Howcome the Arabs are bad guys?

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 07:05 am
There you go Bella, just for you:-

UK MUSLIMS ISSUE BOMBINGS FATWA.

http://wikiproxy.whitelabel.org/index.php?url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4694441.stm

"British Muslims have condemned the London bomb atrocity.

More than 500 British Muslim religious leaders and scholars have issued a fatwa in response to the London bombs.
The religious decree expresses condolences to the families of the victims of the atrocity and wishes the injured a speedy recovery.

It states Islam condemns the use of violence and the destruction of innocent lives and says suicide bombings are "vehemently prohibited".

The formal legal opinion was issued by the British Muslim Forum at Parliament.

Prayer for peace

More than 50 Muslim religious leaders from around the UK stood together outside the Houses of Parliament to hear the fatwa read out.

We pray for the defeat of extremism and terrorism in the world

British Muslim Forum

Gul Mohammad, secretary general of the BMF, quoted the Koran saying: "Whoever kills a human being ... then it is as though he has killed all mankind; and whoever saves a human life it is as though he had saved all mankind."

He went on: "Islam's position is clear and unequivocal: murder of one soul is the murder of the whole of humanity; he who shows no respect for human life is an enemy of humanity.

"We pray for the defeat of extremism and terrorism in the world.

"We pray for the peace, security and harmony to triumph in multicultural Great Britain."

Separate statement

The BMF is an umbrella group launched in March 2005 with nearly 300 mosques affiliated to it.

The fatwa will be read out in mosques across the country on 22 July.

On Friday, a separate public statement was made by more than 40 Islamic leaders and scholars at a meeting at London's Islamic Cultural Centre, organised by the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB).

That declaration also denounces the suicide bombings. "
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 07:18 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:

There was one problem though, which I have only heard addressed in the last few days. When the terrorists were out doing their dirty work, why weren't good Arab people taking to the streets and protesting the lunatic fringe, that was giving Arabs a bad name? Why weren't the mullahs denouncing the terrorists from their pulpits?

I agree Phoenix. Perhaps Maximos can help us out here.

The answer is that in the muslim world the agenda is set by the lunatics and everybody else just goes along for the ride to keep from being killed.

Sharks are one thing (you have to go in the water to be killed by a shark), but crocodiles come up on land and kill people. At some point, if enough people get killed by crocodiles, the army corps of engineers comes in and drains the river.

In this picture, ordinary normal muslims who don't take the religion seriously enough to follow the clear manual for mayhem which is the Koran, are the river, and the terrorists are the crocodiles.

At some point, Islam is probably going to have to be banned in western nations which do not want to be placed under sharia law. I am advising friends who have muslim friends and family relations that there will never be a beter time than now for them to find some other religion.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 08:14 am
Re: Silence means approval?
Bella Dea wrote:
engineer wrote:
I would guess that we do not hear fatwas issued against terrorists because the leaders of the Muslim world don't see the need to state the obvious. For those of us who know little about the Muslim world, we feel silence is approval.

True....however, in the wake of such devastation (in US, London and in Iraq, Iran, etc...), don't you think someone would stand up and just say Muslims do not condone killing in the name of Islam?

You mean like this fatwa that was issued:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4694441.stm

And of course, this one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4684885.stm

Then before that there was this issue of condemnation:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4677633.stm

This one the day after the bombings in London issued by Northampshire Muslims:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4664161.stm

And this one released on the same day by Muslims in Reading:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/4665203.stm

And this one by the Middle East press:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4663955.stm

Also, is it just me or is gungasnake insulting the Islam with this particular comment?

gungasnake wrote:
In this picture, ordinary normal muslims who don't take the religion seriously enough to follow the clear manual for mayhem which is the Koran, are the river, and the terrorists are the crocodiles.

Now that I think about it, I've only seen a few posts by him, but none of them seem to have the slightest bit of compassion or understanding for people who don't share his views and culture.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 09:30 am
Maximos:
From a strictly Hollywood point of view, you only have to go back to World War II to look at the plethora of films where the Japanese or the Germans were the villians. I can recall several films about the Korean conflict. And of course Viet Nam provided us with many films with the Viet Cong as the bad guys.

I feel as far as Hollywood and the movie industry are concerned, Arabs are simply the enemy du jour......................??
0 Replies

Maximos1984

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 04:19 pm
exactly
as u can see people there's a Fatwa From Islamic leaders that states thier position which is against the terrorism act ... anyway we don't care about it that much what we care about is that there's innocent lives had been killed as well as the happennings in iraq i'm asking again if arabs are terroists and do thier evil attacks against west then what the hell is goin on in iraq ..an average of 50 people killed daily in iraq ... what do u call that?
0 Replies

Maximos1984

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 04:21 pm
exactly
rodeman wrote:
Maximos:
From a strictly Hollywood point of view, you only have to go back to World War II to look at the plethora of films where the Japanese or the Germans were the villians. I can recall several films about the Korean conflict. And of course Viet Nam provided us with many films with the Viet Cong as the bad guys.

