Howcome the Arabs are bad guys?

Lash

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 03:30 pm
No. They put their foot on the backs of the Christian right.
0 Replies

vwbaby

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 09:19 pm
Why should good Arab people feel responsible for the actions of a small group of radicals. Its not them that are looney, thats like me apologizing because Paul Bernardo is a sicko murderer. This has nothing to do with race at all, it is just a group of people who have a distorted view of the world.
Half of these wackos aren't even Arabs at all!
I'm just tired of hearing people make jokes about people who "look" Arab and get away with it.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"- Ghandi
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 10:11 pm
vwbaby wrote:
Why should good Arab people feel responsible for the actions of a small group of radicals. Its not them that are looney, thats like me apologizing because Paul Bernardo is a sicko murderer. This has nothing to do with race at all, it is just a group of people who have a distorted view of the world.
Half of these wackos aren't even Arabs at all!
I'm just tired of hearing people make jokes about people who "look" Arab and get away with it.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"- Ghandi

I look at it this way. Whenever you have a group of immigrants that come to a country they all move into the same area. This has been happening since the dawn of the US. Germans, Italians, Chinese, Indians (India) and Latinos. The same can be said for groups I didn't mention. When it was the Italians and the mob ran everything, the people in the neighborhood knew who the gangsters were but didn't say anything. The same is happening in Muslim neighborhoods. They all know each other and I'm sure they know each other's business to a certain point. If they suspect one of their neighbors is a terrorist then they should report the possible suspect.

An eye for an eye only leaves you with a depth perception problem.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 07:15 am
Enough is enough

After the July 7 London bombings, some in the United Kingdom wondered if the bombing was in retaliation for Britain having troops in Iraq. Perhaps, they suggested, a withdrawal, emulating the Spanish appeasement after the March 2004 bombings in Madrid, would prevent further attacks. Now there has been another series of explosions in London.

There are two flaws in such thinking.

First, after the Spanish ordered their soldiers home, the emboldened jihadists plotted further murders -- most notably, the foiled plot to assassinate members of the Spanish High Court in Madrid.

Second, after the London bombings, the al Qaeda-linked group that took credit for the carnage threatened, "We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all crusader governments that they will receive the same punishment if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan."

Note the reference to both theaters.

In the West, the new orthodoxy is that removing the theocratic Taliban in Afghanistan was the "correct" war that enjoyed widespread European and American support. In contrast, George W. Bush, in a "unilateral" and "pre-emptive" fashion, unnecessarily attacked the "secular" Saddam Hussein.

The terrorists, unlike us, make no such distinctions. Both actions, they insist, were equal affronts to radical Islam.

Somehow even Israel gets pulled into the story of the London bombings. The murderers decry the "Zionist crusader government" of Britain.

Speaking of Israel, shortly after the London attacks, a suicide bomber in Netanya, perhaps in sympathy with his kindred spirits in Britain, walked over to a group of women and blew them up.

He killed five persons, including two 16-year-old girls. This slaughter, in Israel proper, not the West Bank, took place during a mutually agreed "cease-fire" -- and on the eve of Israeli withdrawal from Gaza.

The supposedly more "moderate" Hamas refused to condemn the attack by Islamic Jihad. That was logical given the recent statement of a senior Hamas official. Mahmoud al-Zahar said he would "definitely not" settle for co-existence with Israel -- even if it withdrew to it 1967 borders. As he put it, "n the end, Palestine must return to become Muslim, and in the long term Israel will disappear from the face of the Earth."

Americans and others in the West should not be surprised at the Islamicists' determination to wage all-out war because of who we are rather than what we do.

When the killer of the Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh confessed last week, he boasted, "I can assure you that one day, should I be set free, I would do exactly the same."

If many progressives in the Netherlands expected the Dutch-Moroccan Mohammed Bouyeri would cite past ill-treatment by Westerners, they were sorely disappointed.

Instead, the psychopath icily advised the mother of the murdered van Gogh: "I have to admit I do not feel for you, I do not feel your pain" and "I cannot feel for you. ... because I believe you are an infidel."

Thousands of innocent civilians such as van Gogh have been murdered by Islamic extremists -- in Darfur, Gaza, India, Israel, Lebanon, London, Madrid, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey and the United States. The carnage gives credence to the adage that while the vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists, the vast majority of global terrorists most certainly are Muslims.

