Rapture of the Church

fdrhs

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 03:59 pm
What is your view of the doctrine called THE RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH?

Janet
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,402 • Replies: 110
No top replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 04:13 pm
I dont really know Janet but if its something to do with dead people bursting vertically up through their coffins, the wicked condemned to the fires of hell, jews converted to christianity and a REALLY good time for the righteous, then i'm all for it, being exceptionally righteous myself
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 04:20 pm
Just another bit of religious nonsense.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 09:44 pm
Re: Rapture of the Church
mathxyz wrote:

Janet
Another word, like 'trinity' which does not appear in the bible and can be traced back to pagan origins.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 11:30 pm
Re: Rapture of the Church
mathxyz wrote:

Janet

Hi Janet,

Whether we use the word "rapture" or some other word to describe this event is of little consequence. There are many terms that are used in discussing the Bible that are not found in the text of the Bible.

The word means to be caught up. It describes the Lord Jesus' action in I Thes 4 when He returns and catches the believers up into the air to meet Him.

This is it's basic definition and virtually all would agree that this is what it refers to.

Where the two major areas of differences come out are a)whether you do or do not believe this will actually take place at all.

And also b)if you do believe it will take place, the question of when it will take place and what will happen before and after it takes place, has become a topic of much speculation. It is this timing issue and the events prior and after that I am assuming you are asking about.

I am going to guess that you believe it will happen, but want to know what others think about the time and about the surrounding events.

If this is the thrust of your question , let us know so we can proceed. If not, please steer us in the right direction.

(Of course many others will no doubt drop in to give their input, those who do or do not believe it will happen are all equally welcome to speak their mind on the matter.)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 01:52 am
The rapture of the church is something I long for! Once God takes His believers to heaven and the tribulation is ended, Christ will come again!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 07:39 am
Momma Angel wrote
Quote:
The rapture of the church is something I long for! Once God takes His believers to heaven and the tribulation is ended,

Getting rid of the believers will go a long way towards ending the strife and intolerance on earth.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:14 am
au1929 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote
Quote:
The rapture of the church is something I long for! Once God takes His believers to heaven and the tribulation is ended,

Getting rid of the believers will go a long way towards ending the strife and intolerance on earth.

What is the Final Solution you are proposing, Au ?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:16 am
Momma Angel wrote:
The rapture of the church is something I long for! Once God takes His believers to heaven and the tribulation is ended, Christ will come again!
Yeah, but who will be taken away and who will be left?
Solomon wrote:
For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.(Proverbs 2:21,22)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:18 am
real life wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote
Quote:

What is the Final Solution you are proposing, Au ?
You may read about the final solution for religion in Revelation chapters 17 and 18.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:22 am
Life
I say if you want to leave. Leave. And good riddance.

The concept of rapture reminds one of the cult that several years ago were waiting for a comet to carry them away
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:53 am
I am praying for all of you.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 11:45 am
not me surely
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 01:36 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

If people spent their time doing something productive, instead of indulging in infantile wishful thinking, the world might be a much more positive place!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 01:41 pm
I think you need to read the guidelines for this forum. It states specifically: It is not the place to attack others for their specifically held personal beliefs.

So, what part of that DON'T you understand?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:03 pm
I take a great deal of umbrage at supercilliousness and condescension of any sort. For those who know me, (and I have been on this forum from the beginning) know that I have a great deal of respect for someone's right to their own personal beliefs, even though I may not have respect for the belief itself. On the other hand, I have nothing but scorn for people who attempt to foist their beliefs on others, no matter how gently that attempt is couched.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:11 pm
Have I once said, "If you don't believe what I believe then to hell you go?" Have I once said, you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG? Have I once called your beliefs silly, absurd, or any of those $8 words you use?

NO. I have stated what I believe and have asked questions. And for that I get the argument that what I belief is mystical, silly, and God is a "piece of shyt God!"

So, who is trying to force who here?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:17 pm
Quote:
And for that I get the argument that what I belief is mystical, silly, and God is a "piece of shyt God!"

Where did I say that???? Now, if your belief is so strong, nothing that other people say needs to make one whit of difference. Just as people are entitled to believe, others are entitled not to believe, be unsure of what they believe, or don't give a hoot one way or the other.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:25 pm
Momma Angel Wrote
Quote:

If you want to pray for me please pray to the God of my choice.I wouldn't want your prayers to be wasted.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:30 pm
moma you still prayin for me?

please pray for 4 5 26 28 39 41
0 Replies