I feel as far as Hollywood and the movie industry are concerned, Arabs are simply the enemy du jour......................??

exactly but the problem is it's not just hollywood it's the whole world aginst us and it's related politically now!
0 Replies

Maximos1984

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 04:25 pm
no
gungasnake wrote:

Sharks are one thing (you have to go in the water to be killed by a shark), but crocodiles come up on land and kill people. At some point, if enough people get killed by crocodiles, the army corps of engineers comes in and drains the river.

At some point, Islam is probably going to have to be banned in western nations which do not want to be placed under sharia law. I am advising friends who have muslim friends and family relations that there will never be a beter time than now for them to find some other religion.

not exactly if u follow the holly quraan u won't hurt a fly .. but as i said those terrorists are damned by the god and thier destiny is hell for killing innocents!
get it?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 04:38 pm
Re: no
Maximos1984 wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

not exactly if u follow the holly quraan u won't hurt a fly .. but as i said those terrorists are damned by the god and thier destiny is hell for killing innocents!
get it?

If that is so then how do you explain the preaching of Jihad? It is talked about a lot and is mentioned many times by Muhammad.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2005 04:50 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
There you go Bella, just for you:-

UK MUSLIMS ISSUE BOMBINGS FATWA.

http://wikiproxy.whitelabel.org/index.php?url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4694441.stm

"British Muslims have condemned the London bomb atrocity.

More than 500 British Muslim religious leaders and scholars have issued a fatwa in response to the London bombs.
The religious decree expresses condolences to the families of the victims of the atrocity and wishes the injured a speedy recovery.

It states Islam condemns the use of violence and the destruction of innocent lives and says suicide bombings are "vehemently prohibited".

The formal legal opinion was issued by the British Muslim Forum at Parliament.

Prayer for peace

More than 50 Muslim religious leaders from around the UK stood together outside the Houses of Parliament to hear the fatwa read out.

We pray for the defeat of extremism and terrorism in the world

British Muslim Forum

Gul Mohammad, secretary general of the BMF, quoted the Koran saying: "Whoever kills a human being ... then it is as though he has killed all mankind; and whoever saves a human life it is as though he had saved all mankind."

He went on: "Islam's position is clear and unequivocal: murder of one soul is the murder of the whole of humanity; he who shows no respect for human life is an enemy of humanity.

"We pray for the defeat of extremism and terrorism in the world.

"We pray for the peace, security and harmony to triumph in multicultural Great Britain."

Separate statement

The BMF is an umbrella group launched in March 2005 with nearly 300 mosques affiliated to it.

The fatwa will be read out in mosques across the country on 22 July.

On Friday, a separate public statement was made by more than 40 Islamic leaders and scholars at a meeting at London's Islamic Cultural Centre, organised by the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB).

That declaration also denounces the suicide bombings. "
Lord Ellpus to the rescue! Very Happy From the depths of the humor threads.Whata pal
0 Replies

Maximos1984

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 01:34 am
jihad is something else
Baldimo wrote:
Maximos1984 wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

get it?

If that is so then how do you explain the preaching of Jihad? It is talked about a lot and is mentioned many times by Muhammad.

jihad is somethin else buddy , jihad is like serving ur country for defence and defend ur religon and ourselves from anyone trying to harm us , and jihad which our prophet mohammed told us about and all the stories about it and all the battles was a selfdefence and muslims did not start the war , it's somethin like a killer walks into ur home and trying tokill u and attack ur family what would u do? stand up and watch ? i don't think so that's the time for al-jihad!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 04:03 am
Re: no
Baldimo wrote:
Maximos1984 wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

get it?

In a way, it's a bit like when all those Christians started calling for crusades. Both the Bible and the Koran have their nasty parts, bits that call for the murder of this or that or document the slaughter of this or that.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 06:25 am
Re: jihad is something else
Maximos1984 wrote:

jihad is somethin else buddy , jihad is like serving ur country for defence and defend ur religon and ourselves from anyone trying to harm us , and jihad which our prophet mohammed told us about and all the stories about it and all the battles was a selfdefence and muslims did not start the war , it's somethin like a killer walks into ur home and trying tokill u and attack ur family what would u do? stand up and watch ? i don't think so that's the time for al-jihad!

Problem is, too many slammites view anybody who does not submit as having "broken into your house" and posing a threat. Far as I'm concerned, I-slam and slammites ARE the threat.

Again my advice to anybody following this patently false religion and living in a western country: there will never be a better day than today to find another (and a real) religion for yourself.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 06:34 am
People like this guy do not help the Arab cause...