The killers always allege particular gripes -- Australian troops in Iraq, Christian proselytizing, Hindu intolerance, occupation of the West Bank, theft of Arab petroleum, the Jews, attacks on the Taliban, the 15th-century reconquest of Spain, and, of course, the Crusades.

But in most cases -- from Mohamed Atta, who crashed into the World Trade Center, to Ahmed Sheik, the former London School of Economics student who planned the beheading of Daniel Pearl, to Magdy Mahmoud Mustafa el-Nashar, the suspected American-educated bomb-maker in London -- the common bond is not poverty, a lack of education or legitimate grievance. Instead it is blind hatred instilled by militant Islam.

Civilization has only two choices. It can continue appeasing these murderers, looking in vain for "root causes" of the mayhem. Maybe Mohammed Bouyeri did not have equal opportunity in the Netherlands? Maybe $50 billion in past American aid to Mohamed Atta's Egypt was too little? Maybe Britain was too insensitive to its Muslim minorities? Maybe the price paid for Middle East oil really is too low?

Or the United States and its allies can deny suspect Middle Eastern males entry into the West while distancing themselves from all Middle East dictatorships, which neither punish nor even shame thousands of their citizens whose money and psychological support fuel murderers across the globe.

We wait for a Western leader with the intellectual integrity and guts at last to say, "Enough is enough."
0 Replies

shortncute11185

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 01:55 pm
highly informative article, McGentrix

well done!
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 02:18 pm
This article points out how adept the Islamic fanatics have become at the art of playing the victims and how gullible the appeasers among us are at swallowing the line.

Pull your heads out of the sand and open your eyes.
0 Replies

Saff

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 03:09 pm
Why does America give so much AID to Israel?

Are Arabs not the brothers of Jews?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 05:24 pm
Saff wrote:
Why shouldn't we?
Yeah. We pay them, too.
0 Replies

Saff

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 03:42 am
Lash wrote:
Saff wrote:
Why shouldn't we?
Yeah. We pay them, too.

You did not get my point.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 01:51 pm
I think you didn't get mine.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 08:12 am
Re: Howcome the Arabs are bad guys?
Maximos1984 wrote:

Some in the Arab community in the US believe that there is a widespread effort now to create the "Muslim terror" as the replacement enemy now that communism is not a threat. In other words, to justify our continued massive military and the billions of dollars we send to Israel every year, we need a demonstrable enemy who will not go away. Israel now emphasizes that this danger of terrorism is more serious than military threats from any country in the Middle East.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 03:19 am
It's worth noting that, no matter how much we like to play it down, most stereotypes are rooted in reality. I'm not saying people should craft their worldview out of a collection of stereotypes, but seriously: how credible is a movie about bald-headed terrorists blowing up buildings in the name of Bhuddha? It would be unrealistic to divest Hollywood of certain biases. Let's not get too PC, is all I'm saying.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 03:51 pm
IronLionZion wrote:
It's worth noting that, no matter how much we like to play it down, most stereotypes are rooted in reality. I'm not saying people should craft their worldview out of a collection of stereotypes, but seriously: how credible is a movie about bald-headed terrorists blowing up buildings in the name of Bhuddha? It would be unrealistic to divest Hollywood of certain biases. Let's not get too PC, is all I'm saying.

True, true, but have you forgotten that there are other terrorist groups out there that aren't Arabic? ETA? IRA? October 11 (or was it November 11?)?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 11:10 pm
Your polling choices are ridiculously biased and designed to produce a predetermined conclusion.

There are numerous scenarios not contemplated by your left leaning survey.

Forget the g-damned politics and consider nature...for a "real" change.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 01:50 am
IronLionZion wrote:
It's worth noting that, no matter how much we like to play it down, most stereotypes are rooted in reality.

You mean like Stepinfetchit? Or the money-grabbing Jew?

Are they rooted in reality?
0 Replies

lastmoderate

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 10:22 pm
Reading this topic makes it clear that all the fanatical extremists are definitely NOT Arab.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 11:59 pm
lastmoderate wrote:
Reading this topic makes it clear that all the fanatical extremists are definitely NOT Arab.

But then you are the "Last Moderate." How could you not come to this conclusion?

Presumably, as the "Last Moderate" you will find postings from the Left (as well as from the Right) which support the assertion that all fanatical extremists are definitely NOT Arab. Care to share?
0 Replies

Maximos1984

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 03:48 pm
WHAT?
IronLionZion wrote:

Bhuddha???????? dude we woreship god only not a freaking cow or somethin!
0 Replies