RIP Jackie Mason, 93...

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 05:49 am
Quote:
Jackie Mason, legendary comedian, dies at 93

Comedian Jackie Mason, known for his rapid-fire befuddled observations in a decades-long
standup career, died at a New York hospital Saturday at the age of 93, long-time friend and
collaborator Raoul Felder told CNN on Saturday night.

"He died peacefully with several close friends and family at his side," Felder said. Mason had
been hospitalized for two weeks with difficulty breathing, Felder said.

Although he was born in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, Mason came of age in New York, with brief
career turns as an amateur boxer and ordained rabbi before getting into comedy. Mason was
a master of the "Borscht Belt" style of standup, leaning heavily on Jewish culture and
expressions. In his later years, Mason curated a vlog called "The Ultimate Jew" on his website.
(cnn)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,502 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 05:56 am
Mason was funny when he was young. In his later days I didn't like him. But RIP, Jackie
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 08:05 am
@Region Philbis,
One of those people I'd assumed was already dead...I wonder how many of those old Borscht Belt comedians are still around?

From what I remember, he could be rather "edgy" and was big on insults. I agree with edgarblythe about him not being that funny when he was older.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:02 pm
@hightor,
We saw Jackie Mason sometime ago because our good friends wanted to see him. He was at a theater in D.C. and he was so depressingly angry, bitter and racist I regret being there.

It's always sad to learn of someone's passing, I hope he found some peace of mind before he died. Rest In Peace.
0 Replies