Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 05:15 pm
Ah, finally, common ground. Laughing
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:52 pm
au1929 wrote:
Momma
I will than put it on the table. Suppose I said I believe Christianity is a false religion and a distortion of Judaism and that you pray to a false idol.
That I am sure would not sit well. Well, neither does being told the bull crap that I will burn in hell if I do not believe as you do. It is an example of the intolerance and arrogance of your religion.

Thank you, Prince Tolerance. Your example is what we all aspire to, I am sure.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:53 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:59 pm
Of course, the very idea of a burning, baking, roasting, toasting hell is a pagan concept not supported by the bible.
0 Replies

fdrhs

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 09:03 pm
hey
Thank you all for your input.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 09:07 pm
Well, I am going to assume that I hit the wrong button or something because I posted three different places in the Bible supporting the concept of hell.

They are:

Matthew 5: 22: ...will be in danger of the fires of hell.
Luke 15:23: ...In hell, where he was in torment...
2 Peter 2:4 ...sent them to hell, putting them...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 09:14 pm
Hell is merely the anglicization of the Hebrew word sheol, mankind's common grave. Ain't no nothin goin on there.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 09:24 pm
Forget it, you're busted! The Bible DOES support the concept of hell. You just aren't willing to admit you may be wrong.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 09:49 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Forget it, you're busted! The Bible DOES support the concept of hell. You just aren't willing to admit you may be wrong.
I answered you in another thread. If you want to continue this discussion, be prepared for an avalanche of proof. The whole concept of a burning hell is pagan and not something a merciful God would inflict on anybody no matter how much we may hate the individual.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:29 pm
An avalanche of proof? Bring it on! But remember, I believe the Bible is God-breathed. So, it's going to be a bit difficult for me to accept contradictory evidence from mere mortal man.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:40 pm
Which translation of the bible do you follow, MommaA?

How do you address the differences in language which have been discovered in the past 10 - 30 years?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 10:44 pm
I read the King James Version; however, I find it particularly hard to read at times so I also use the New International Version. The NIV puts it more in present day language.

And I am not really sure what you mean about the languages? Can you elaborate for me?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 11:15 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
I am praying for all of you.

If people spent their time doing something productive, instead of indulging in infantile wishful thinking, the world might be a much more positive place!

Is this wishful thinking on your part?
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 12:23 am
From a very small book I read years ago that was written in the 1800's, I think named The 13th Apostle.

"Those who look to heaven to save their soul
may keep the path but will not reach the goal.

While those who live in love may wander far
they'll always end up where the blessed are."

What is this "Rapture?" Nobody knows.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 10:04 am
Momma Angel wrote:
An avalanche of proof? Bring it on! But remember, I believe the Bible is God-breathed. So, it's going to be a bit difficult for me to accept contradictory evidence from mere mortal man.
First rumblings of your avalanche posted HERE

I try not to post the exact same thing in different threads and this earlier one seems appropriate.

There is much more to be said on the subject, including, but not limited to, the meanings of the various words translated as "hell".

I anxiously await your response.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 10:54 am
I guess I am not understanding something here. Is what you are asking me Why is there the Rapture if the soul is not immortal?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 08:30 pm
There is no such thing as the rapture.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 08:35 pm
Is that "in your opinion?"
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 08:41 pm
Show me where it is in the bible.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2005 08:52 pm
It is true it does not say "rapture" in the Bible. It speaks of Christ returning to claim his "bride" (his church). It speaks of one being left in the fields and another being taken. It does not say the word rapture. That is a word man has used to describe Christ's taking up of His followers. I am the first to admit the Bible is not written in laymen's language. The King James Version is very hard to read because it is written in the language used in King James time. I find it easier to read the New International Version, as it is written in a manner more closely to today's language.
0 Replies