
Sorry but these idiots are not just harming themselves but the society as a whole including their own children so the hell with them and their rights to promote a deadly disease.

If only they was at risk due to their actions alone I could care less and in fact be happy that such fools are killing themselves off.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 11:08 am
@BillRM,
I acknowledge your point Bill.

I still have a problem with forcing someone to undergo a medical procedure they don't want... not even for the good of society.

I dont like the idea of forced sterilization either.
hightor
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 11:17 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I dont like the idea of forced sterilization either.

How about enforced fertility? Compulsory childbirth?
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 11:49 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
I dont like the idea of forced sterilization either.

How about enforced fertility? Compulsory childbirth?


I don't know if you meant that for me. I am pro-choice.

The anti-Vaxxers have been holding signs with the slogan "My Body, My Choice!".

They have a point.
Walter Hinteler
 
  3  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 11:57 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The anti-Vaxxers have been holding signs with the slogan "My Body, My Choice!".

They have a point.
Of course they have a point.
And surely they'll pay the hospital costs and doctor's bills after a possible infection out of their own pocket and not with the help of an insurance company and thus the contributions of others.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 11:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Explain to me how this argument is different than the argument for forced sterilization.

People having babies that they can't afford has a real social cost as well.
Walter Hinteler
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 12:26 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Explain to me how this argument is different than the argument for forced sterilization.
Can you tell me why I should?

Yes, we had had forced sterilisation here during the Nazi period. But that was neither my point nor did I mean to compare it with today's situation.

I just find it costly (here: as a member of a health insurance) that some prefer the significant risks in having a disease to the much lower risks from being vaccinated.
Mame
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 12:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I just find it costly (here: as a member of a health insurance) that some prefer the significant risks in having a disease to the much lower risks from being vaccinated.


Seatbelts are mandated, speeds are mandated, public drinking is mandated, bike and motorbike helmets are mandated... these are safety issues. Various vaccinations were mandated throughout childhood. Again, safety. I fail to see how this is any different.

I love, love, love that many businesses, restaurants, bars, and gyms are refusing to allow non-fully vaccinated indoor their establishments.

If you want to play Russian roulette, stay out of public indoor spaces.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 12:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
1) Forcing someone to undergo a medical procedure against their will is a problem (at least for me).

2) People seem to justify this in the case of covid-19 based on social cost.

3) The same argument you seem to be using to justify forced covid-19 vaccinations can also be used to justify forced sterilizations.

That is my point.
engineer
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 12:32 pm
@hightor,
Canada is not working on forced vaccination, this is about their vaccine passport system. From the article I linked to:
Quote:
Ralliers called for the government to revoke its decision or hold a public debate on the system, which is set to come into effect on Sept. 1 and will require people show proof of vaccination to access some non-essential services with high degrees of contact, such as at festivals, bars, restaurants and gyms.

No one is forcing anyone to get vaccinated, but you will need a vaccine to access some "non-essential" services. Not part of this particular debate, but I support vaccine requirements to work in some jobs as well. There were protesters outside our local hospital last weekend which is requiring vaccines for medical personnel. I equate it with safety equipment. If you don't want to wear safety equipment, you don't have to, but you can't work here.
Mame
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 12:36 pm
@engineer,
No, it's not a federal mandate, but more and more cities, companies, universities, hospitals, schools, etc. are issuing mandates. If you want to come to work, you have to be fully vaccinated. I think that's a responsible position.
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 12:40 pm
@maxdancona,
Just for the record: I did not "justify forced covid-19 vaccinations" at all nor any other forced vaccination.

0 Replies
 
neptuneblue
 
  4  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 01:10 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
3) The same argument you seem to be using to justify forced covid-19 vaccinations can also be used to justify forced sterilizations.


I wasn't aware mass pregnancy happens by standing less than six feet away from someone, possibly inflicting a death sentence that includes hospital intervention and ventilators.

Hmm, thanks for the heads up on that.
maxdancona
 
  -2  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 01:25 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
3) The same argument you seem to be using to justify forced covid-19 vaccinations can also be used to justify forced sterilizations.


I wasn't aware mass pregnancy happens by standing less than six feet away from someone, possibly inflicting a death sentence that includes hospital intervention and ventilators.

Hmm, thanks for the heads up on that.


You are being silly, so I will join your silliness. Maybe we need a refresher about how pregnancy happens.

1. Keeping people standing 6 feet away from each other would (in my understanding) prevents pregnancy.

2. Pregnancy often includes hospital intervention (without a ventilator usually) and sometimes leads to death.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 01:27 pm
To be serious...

The point is that this is not a simple issue.

The fact is that people are being forced or pressured to undergo a medical procedure that they don't want

Maybe it is justified in this case. Maybe it is not. It still makes me uncomfortable.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Canadians Stand Up Against mandatory experimental injections
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/16/2021 at 05:10:08