Rapture of the Church

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:32 pm
I didn't say that you said it. I said that is what I have encountered in this forum.

I have not found it a place to share ideas and express my views. I have found it a place to be ridiculed and laughed at.

And you can justify it anyway you want to. And Au, what you stated is exactly my point. You saying my prayers would be wasted is telling me my God is not God.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:33 pm
You can make fun of me all you want. I have tough skin. I just find it very amusing that everytime I point out something that contradicts what you are saying, or how you are saying it, you tend to ignore it.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:41 pm
i'm not poking fun at you momma
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:43 pm
Momma Angel- I am not belittling you. Don't you realize that by saying that you are praying for all of us, that you are not respecting what WE believe?

Apparently, you are coming from such a religiocentric position, that you find it difficult to to conceive of the idea that there are many good people, living decent, happy, lives, who do not believe as you do.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:49 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

I believe Jesus Christ is the Savior. I following His teachings.

Free will is just that free will. It's your choice, not God's. If it were His choice to make, no one would be lost.

I found this on another thread. Your implication is quite clear. Anyone who does not believe in your God is "lost". I don't think that you attitude shows respect for other people, and that people in this forum are reacting to your obvious smugness.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:51 pm
There you go again! Calling what I believe a religiocentric position! You can't just say, "I don't believe what you believe and this is why?" Isn't that what a discussion is? There are millions who do not believe as I do, there are millions that do. I just share what I believe. And,

As as far as do not believe as you do? I haven't the foggiest what you do believe in. All I have heard is that you don't believe in what I believe in and what I believe in is ?? Use whatever word you want. So by praying, by doing what I believe in, I am not respecting what you believe? So, I shouldn't do it because you don't believe in it? Isn't that saying, I am wrong in my beliefs because it doesn't agree with yours? And why should you give a hoot whether I pray or not?

Ok, Steve. I believe you and appreciate you saying that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:55 pm
Oh boy, do you like to pick apart everything or what? Constantly attacking what I say and I still have no idea what you believe in. And, I AM NOT SMUG! I am passionate about what I believe in. What good would it do to believe in a God that I could not be passionate about? What good would it do to believe in a God that is flawed or has defects, as some have said?

I think you just enjoy the attack and not the discussion. Just an opinion, doesn't mean I am right. That's just my perception.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 02:58 pm
Momma Angel - I have no problem with you praying. If this is what enhances your life, then you should certainly continue to do it. My problem is the your remark that you are praying for all of us, the implication being, as you have so succinctly put it, that the rest of us are "lost".

I think it is very telling that you are becoming upset with my use of language. Would writing in words of one syllable be more agreeable to you????
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 03:04 pm
I am no upset with you because you use big words. I am just trying to get you to understand that you are proposing a double standard here.

This is the way I took it. You don't want me to pray for you because it's against what you believe. But, if I don't pray for you like I believe I should, than that's ok? So, it's ok for me to recognize and respect your belief, but ignore mine? Have I missed something? Is this not what it sounds like?

I pray for everyone. Every human being in this world. Prayer is a gift of kindness in my opinion.

And still, I don't know what you believe in. So, let me ask you outright, what is your concept of God? What do you believe in? What fulfills your life?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 03:15 pm
Momma Angel- Personally, I don't care if you pray for me or not. I just don't like the implication that somehow you are on "the right track", and the rest of us are off the track. I think that attitude is very belittling, and. IMO, that is why you are getting the reactions from people that you are.

When people I know say that they are praying for me, which a number have done in the past, my characteristic response is, "all good wishes gratefully accepted". These people were praying because I was going through a rough time in my life, not because they were attempting to "save" me. And therein lies the difference.

As far as my beliefs go, I believe in reason. IMO, faith and reason are conceptual opposites. I would say that there is no basis for me to believe in a supernatural power of any kind. Actually, If I were not faced, every day, on TV, in newspapers and magazines the effect that religion has on society, the entire concept of religion would be of no concern to me.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 03:24 pm
"In heaven all the interesting people are missing" -Friedrich Nietzsche
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 03:32 pm
Well, there you go. You are taking this "discussion" as I am trying to save you. I can't save you. I am sharing my beliefs, my feelings, and my viewpoints.

And still, you repeat that the words I use are "inappropriate?" And you say nothing of the ones I have pointed out to you that I feel are inappropriate. Why is that?

When I pray for someone, this is what I pray. I pray everyday that every human being on this earth finds one reason to smile today. I pray every human being on this earth finds what it is they are looking for. I pray that every human being on this earth has the willingness to become a better person.

I DO NOT pray like this: God, I think this guy is really lost. If you don't step in he's not gonna make it. So, guess you'd better get out your baseball bat and hit him a time or two so he knows what's going on.

Because of your personal feelings about what I believe, you "assume" that I am condemning you and saying you are going to hell. Stop assuming. All Christians are not alike. All men are not alike. All women are not alike. We are all unique.

It's a discussion. I didn't realize we were trying to change the other person's belief system. Discussion: you share your thoughts without being rude and I share my thoughts without being rude. Discussion.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 03:56 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

When I pray for someone, this is what I pray. I pray everyday that every human being on this earth finds one reason to smile today. I pray every human being on this earth finds what it is they are looking for. I pray that every human being on this earth has the willingness to become a better person.

And there is not a thing wrong with that!

God bless you ((((( Momma Angel ))))) ....... you can pray for me any day!!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 04:09 pm
Why thank you! I am adding you to my personal list of those to pray for. Laughing
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 04:10 pm
If the devout christians are not trying to convert why do they continue to write or infer accept Jesus or you will burn in hell.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 04:13 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Why thank you! I am adding you to my personal list of those to pray for. Laughing

Awesome!!! I can always use it! Smile

Never turns down anyone that wants to pray for me. And feels honored when someone does!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 04:22 pm
It is not the position of devout Christians to condemn anyone to hell. It is our position that we share our testimony with others. If you choose to look at only a small part of the complete picture, then you can't understand the whole concept.

Being a devout Christian, IMO, is sharing what I believe with others. You can neither make someone understand or make them believe. You simply put forth your beliefs and it is then in the hands of the receiver.

God addresses trying to force your beliefs on someone else and He does not condone it in any way. As a matter of fact, if someone tries to force someone to believe and that other person turns further away from God, then God does not look favorably on the person doing the forcing. It is all about love and faith and understanding. It's not about conversion, force, or being right.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 04:48 pm
Momma
I will than put it on the table. Suppose I said I believe Christianity is a false religion and a distortion of Judaism and that you pray to a false idol.
That I am sure would not sit well. Well, neither does being told the bull crap that I will burn in hell if I do not believe as you do. It is an example of the intolerance and arrogance of your religion.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 04:52 pm
Funny, I don't recall saying you were going to burn in hell. All I said was, you don't have all the information.

And well, if you don't believe what I believe, then you don't believe it. Does there have to be a winner here? Can't agree to disagree? I can.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 05:07 pm
Momma
In any discussion about religion and politics there seldom if ever is a "winner". Of course we can agree to disagree.
0 Replies