Covid Vaccine Informal Poll and Drinking Society

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 3 May, 2021 07:57 am
I wrote:
not sure if it was the technique used, or the placement, but the jab itself was a bit more painful than a standard flu shot...
jab #2.

this time it felt exactly like a flu shot, not even a pinch...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 05:17 am

feeling a little under the weather this morning...
snood

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 05:50 am
@Region Philbis,
Uh oh. Keep us posted.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 01:45 pm
@snood,

after b'fast i crawled back into bed.

after lunch and a hot shower, feeling more like myself again...
Linkat

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 01:51 pm
anyone know any more about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine? I can get it at CVS - they actually show you which stores near you have available appointments and which vaccines you can sign up for.

I thought it would be easier to just go once and also thought the same for my daughter as she qualifies now.

I know they had potential issues - but not sure what the actual outcome was of that.
snood

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 02:01 pm
@Linkat,
I think a tiny fraction of the people who got the vaccine got some blood clots. That’s all I heard so far.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 02:19 pm
@Linkat,
Both my husband and I got the Johnson and Johnson. I didn't have any aches or pains, but I did get very tired for about 3 days. Honestly though, the fatigue might be attributable to a recent change in medication.....
chai2

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 02:42 pm
@glitterbag,
Serious question glitterbag.

Why did you (or anyone) choose something with a 66% efficacy rate over 94% for Moderna?

That's an enormous difference

Was J&J all that was available to you?
snood

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 02:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Was it because it was a one shot deal?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 03:47 pm
@chai2,
My primary physician told me to sign up for whatever was available. I didn't even know I was getting the J & J until the day before my appt. My husband was signed up for something else, but when he arrived for his appointment he learned it was changed to the J&J.

One of the most compelling reasons for me was that during my last surgery, the surgeon ran into complications and had to remove my spleen.........that's not good for the immune system and required me to be revaccinated for a ton of things. I was about to receive a second round of vaccinations right after the stay home orders came out. So now I'm a year behind, and I may gave to start all over again with the vaccines. In other words, I am high risk for all sorts of infections and my immune system is not equipped to fight. I also figure since the hospitals are slammed, I don't want to go near a hospital and just hope and pray I don't break a bone during this pandemic.

We couldn't even get appts until April, so I didn't feel I was in a position to be choosy. Even if I wanted to pick my vaccine, none of the points providing inoculations offered or even had several to pick from.

And of course there was the desire to get out of isolation. We hadn't been able to see our grand daughter for over a year, when our son dropped over he would only stay for 15 minutes and would wear a mask the entire time. So neither mr. G'bag or I have been able to hug our kids and granddaughter for over a year, and to add salt to the wound, our dog died 5 months ago and we have been missing her like crazy.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 03:49 pm
@snood,
I'm not sure if you're making a joke or not, but that one shot idea made me laugh.

Honestly, we weren't given a choice of vaccines, but being a 'one shot' is a relief.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 03:54 pm
@lmur,
Same as that Imur. In my fifties and got my first jab last Fri 30th Apr. Pfizer.
Haven't grown a tail....yet.
Getting my second one on the 23rd May, Happy days.
lmur

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 04:14 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Excellent!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 04:33 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I'm not sure if you're making a joke or not, but that one shot idea made me laugh.

Honestly, we weren't given a choice of vaccines, but being a 'one shot' is a relief.

No, I wasn’t trying to be funny. I’ve heard some people are relieved to be able to get it over with in one trip.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 4 May, 2021 04:48 pm
@snood,
I have to admit it does feel good to get it over with for the time being. Mr. GB suspects we may need additional vaccine as the research on this virus moves forward. But that's just a guess and we are flexible. Over on Facebook I stay in touch with a lot of former c0-workers who are in the same age group so we followed their stories on the vaccine for info. One of the things that stuck out for me was that so many of these people talked about the massive relief they felt once they were vaccinated, have to say I felt the same way. It may not be all the protection we need, but for now it's a good start.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 03:26 am
I wouldn't say that I was exactly "disappointed" because it always seemed unlikely, but apparently the anti-vaxxers and government-hating MAGAtards have pretty much made general immunity impossible to achieve. (To be scrupulously fair, low vaccination rates in other countries probably would have kept us from hitting this goal as well. ) So it will be variants, boosters, and maybe even occasional shutdowns as we plod wearily into a virus-ridden, plastic-poisoned, climate-challenged future.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 02:40 pm
@Region Philbis,
good to hear
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 02:46 pm
@roger,
It's all about supply eh. We don't make any of the vaccines so depend on when stuff arrives. Apparently enough for about 5x the population was ordered, now we need it to get here.

Latest talk is that 3 shots may be needed this year , plus annual boosters. Yuck.
farmerman

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 03:13 pm
@ehBeth,
if you read that on the internet its gotta be true.
farmerman

Reply Wed 5 May, 2021 03:15 pm
@hightor,
in a biotech pop news, it was discussed that tweaking vaccines for mutational variants isnt a problem,. the real problems are in production snd distribution