American citizen lashes out against Canada

deano

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 01:45 am
steven p. chaney
I, being from alberta find this very hard to believe. I work in the U.S. and abroad, having many friends in the U.S. that travel here to calgary and visit and have a good time . I would believe that what Steven P. Chaney experienced was not anti U.S but rather anti Steven P(rick) chaney. Hatred is an ugly thing why do you think the world is in the shape that its in now. This statement was bothersome to me and it shouldn't still bug me for I know that this is just one disturbed idiotic bastards remark. To think that because someone said something that pissed this guy off ,now he wishes no less than one million die . Who's the arrogant bastard now.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 12:16 pm
steven p. chaney. hmmm. possibly a little too much ann coulter in his diet.

sure as hell doesn't speak for me.

i've played music with canadians, worked with, for and had canadian employees. have canadian friends. i even (gasp!) dated a canadian girl for a while. all have been excellent folks.

welcome in my hoose anytime. :wink:
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:35 pm
This guy, Chaney, is a dork.

For starters, Canada is our No. 1 trading partner in the world.

Canada's homicide rate is 5%. (per hundred thousand)
The USA homicide rate is 20%.
The Canadians do have us beat on assault and batterey.

Canadians read more books than Americans do.
Canadians tend to speak in full sentences.
Canadians also tend to be quite polite.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:40 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
i even (gasp!) dated a canadian girl for a while.

Really . . . you go too far . . .
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:12 am
Put me down as a fellow traveller Set - providing all goes well in the next several months I will be ensuring Canada loses one of its finest citizens to the wide brown land of Oz Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 05:22 am
(Psst, don't tell anyone, but my Sweetiepie was born in Kingston, Ontario, and the dog you see in my current avatar photo is also a native of Ontario. Why anyone would leave the frigid glory of the Great White North for the arid wastes of Oz is beyond me, but, each to his own, said the old lady as she kissed the cow.)
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:15 pm
Setanta wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
i even (gasp!) dated a canadian girl for a while.

Really . . . you go too far . . .

Laughing
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 09:33 pm
And, Canada has The Shakespeare Festival in Stratford, Ontario. Possibly the best theatre in North America.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 12:30 pm
"there's a moose in my hoose and he's drinkin' all the beer !"
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 12:48 pm
i actually had a bad experience in canada. when i was 14 i swam there as a part of the US national junior team and some of the hotel staff told us they hoped we lost.

even at 14 i realized they were :
1. not representative of every canadian out there
2. just rooting for the home team (who doesn't)

that guy was way out of line. mr.d and i encountered much anti-americanism in paris two years ago, didn't make me hate the french or worse, wish death upon them.

its amazing what a little alcohol and feelings of insecurity cause people to do. i hope you canadians understand we love ya! one of mr. d's best friends is a native of toronto and he is one hell of a funny guy.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 12:56 pm
One of my long-standing travel friends are from Calgary. We met on a tour of England, Scotland and Ireland some years ago. He's a petrophysicist, and she a teacher, and they now live in Malaysia, because he works for the state oil company, Petronas. We've kept in touch for many years, and still communicate by email and snail-mail on a regular basis.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 02:07 pm
Having a negative experience is one thing...lashing out with such an outlandish, over the top, and public response is another thing entirely.

Some of what I say may come off as anti-American, but trust me, I'm the first one to jump on any Canadians who feel free to bash away publicly.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 02:21 pm
dragon49 wrote:
i actually had a bad experience in canada. when i was 14 i swam there...

Fortunately, they now have reliable air and surface transportation links between the US and Canada.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 02:42 pm
Some of my best friends are Canadians . . . not sure i'd want Miss Cleo to marry one, but that's a different matter . . .
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 04:00 am
joefromchicago wrote:
dragon49 wrote:
i actually had a bad experience in canada. when i was 14 i swam there...

Fortunately, they now have reliable air and surface transportation links between the US and Canada.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 09:22 pm
New Jersey has more people per square mile than any other state. As such, it also means there are more assholes per square mile in New Jersey than any other state.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 10:08 pm
BillyFalcon wrote:
New Jersey has more people per square mile than any other state. As such, it also means there are more **** per square mile in New Jersey than any other state.

All night diners ?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 10:17 pm
HOw many bars, and how many churches?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 11:58 am
LionTamerX wrote:
BillyFalcon wrote:
New Jersey has more people per square mile than any other state. As such, it also means there are more **** per square mile in New Jersey than any other state.

All night diners ?

mobbed up mooks ?
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 12:45 pm
What the heck is this place called "Canada." You guys are crazy!
0 Replies