Why does he always clicks off his phone when I walk into the bedroom?

Snowed

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2021 02:22 pm
Both my husband and I work from home. He works in our bedroom at our desk and I work in the kitchen at the table. It seems that when ever I walk into the bedroom he's playing around on his phone but when he hears me walking up he's quickly close out of whatever he's doing. He feels that I'm only coming into the bedroom and only looking at his phone just to try and catch him doing something. He likes to play games on his phone but there are times when I'll see that he's texting someone. He says that he has friends that I don't know and he shouldn't have to announce ever text message or phone call he gets. Today I walked into the bedroom tog et our granddaughter who was sitting on the bed and when I got to the door I just stood there. When he noticed me there he closed out of whatever he was doing. He feels that if I was just coming to get the baby why would I get to the door and stop? He said I should have jut walked in and looked straight at the baby and not at his phone. He says I'm trying to catch him doing something. He even has his personal laptop sitting on a tray next to him and he'll turn it slightly so I can't see what's on his screen or if he's typing something I'll walk by the bedroom and he immediately stops typing. What's he hiding from me? He feels that even in a marriage everyone is entitled to some measure of privacy but I find it suspect that whenever I go into the bedroom I always catch him on his phone between calls for his job.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,060 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Snowed

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2021 02:41 pm
@Snowed,
He feels he doesn't have any privacy in this marriage. He feels that couples shouldn't have to divulge everything to their spouse all the time. When his text message alert goes off and he doesn't tell me who it is I get nervous and suspicious. I'll ask him who that was and his normal response was, "it was for me not for you."
Linkat

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2021 03:29 pm
I suggest you seek therapy - it seems you like to get attention.

Maybe he is hiding what he is writing about you on A2k.
Mame

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2021 04:48 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Maybe he is hiding what he is writing about you on A2k.

I vote this the best answer! Cool
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2021 10:59 pm
@Snowed,
Snowed wrote:

He feels he doesn't have any privacy in this marriage.

Everyone needs some privacy. Maybe you're too suspicious.

Snowed wrote:
He feels that couples shouldn't have to divulge everything to their spouse all the time.

I agree with him. Not everything is up for grabs. If I'm having lunch with a girlfriend because she's having marital problems, it's none of his business. And if he did ask me, I'd say, "it's private", and that's the end of that.

Snowed wrote:
When his text message alert goes off and he doesn't tell me who it is I get nervous and suspicious.

Why do you get "nervous and suspicious"? When my husband's on the phone or his text thingy goes off, I don't ask him what it was about. Why would I? And he doesn't ask, "who was that?" either. Trust is a marvellous thing.

Snowed wrote:
I'll ask him who that was and his normal response was, "it was for me not for you."

Sad. Really. It's sad. You have 3 ways of dealing with your lives: 1) Live the way you have in a dysfunctional, non-trusting way... 2) Get counselling ... or 3) separate and ruin someone else's live(s).
Snowed

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2021 07:42 am
@Mame,
Then why get married if you're going to have secrets?
Mame

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2021 08:48 am
@Snowed,
I think it's your husband's turn to post.

Maybe he just thinks you're too nosy?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2021 11:48 am
@Snowed,
Snowed wrote:

Then why get married if you're going to have secrets?

He is having a mad affair with a woman that allows him his space and trusts him and does not spy on him and suspect him of all sorts of things.
0 Replies