How big of an issue is Covid-19 in 2021?

engineer

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 05:50 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

... thought these people are better than the general population because they've had more training.

People who have had more training in something are typically better than the general population in the thing they have training in, much better. I'm not sure how you can justify your contempt for people who have put in the time and training to understand medicine (or any other discipline) when you have not. I definitely want trained pilots flying a plane I am on, trained dentists working on my teeth and trained doctors helping me understand pandemics.
izzythepush

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 05:55 am
@engineer,
It’s worse than that, not only are they disregarding the word of trained professionals, they’re believing an incompetent, criminal moron like Donald Trump.

I’m amazed they still have a pulse.
Frank Apisa

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 08:46 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It’s worse than that, not only are they disregarding the word of trained professionals, they’re believing an incompetent, criminal moron like Donald Trump.

I’m amazed they still have a pulse.

Some of them no longer have a pulse. Many of them are dead because they were trying to show those of us who heed the professionals...were wrong.
0 Replies

engineer

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 12:47 pm
Kind of a brutal headline here about the Covid situation in Florida:

Florida’s Death Toll Now Exceeds DeSantis’ Margin of Victory
JGoldman10

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:15 pm
I spoke to my mother over the phone recently as of the time of the posting of this. She doesn't know if I can see her over at the rehab center and nursing facility she's in. She said something about a new strand of the virus was discovered and that there are new spikes in Covid-19 cases over there.

I don't know what strand of the virus she's referring to. I told her about the mutant strands that were discovered in India recently.
glitterbag

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 09:40 pm
@engineer,
The Governors of Florida and Texas are now asking for assistance from the Federal Government to help them deal with the surge in COVID hospitalizations. The same anti-big government hypocrites who tried to prevent parents and businesses from enforcing mandates to wear masks......and suggested that the vaccines are bogus ....Yeah those two guys...absolutely shameless.
izzythepush

Tue 10 Aug, 2021 11:57 pm
@JGoldman10,
I wouldn’t rely on your mother for up to date information.

The most recent, contagious version of the virus is the delta variant.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:23 am
@glitterbag,
This is bullshit.

The government of Florida actually asked the CDC to amend its number count after it merged numbers for an entire week into one day to induce a state of panic.

They are screwing with the numbers. And everyone sane knows it.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/08/10/florida-department-of-health-calls-out-cdc-for-botching-data-n2593870

"It was an accident!" I bet they'll say.
bulmabriefs144

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:27 am
@glitterbag,
I've also got huge mashups of image data to show that two different websites have numbers 5x larger for the same two days!

July 19th and 20th either had 2000+ new cases or 11000+ new cases. Which is it?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:32 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:
This is bullshit.

The government of Florida actually asked the CDC to amend its number count after it merged numbers for an entire week into one day to induce a state of panic.

They are screwing with the numbers. And everyone sane knows it.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/08/10/florida-department-of-health-calls-out-cdc-for-botching-data-n2593870

"It was an accident!" I bet they'll say.

It must be horrible to be a Trump supporting Republican these days. The poor suckers have to keep reaching lower and lower to rationalize the mayhem being perpetrated on their numbers by their "leaders."

Nice try, Bulma.

Anyway, credit where credit is due: Trump...and pathetic governors like Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott...are doing everything they can to kill their followers.

Gotta give 'em credit for that.
bulmabriefs144

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
They aren't supposed stats. They are literally me using Printscreen on pages and copying published stats together.

Which mean I literally am showing you stats from a number of websites including CDC itself (which is way inflated from other sites), and you are unable to believe the evidence of your own eyes, because it contradicts what you've been told.

You either willfully trying to lie to me... or you are lying hard to yourself. Either way, I don't care, cause I don't believe COVID is real. But in fhe latter case, maybe you might be concerned?
Region Philbis

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:39 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
I don't believe COVID is real

<motions waitperson>

check, please!
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 05:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
That's rich.

Cuomo kills half a million seniors by locking them away in substandard nursing homes without the opportunity to get fresh air. Okay, maybe not half a million. But that's exactly my point about hyperbole.

