Covid Vaccine Informal Poll and Drinking Society

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 03:21 pm
@mommabear,
Elsewhere, please. Appreciate you asking, thank you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 08:05 pm
@Joeblow,
That's encouraging. I'd finally come around to Pfizer, and got a call telling me the next delivery at my sdm should be Friday, so they'll call back when it arrives to book. Don't want to miss too much pool time, so there'd better only be a headache type reaction. Hamburgboy got his second jab yesterday and sounded peppy tonight . On top of his physio prescribed exercises, he joined the residence chaircercise group today. Go man go!
roger

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 08:59 pm
@ehBeth,
I wish he were still posting. I liked his presentation, especially on economics.
Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2021 06:39 pm
Coming to see you Mame...hear that fully vaccinated can come into Canada come mid-August
ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 08:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Had my Pfizer jab a few weeks ago now. It's a two vaccine summer for me ! Outdoor pool is open at about 1/3 capacity with masking protocols when inside associated building and while in line. Contact tracing continues which is good.

A bit anxious about possible border reopening announced early today. Since then the feds have stepped back a bit as several provinces are not on board with the plan.

Be safe and healthy everyone.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 08:11 pm
@roger,
If he can ever get cataract surgery sorted, I hope I can coax him back in. He's still awesome sharp.
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 08:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Here in the US at least there are surgical centers that specialize only in eye surgery all day long.

When I had my cataract surgeries, the doctor tried to schedule me to have them done at my local rural hospital. I refused and insisted that they be done in a city at one of these specialized eye surgery centers.

As long as everything goes well it should make no difference. But if there are complications it is good for your surgical team to have as much experience as possible.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 09:08 pm
@oralloy,
Hamburgboy was set for the assessment at a good clinic when there were walker complications. Hopefully that stays sorted and he can get a new sppointmeñt soonish. It's not a lot of fun being in his 90s with vision, hearing, and now, mobility problems. A phone flasher, cataract surgery and a resumption of his exercise groups will hopefully help.
Borat Sister

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2021 12:28 am
@ehBeth,
Wishing him well
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 01:46 am
I finally had my first Astrazeneca shot today. So far so good with no side effects yet but apparently that can take a couple of days.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 04:08 am
@cherrie,
I had sneezing fits a few days after mine.

About four hours worth of sneezing.
cherrie

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 05:17 am
@izzythepush,
Well that's something to look forward to.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2021 05:33 am
@cherrie,
God Bless.
cherrie

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2021 02:54 am
@izzythepush,
Your 4 hours of sneezing is looking pretty good right now. I was fine when I went to bed last night but woke up about 3am very hot but freezing and shivering at the same time. I eventually managed to get back to sleep but woke up a few more times feeling terrible.

I ended up sleeping until about 10 then spent the rest of the day lying on the couch wrapped in a blanket. I'm so tired and aching everywhere, it actually feels like the flu. And my arm feels like someone hit me with a brick.

Hopefully tonight will be better.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2021 03:19 am
@cherrie,
I’m sorry to hear that.

You take care.

In our house half of us had Astra Zeneka, and half had Pfizer. Only the ones who had the Pfizer had a sore arm.

You look after yourself.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2021 03:57 am
@izzythepush,
I noticed my first. Astra Zeneca, a bit the next morning. Second was BioNTech (Pfizer), which In only noticed due to the plaster.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2021 06:03 am
Volunteers helping the clean up after the floods in Germany have been insulted and "pelted with garbage" during their work, the Federal Relief Agency (THW) revealed on Saturday.
Behind the attacks are members of the "Querdenker" (Lateral Thinker) group, which has staged numerous anti-lockdown protests and spread conspiracy theories about the pandemic.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 10:36 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Coming to see you Mame...hear that fully vaccinated can come into Canada come mid-August

Something to look forward to, Linkat Smile Yes, I believe Aug 9 is the open-season date.

I had my first Moderna in April - headache the day after (I never get headaches), and my second Moderna in May before I went to BC to help my mother move into her new home. I heard there might be trouble boarding the BC Ferry but there was no issue and I did have my vaccine paper with me. My jab shoulder was hot to the touch, but otherwise no problems. Moderna was what our pharmacist had on hand and I was pleased with that.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 10:57 am
One thing I noticed in my own informal poll - it seems the youngsters are getting more sick than the old folks (or at least older) - my daughter had to call in sick after her second shot; her arm was just painful after the first.

I went with her - and I did not get sick at all. Although after my first shot my arm hurt too. It also would hurt on and off for weeks after and even days before the second shot. But miraculously after the second shot I no longer had any pain. I think the pain was in my head in anticipation of the second shot.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2021 09:28 am
My state, North Rhine-Westphalia, today announced that they refrain from tougher measures with higher case numbers.
On the one hand sensible, on the other hand a clear sign that the German/state's Corona policy is on the verge of failure.
0 Replies