Canadians Stand Up Against mandatory experimental injections

Glennn

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 01:31 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
It was covered in the Canadian press.

I'm not talking about the Canadian press. I'm talking about the U.S.

Anyway, I don't like your source.

The actual crowd is woefully underrepresented in the photo they provided. There were tens of thousands. Why would they want to misrepresent the numbers?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 01:38 pm
My employer (a medium sized international technology corporation) has been very clear.

They will never demand that employees be vaccinated or ask about vaccination status.

This is an interesting policy decision, but I think they are trying to support employee rights. There is a difficult balance to strike between employee privacy and safety.

We had a recent Town Hall meeting about the Covid Response for the Corporation. People were asking if they could have certain "rights" if they had been vaccinated. The response was always "we will never ask employees about their vaccination status".

0 Replies

Mame

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 01:47 pm
@Glennn,
"Thousands of protesters are marching in Montreal today against Quebec’s decision to impose a vaccine passport across the province in the Fall.

Premier Francois Legault has said his government will be implementing a vaccine passport system starting Sept. 1 to control access in settings with a high degree of contact, such as festivals, bars, restaurants and gyms."

They're protesting the vaccine passport.

Glennn

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 02:22 pm
@Mame,
It doesn't make any sense that tens of thousands of Canadians would give a damn about the passport issue if they also approved of the vaccines.

Anyway, you talk as if the experimental injections stop the spread.
maxdancona

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 02:32 pm
@Glennn,
There are two different issues here Glennn.

1. Is that people have the right to refuse medical treatment that they don't want (for whatever reason) and shouldn't be penalized for doing so.

2. The crazy conspiracy theories you are spreading.

I support you for #1 (although it is a difficult balancing act). Forcing people to get a medical treatment is a problem, and even penalizing them (prohibiting them from public spaces) is uncomfortable.

Clearly there is a balance here.... but I support in principle the right of people to say they don't want the vaccine.

I don't support you for #2. Clearly the vaccine is significantly reducing the spread of the virus, the evidence is undeniable (unless you propose a grand conspiracy theory to inject microchips for the lizard people).

I support your right to refuse the vaccine even though I think your belief system is completely nuts. If you actually want to gain public support, I suggest that you focus heavily on point #1 and lay off the ridiculous conspiracy theories.
0 Replies

Mame

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 02:43 pm
@Glennn,
Sounds like they could be friends of yours. From the CTV news:

"I think it's unconstitutional and it's also immoral," said David Freih, a lawyer. "It's ever-encroaching. It never ends.

"Organizers from Québec Debout say the "Non a la passe sanitaire!" (No to the health pass) demonstration is to show the discriminatory aspect of the passport. The group was also behind protests against public health measures last May.

"The planned implementation of the health pass (proof of vaccination for restaurants, cinemas, sports teams, educational institutions, etc...) is an unprecedented prejudice for the population and is highly discriminatory," the event page reads. "We must say no together."

Among those who gathered, several questioned the official COVID-19 death toll and science behind vaccines, citing discredited conspiracy theories. "

They're a bunch of idiots. They're always protesting in Quebec - it's part of their psyche. They're unhappy the Francophone are basically relegated to one province and they're always up for a handout. They should move to France.

Glennn

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 02:47 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Sounds like they could be friends of yours. From the CTV news:

You'll have to explain that one . . .

But again, you talk as if the experimental injections prevent the spread. What's up with that?
engineer

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 02:54 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

It doesn't make any sense that tens of thousands of Canadians would give a damn about the passport issue if they also approved of the vaccines.

Despite the title tens of thousands were not at the protest according to the article you posted (and all the other articles). It was thousands which is still a good amount, so no need to embellish. (You might consider using a different news source when the headline is directly contradicted in the body of the article.)
0 Replies

Mame

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 02:56 pm
@Glennn,
Among those who gathered, several questioned the official COVID-19 death toll and science behind vaccines, citing discredited conspiracy theories. "

You think alike. There is much evidence supporting the science that getting the vaccinations ensures the mass majority won't die or become seriously ill. Look at the numbers, Glennn... around the globe. Who's getting sick? 90+% of those in hospital with Covid are unvaccinated. You can't truly be that ridiculous that all those people, everywhere, are part of some plot.
maxdancona

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 03:10 pm
@Mame,
This thread is becoming just like the other thread; two people from two extremes insulting each other.

There is an interesting topic here (that hasn't been discussed) about the rights of people who don't want the vaccine for whatever reason.

I was really hoping that someone would want an intelligent discussion rather than the same old mud slinging.
BillRM

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 03:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

hightor wrote:

Quote:
I dont like the idea of forced sterilization either.

How about enforced fertility? Compulsory childbirth?

I don't know if you meant that for me. I am pro-choice.

The anti-Vaxxers have been holding signs with the slogan "My Body, My Choice!".

They have a point.

Once more their body rights end at the point they are placing my life and others including children too young to have the shots at risk of death.

One more if they wish to kill themselves I have no problem but sharing public areas with others and placing them at risk of death is not ok.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 03:58 pm
@maxdancona,
How many shots are now given for many generations to children before they are allow to enter public schools?
0 Replies

Mame

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 04:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Nobody gives a damn what you think. Stay out of it if you don't like it or don't agree. We don't need your opinions.

And equating birth control or compulsory births with vaccinations is just stupid, irrelevant, and off-topic.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 05:21 pm
Ah, we've got another parrot, who can only repeat what it has heard.
0 Replies

vikorr

Tue 17 Aug, 2021 05:38 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm with Max that I don't agree that people should be forced to get vaccinated. I have no issue with the 'My Body My Choice' slogan being used - the basic principle being argued is the same as that of pro-choice. The argument of 'but this affects everyone' is an argument that sits atop 'my body / my choice'.

But once vaccines are widely available, because 'this affects everyone' I have no issue with non-essential, specific activities only being allowed to the vaccinated / being denied to the unvaccinated - optional activities like travel (Every country has the right to set the criteria by which foreigners are allowed to enter their country (which may be no criteria, little criteria, or a lot of criteria).

Because of the degree this is affecting small business / favouring corporations, I am also of the opinion that once vaccines are widely available to everyone, that restrictions should be lifted for all bar facilities catering to the vulnerable. If a person chooses not to get vaccinated, and ends up dying from coronavirus because of it - that is a consequence of their choice.

0 Replies