Rapture of the Church

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 08:46 am
Laughing I loved Johnny Rebel on Branded!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 10:44 am
Quote:
It seems to me, the "non-believers" are the ones that are sharing negativity and no hope. And that is just my opinion. One atheist does come to mind, Madeline Murray O'Hare. Seems to me, all she did was display the kind of behavior that would make me WANT to believe because God forbid, I would ever feel as hateful, miserable, and hopeless as she seemed to be.

Momma- IMO, lumping atheists with Madalyn Murray O'Hare would be like using Jim Baker as a prime example of a Christian.

I think that the problem with many people of a devout religious persuasion, is that they have not evolved beyond a tribal mentality. I choose to evaluate people as individuals, no matter what their beliefs.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 10:48 am
Phoenix,

Basing an opinion of one on and one to one is great with me!

And, you proved my point. It just seems to me that is what was going on here!

Kisses!
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 10:38 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
It seems to me, the "non-believers" are the ones that are sharing negativity and no hope. And that is just my opinion. One atheist does come to mind, Madeline Murray O'Hare. Seems to me, all she did was display the kind of behavior that would make me WANT to believe because God forbid, I would ever feel as hateful, miserable, and hopeless as she seemed to be.

Momma- IMO, lumping atheists with Madalyn Murray O'Hare would be like using Jim Baker as a prime example of a Christian.

I think that the problem with many people of a devout religious persuasion, is that they have not evolved beyond a tribal mentality. I choose to evaluate people as individuals, no matter what their beliefs.

Hi Phoenix,

I understand your point. Atheists do not want to be perceived as "O'Hares" anymore than Christians want to be perceived as "Bakkers".

Neither group wants to be broadbrushed as resembling either of these examples.

I'm sure you would also agree that religious people are not the only ones who can display a tribal mentality. It is important for religious as well as non-religious folks not to broadbrush the "other side" and fail to understand that there are people at every gradation in between on the spectrum of belief.

(And to complicate it further, they are not static in their beliefs but moving, all the time, in all directions.

There are non believers becoming more steadfast in their non belief and there are non believers who are moving sometimes quickly, sometimes ever so slowly toward belief.

Likewise there are believers who are becoming more steadfast in their belief and there are believers who are moving sometimes quickly, sometimes ever so slowly toward non belief. )

That is why I agree with you. A person has to be met and known as an individual, not just part of "that group" because you don't know what his beliefs are, where they were yesterday or where they will be tomorrow.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 10:52 pm
Real Life,

I salute you, oh great mentor of mine! Laughing
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 11:39 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Real Life,

I salute you, oh great mentor of mine! Laughing

You are much too kind, Momma. You exemplify a Christlike attitude that will say more than any argument can.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 21 Jul, 2005 11:40 pm
Embarrassed

I am blushing because to me, that is such a huge compliment!
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 03:54 am
As I understand it the rapture is when christians will be taken up into the air to meet with Christ. The general opinion seems to be that this is an event that will take place in the future. Sometimes it seems to me that we are in the rapture, at least many people facing near death experiences describe exactly that happening- their spirit floats up from their body where they eventually meet with a figure of someone. They aren't sure who it is, some say an angel, some say God, some say Jesus. Could be the rapture is what happens to believers after they die.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 04:13 am
Well, who knows what the rapture will really be like? It says we will meet Christ in the clouds.

And, please, just for your sake, remember there are all types of Christians, as there are with all types of other faiths. I have even heard of some Christians not believing in the rapture.

I firmly believe that Christ is going to be coming soon. The prophecies in the Bible point that out very clearly.

Now, as far as near death experience goes, I am afraid I couldn't comment because I have never experienced that myself.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:01 pm
auroreII wrote:
As I understand it the rapture is when christians will be taken up into the air to meet with Christ. The general opinion seems to be that this is an event that will take place in the future. Sometimes it seems to me that we are in the rapture, at least many people facing near death experiences describe exactly that happening- their spirit floats up from their body where they eventually meet with a figure of someone. They aren't sure who it is, some say an angel, some say God, some say Jesus. Could be the rapture is what happens to believers after they die.

Yes the rapture refers to the end of the Age when Christ returns to gather Christians to Himself. It is the "harvest".

Believers of all generations will be brought before God and that day will be the end of human history as we know it. It is spoken of by Christ as the "last day" when He will resurrect those believers who have died in order that they will be with Him.

Christians will be with Christ forever and walk with God as Adam did.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 10:17 pm
And I can't wait!
0 Replies