CAIRO, Egypt (CNN) -- The father of one of the hijackers who commandeered the first plane that crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, praised the recent terror attacks in London and said many more would follow.

Speaking to CNN producer Ayman Mohyeldin Tuesday in his apartment in the upper-middle-class Cairo suburb of Giza, Mohamed el-Amir said he would like to see more attacks like the July 7 bombings of three London subway trains and a bus that killed 52 people, plus the four bombers.

Displayed prominently in the apartment were pictures of el-Amir's son, Mohamed Atta, the man who is believed to have piloted American Airlines Flight 11 into the north tower of the World Trade Center as part of the attacks on the United States.

El-Amir said the attacks in the United States and the July 7 attacks in London were the beginning of what would be a 50-year religious war, in which there would be many more fighters like his son.

He declared that terror cells around the world were a "nuclear bomb that has now been activated and is ticking."

The man, who gave his age as "at least 70," said he had no sorrow for what happened in London, and said there was a double standard in the way the world viewed the victims in London and victims in the Islamic world.

Cursing in Arabic, el-Amir also denounced Arab leaders and Muslims who condemned the London attacks as being traitors and non-Muslims.

He passionately vowed that he would do anything within his power to encourage more attacks.

When asked if he would allow a CNN crew to videotape another interview with him, el-Amir said he would give his permission -- for a price of $5,000.

That money, he said, would not be kept for himself, but would be donated to someone to carry out another terror attack.

El-Amir said that $5,000 was about how much it would cost to finance another attack in London.

It is CNN policy not to pay people for interviews.

A lawyer by trade, el-Amir had a sign on his apartment door saying he was a consultant.

The security guard for the apartment building said el-Amir had been under surveillance by Egyptian agents for several months after the September 11 attacks, but no one had been watching him recently.

source
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 09:38 am
Well, it's hard to say anything good about the radical and reactionary elements of any religion, Islamic or Christian or any other. We've got our share of fruitcakes too, one of which is in a high office and restrained only by the Constitution.

However, any mass religion when sanctioned by the government has the potential to become dangerous.
0 Replies

shortncute11185

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 03:21 pm
We are ALL human beings, so we should all be treated equal no matter if we're Arab or not. The ones that are making a bad name for the Arabs in general are the ones who are causing all these problems and they don't represent the Islamic ideal at all. I think the media today has brainwashed us into believing that the Arab people are all troublemakers yet they never discuss what positive contributions the Arab people have made to human society. I shun today's media because of all the stereotypes they make about people just for practicing a different religion.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 03:30 pm
shortncute11185 wrote:
We are ALL human beings, so we should all be treated equal no matter if we're Arab or not. The ones that are making a bad name for the Arabs in general are the ones who are causing all these problems and they don't represent the Islamic ideal at all. I think the media today has brainwashed us into believing that the Arab people are all troublemakers yet they never discuss what positive contributions the Arab people have made to human society. I shun today's media because of all the stereotypes they make about people just for practicing a different religion.

Do you feel the same way about Christians? The left always defending the Muslims while putting their foot in the back of the Christians.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 03:39 pm
Baldimo wrote:
shortncute11185 wrote:

Do you feel the same way about Christians? The left always defending the Muslims while putting their foot in the back of the Christians.
Thats a good one.Has me thinking.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 02:38 am
Maximos wrote:
i'm asking again if arabs are terroists and do thier evil attacks against west then what the hell is goin on in iraq ..an average of 50 people killed daily in iraq ... what do u call that?

By the benevolence of Bush and his administration, that is called "better you and not us." You see, Bush and co. has made Iraq the front in his war on terror so that the US wouldn't have to be the front. It's better that Iraqis get killed by terrorists than Americans. We got rid of Saddam for you, now this is the price you have to pay.

I'm sorry, Maximos.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 03:39 am
InfraBlue wrote:
Maximos wrote:
i'm asking again if arabs are terroists and do thier evil attacks against west then what the hell is goin on in iraq ..an average of 50 people killed daily in iraq ... what do u call that?

By the benevolence of Bush and his administration, that is called "better you and not us." You see, Bush and co. has made Iraq the front in his war on terror so that the US wouldn't have to be the front. It's better that Iraqis get killed by terrorists than Americans. We got rid of Saddam for you, now this is the price you have to pay.

I'm sorry, Maximos.
Max, you have to allow people to be what they allow themselves to be.We both know the truth and so does God.I've been arguing with these people since before the war.They can't see.there blind.There information is either wrong or made up.They have no conscious.their logic and reason is infected.Instead it is for us to be humane to eachother and toss these people aside.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 03:42 am
Baldimo wrote:
shortncute11185 wrote:

Rubbish. What about the Christian left? Are you saying they put their foot in their own backs?
0 Replies