Covid Vaccine Informal Poll and Drinking Society

BillRM

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2021 08:15 pm
@cherrie,
I was replying to this part of the posting.

Quote:
The US really should start sharing vaccines with our friends and allies. I think it's wrong for the last American to be vaccinated before the first Canadian is vaccinated.
Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 09:59 am
@BillRM,
The US is sending vaccines overseas - they are particularly targeting India that has recently seen a surge - in addition the US is sending medical supplies to help India.

"The United States will share up to 60 million doses of the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine with other countries, the White House said Monday.."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/u-s-share-60-million-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-doses-other-n1265398
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 10:21 am
@snood,
Quote:
My whole point was that wearing masks probably decreased the amount of flu transmission, and studies back that up.

Cleaning and disinfecting and staying home probably ALSO helped, but wearing masks was the MAIN FACTOR.

Why in the hell do you have a problem digesting that?

Because the Harvard study (link you provided) included distancing equally with masks. I am not dancing - I quoted specifically from your own source.

Quote:
My whole point was that wearing masks probably decreased the amount of flu transmission, and studies back that up.

But that is not what the source you provided said. It said that distancing and mask wearing. I am concluding the same as what YOU provided. And logically if you are not near anyone else whether you wear a mask or not will not change the result. I would venture to guess that is what the Harvard article is meaning. I mean tell me how I would more likely catch the flu if I was far away from anyone else during flu season - and did not wear vs you wearing a mask in your house?

I do not understand why you are so angry as I took this directly from your source.

I had also agreed that once things return a bit more to business as usual - we won't be socially distancing and in that circumstance masking would help, however, it is not the end all be all as flu viruses (not covid) does exist and live on hard surfaces. So yes masks (as I stated before) would help - but it does not mean we would be as low numbers as you see now as the flu is transmitted in other ways.

Sorry but it appeared as if you were you stating that masks were the most important aspect of the lower numbers of the flu - which was not the case - the Harvard reference you gave - stated distancing was equally responsible for the lower numbers. So you either believe what this Harvard study /opinion is stating or you don't.

If you believe that masking was the main factor then you believe it - but it was not supported by this particular article. I am not dancing - I am actually just restating what this article stated. The only thing I added is that the flu is actually spread through hard surfaces as well.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 04:09 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Time to serve another round of drinks.

I will take a double of whatever you are having.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2021 04:30 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Time to serve another round of drinks.

I don’t even drink, but give me a double of anything.🥴
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 04:24 pm
I had chills, muscle aches and a general feeling of being agitated after my first shot of Pfizer. My sister in law had similar symptoms. It lasted a single day only.

Did anyone else experience this? I haven't had my second dose yet, I am planning to take a day off.
roger

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 04:27 pm
@maxdancona,
I had no adverse reaction to either Pfizer shot.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 05:10 pm
@maxdancona,
RP and I both had Pfizer. Just some pain in the arm (me). I don't think he had anything. I hope jab #2 is easier for you.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 05:32 pm
@jespah,

just a sore shoulder.

not sure if it was the technique used, or the placement, but the jab itself was a bit more painful than a standard flu shot...
roger

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 05:36 pm
@Region Philbis,
My thought is that it was the injectionist. As I may have mentioned, both mine were absolutely painless. I did notice the presence of uniformed Army medics all over the place, and one of them did do the final injection. Except at reception center, they can be very good at this stuff. Reception center is nothing but recruits that the medics will never see again.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 07:32 pm
@jespah,
I could definitely manage an adult bevvie. Given how cold it is right now - the raccoon onesie is saving me this very moment - I think I'll go for a nice mudslide to go with the roasted cheese we're having.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a51116/mudslide-hot-chocolate-recipe/
ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 07:34 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm hoping to get a second jab before it is tropical drink time.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 07:36 pm
@roger,
I don't think that it is the injectionist's fault. I think there is a reaction, some people's bodies react to the vaccine.

I read that 5% of people have (fairly minor) adverse reactions. I think it is just a biological roll of the dice. One of my co-workers was complaining too (and took a day off due to the vaccine).
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 09:35 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I'm hoping to get a second jab before it is tropical drink time.

Have you been scheduled for your second injection?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 09:54 pm
@glitterbag,
We've been told that it will be roughly 14 weeks from the first jab, but the pharmacist I saw said he hoped it would be more like 6 - 8 weeks. Not sure what to hope for. Superhappy I slid in with #1, as there are huge lineups again with people sleeping outside overnight hoping to get appointments for their first shot.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 10:29 pm
@ehBeth,
I'll PM you later.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 10:51 pm
@ehBeth,
You sure know how to make New Mexico look organized.
chai2

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 11:42 pm
Got my 2nd dose yesterday. It was a drive up.

I was supposed to wait 30 minutes instead of 15 because I'm allergic to something.

A medic came up to my car after 17 minutes, and said that if I felt fine, I could go.

I said ok, if you think that's alright.

He said, yeah, it takes the chip 15 minutes to activate the 5G, so you're good. Very Happy
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 1 May, 2021 02:29 pm
My second shot was on the fifth of April. After the first shot, I got a sore shoulder and slept more than usual. After the second, I just felt soreness in the shoulder, the same one used for the first dose, and a small hardish bump.

I think I can see dead people now.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sat 1 May, 2021 03:10 pm
@jespah,
First jab yesterday. Pfizer. No side effects to report. Second scheduled for four weeks time.

The rollout here (Ireland) has been very slow but is now picking up pace. It's being done on an 'oldest first' basis and currently those aged 60-64 are being vaccinated. Registration for 40-59 year olds will start in the coming days. I'm 'only' 54 but was lucky to get a call from my GP who had received a batch. I really don't know why I got preferential treatment but didn't ask and don't feel particularly guilty. Looking forward to hugging my 83 year old mother in 6 weeks or so! If she'll let me.