People are dying of pneumonia. They are dying of suicide. They dying of job loss and unemployment. They are dying of being evicted after moratorium bubble bursts. They are dying from taxes raised for people being paid to do nothing causing the ones who remain at work to work themselves into an early grave. They are dying of accidents. They are dying of other medical diseases with COVID (maybe). They are not dying of COVID.

If I tell you Cuomo killed half a million seniors, you should react the way I want. That's the beauty of inflated stats. But when you're a teenager and that isolates you from all your friends, you are screwed over. When you're a restauranteur and that causes your customers to decide to bail before even ordering because they see one waiter across the room maskless (check please indeed). When you're a shopowner and your business of 20 years is closed after a year of difficulty meeting customers. All of this, this kills.

They are dying because of COVID numbers. The people writing the statistics have blood on their hands.

Everyone believes the news until it happens to them. When our small rown in rural Virginia started to loosen the mask mandate, I'm sure the numbers have suddenly gone up. Literally nothing has happened though, except for people finally starting to go back to normalcy and then irrational people pudhing their agenda again.

This is literally what this is about. Nanny state wrecking people's lives to a fatal extent.
Frank Apisa

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 06:14 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

They aren't supposed stats. They are literally me using Printscreen on pages and copying published stats together.

Which mean I literally am showing you stats from a number of websites including CDC itself (which is way inflated from other sites), and you are unable to believe the evidence of your own eyes, because it contradicts what you've been told.

You either willfully trying to lie to me... or you are lying hard to yourself. Either way, I don't care, cause I don't believe COVID is real. But in fhe latter case, maybe you might be concerned?

Get a grip, Bulma. Get a grip.

Once again...a bit of credit to Trump.

He outdid masters like Joe Goebbels.

Quite an achievement...although obviously he started with a much more ignorant audience than Joe did.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 06:15 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

That's rich.

Cuomo kills half a million seniors by locking them away in substandard nursing homes without the opportunity to get fresh air. Okay, maybe not half a million. But that's exactly my point about hyperbole.

People are dying of pneumonia. They are dying of suicide. They dying of job loss and unemployment. They are dying of being evicted after moratorium bubble bursts. They are dying from taxes raised for people being paid to do nothing causing the ones who remain at work to work themselves into an early grave. They are dying of accidents. They are dying of other medical diseases with COVID (maybe). They are not dying of COVID.

If I tell you Cuomo killed half a million seniors, you should react the way I want. That's the beauty of inflated stats. But when you're a teenager and that isolates you from all your friends, you are screwed over. When you're a restauranteur and that causes your customers to decide to bail before even ordering because they see one waiter across the room maskless (check please indeed). When you're a shopowner and your business of 20 years is closed after a year of difficulty meeting customers. All of this, this kills.

They are dying because of COVID numbers. The people writing the statistics have blood on their hands.

Everyone believes the news until it happens to them. When our small rown in rural Virginia started to loosen the mask mandate, I'm sure the numbers have suddenly gone up. Literally nothing has happened though, except for people finally starting to go back to normalcy and then irrational people pudhing their agenda again.

This is literally what this is about. Nanny state wrecking people's lives to a fatal extent.

Please refer to my compliment to Trump above!
Wickle

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 04:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'd say it's holding pretty song to this point.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sun 15 Aug, 2021 05:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh I will. I'll use that to laugh you off this thread.

I happen to know a brother who dealt with 4+ hours of security theater to get on a plane to go home. I know of two couples who had marital troubles as a result of lockdown. I know of a business who literally went out of business as a result of food stamps and early COVID panic meaning people took everything the store had. They couldn't buy everything so they folded up. I know from working at the food bank that food issues have turned from a monthly thing for just some people to a weekly thing for people who used to be gainfully employed. I know that people have had allergic reactions to the vaccines. So tell me again why this is important to be safe? Or at what point do you admit the cost is too high, that too many people's lives are screwed with? Oh right, never. Every country could go bankrupt, and you'd insist that until everyone is vaccined (even if they already got sick and have perfectly fine antibodies) that it is not enough. And what if they did? What if people all got it? You'd move the goalposts to people who didn't go along with the next step. "Oh you didn't get tracking chips on your forehead. You aren't flattening the curve." I showed earlier that they were having no new cases (or was it deaths?) in one of the areas they were ramping up restrictions. People looked at me with indifference and told me it wasn't about the numbers. Right. It's always been about control and irrationality of the blame game. If conservatives did everything in their power, you'd just shift the goalposts, especially after something failed with whatever plan you thought worked (such as them not dying from the vaccine like you hoped). Because it is never your fault. It's always (in this order):
1. Trump and/or conservatives (whether or not they are vaccinated)
2. Racial injustice
3. Climate change

Conservatives are not perfect, but they believe in a God who says "If you say you have no sins, you deceive yourself, but if you confess your sins they are forgiven."

I also hold my compliments aside for Biden and his abandonment of Afghanistan, which resulted in the immediate takeover by Taliban. Then he blames Trump. I suppose you also have a "reasonable" explanation for his cowardice and abandonment of those we helped under Trump.

https://harbingersdaily.com/dont-blame-trump-for-afghanistans-collapse-blame-the-obama-biden-playbook/

If you can tell me how it works that an Afghanistan where women are allowed to work and live without being under strict Sharia under Trump, suddenly collapsing when Biden pulls out, is Trump's fault then I guess you win. But I strongly suspect anything you say will be an excuse.
Frank Apisa

Mon 16 Aug, 2021 02:05 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Oh I will. I'll use that to laugh you off this thread.

I happen to know a brother who dealt with 4+ hours of security theater to get on a plane to go home. I know of two couples who had marital troubles as a result of lockdown. I know of a business who literally went out of business as a result of food stamps and early COVID panic meaning people took everything the store had. They couldn't buy everything so they folded up. I know from working at the food bank that food issues have turned from a monthly thing for just some people to a weekly thing for people who used to be gainfully employed. I know that people have had allergic reactions to the vaccines. So tell me again why this is important to be safe? Or at what point do you admit the cost is too high, that too many people's lives are screwed with? Oh right, never. Every country could go bankrupt, and you'd insist that until everyone is vaccined (even if they already got sick and have perfectly fine antibodies) that it is not enough. And what if they did? What if people all got it? You'd move the goalposts to people who didn't go along with the next step. "Oh you didn't get tracking chips on your forehead. You aren't flattening the curve." I showed earlier that they were having no new cases (or was it deaths?) in one of the areas they were ramping up restrictions. People looked at me with indifference and told me it wasn't about the numbers. Right. It's always been about control and irrationality of the blame game. If conservatives did everything in their power, you'd just shift the goalposts, especially after something failed with whatever plan you thought worked (such as them not dying from the vaccine like you hoped). Because it is never your fault. It's always (in this order):
1. Trump and/or conservatives (whether or not they are vaccinated)
2. Racial injustice
3. Climate change

Conservatives are not perfect, but they believe in a God who says "If you say you have no sins, you deceive yourself, but if you confess your sins they are forgiven."

I also hold my compliments aside for Biden and his abandonment of Afghanistan, which resulted in the immediate takeover by Taliban. Then he blames Trump. I suppose you also have a "reasonable" explanation for his cowardice and abandonment of those we helped under Trump.

https://harbingersdaily.com/dont-blame-trump-for-afghanistans-collapse-blame-the-obama-biden-playbook/

If you can tell me how it works that an Afghanistan where women are allowed to work and live without being under strict Sharia under Trump, suddenly collapsing when Biden pulls out, is Trump's fault then I guess you win. But I strongly suspect anything you say will be an excuse.

Yes.
0 Replies

hester831

Thu 23 Sep, 2021 07:37 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Unfortunately, it's worse than the nanny state. Once you give the government this type of power over Certificates Of Vaccination IDentification they will never relinquish it peacefully. This is a worldwide program to enslave humanity under permanent medical technocratic oppression. No jab no food IS NOT a conspiracy theory, it is REALITY and it is going to get a LOT worse once crop failures occur. We're thinking martial law and gun confiscation is right around the corner.
Mame

Fri 24 Sep, 2021 11:50 am
@hester831,
Adjust your tinfoil hat... give your head a shake. Worldwide program? I think not. What a twit.
0 Replies