What Does Sexy Mean To You / Look Like For You?

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 11:18 pm
When I say the word "sexy", what do you think of? It can be something physical (as oftentimes "sexy" is associated with outward appearance), personality trait, body language, etc. It can be for men, women, and anything in between. Simply, I am asking about your first reaction to the word "sexy" and what comes to mind after hearing that word.

glitterbag

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 11:47 pm
@MangoTango323,
Someone who can make me laugh and is able to engage in conversation because he enjoys others. Someone who makes me comfortable and is interesting to talk to.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2021 03:22 am
Big Mac Meal.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2021 07:01 am
To me, sexy looks just like my wife.

(Now I only need to find a way to point her to this site and this post. lol)
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2021 07:01 pm
@MangoTango323,
Someone I can trust and who has the same mindset as me.
0 Replies

bracknelson123

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2021 02:51 am
@MangoTango323,
The word "sexy" doesn't denote only female personality men too can be sexy as it doesn't mean only physical appearance denotes it besides how you dress up, how you make your face up, and how your body language is appearing.
MangoTango323

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 12:16 am
@bracknelson123,
Please, refer back to my original post. I clearly stated that both men and women can be sexy in different ways. I was simply asking what *you* find sexy in either men, women, or anybody in between. Smile
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 05:00 am
A sense of humor, a good complexion, and a nice set of...

...eyes.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 09:08 am
I think the film The Slime People(1962) says it best.

There is a memorable exchange between the hero and heroine.

“When I’m sitting here with you, I don’t even think about slime people.”

He’s one of the lucky ones, I’ve yet to meet someone who can stop me thinking about slime people. It’s all I do.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 12:00 pm
People seem to be equating "sexy" with a long term committed relationship. I disagree.

A woman with a great body and nice breasts in a short skirt and high heels is sexy even if you have know idea who she is.

Any straight man who says otherwise (and hasn't felt the urge to turn and stare) is lying.
hightor

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 01:51 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
A woman with a great body and nice breasts in a short skirt and high heels is sexy even if you have know idea who she is.

Not necessarily. It really depends on individual taste.
Quote:
Any straight man who says otherwise (and hasn't felt the urge to turn and stare) is lying.

Speak for yourself.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 04:11 pm
@hightor,
Are you saying that you never have the urge to turn and look at at the breasts of a sexy woman you don't know?

I think most men, even decent god-fearing faithful men experience this.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 04:20 pm
If you want to know what sexy is, ask an erotic dancer (of any gender or orientation). It is their job to sexually arouse strangers, and they do a very good job (this is an $8 billion industry).

They know the attitude, the little moves, the way to dress or undress, everything to make the customer feel aroused and desired. A good erotic dancer will not only push all of the right buttons, they will make you forget where you are.

From the first sultry eye contact, to the flirty conversation to the actual dance with undressing and contact, a great dancer has an amazing skill. The customer knows it is fake, the customer knows the dancer knows the customer knows... And yet the fantasy is so complete that the customer forgets it all in a time of sexual excitement.

It is a professional art, they learn exactly how to reach their customers and fulfil the fantasy that many of the customers can't get from committed partners.

That is truly sexy.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 07:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Are you saying that you never have the urge to turn and look at at the breasts of a sexy woman you don't know?

You missed the point. And it's right in the header of this thread — What does sexy mean to you / Look like for you? It's expected that people will have different responses to cultural stimuli based on personal experience and social observation, and that people's attitudes, opinions, and behavior are subject to modification and reinterpretation.

While I have no doubt that you are sincere, what you're describing as "sexy" is not how I define the term or use the adjective. Sure, I might ogle a tart on full display — not because she's sexy but because she's a spectacle. I might stare just as intently at some MAGAtard in camo at a local MallWart. Some people don't mind drawing attention to themselves. But I'm not going to have any idea if a woman is "sexy" until I grow to know her over time and shared activities.

So someone can conform to a superficial stereotyped social standard of "sexiness" — it's all advertising and artifice. A bunch of well-worn Hollywood clichés and Madison Avenue tropes have wormed their way into the public imagination. I feel as if I'm being sold a bill of goods so why complete the transaction?

“People will come to love their oppression, to adore the technologies that undo their capacities to think.”

— Aldous Huxley

maxdancona

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 10:22 pm
@hightor,
I think you are missing the point.

I am talking about those times when there is a woman you don't know who you find sexually attractive in a way that causes you to want to turn and look at her.

You seem to be saying that this is her fault; that it is because she is a "tart" and a "spectacle". I don't see it that way.
Real Music

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2021 11:00 pm
family guy scenes - Quagmire's wife

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2021 02:24 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You seem to be saying that this is her fault; that it is because she is a "tart" and a "spectacle".

No, maxdancona, I'm simply saying I don't find that sort of obvious display sexually attractive and that different people respond in varied ways to similar experiences. I certainly never suggested that it was anyone's "fault". That doesn't make sense.
Quote:
I don't see it that way.

Bingo!

That's the point. So let's leave it there. People have different perceptions of human sexual attractiveness. Some people are attracted to the outward display of cultural symbols associated with sexuality and other people tend to ignore such displays as inherently superficial.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2021 03:07 am
I think ‘sexy’ is even more subjective than beauty. While both are definitely “in the eye of the beholder”, there are sort of standard ideas about what is physically attractive. The notion of what moves someone’s personal passion and sexuality seems to be a bit more nebulous and harder to define.

Some of the women that do that for me probably wouldn’t be considered standardly beautiful, I guess. But it’s things like how comfortable they are in their own selves - and how comfortable they can make me feel in mine; if they are funny and think I’m funny- that are sexy to me.

At various times in my life, I seemed to have been attracted to
different physical attributes. Loved a big bust as a young man. In my thirties and forties, I gravitated toward a shapely backside. In my middle age now, I think I look at stuff like attitudes and carriage.

But throughout, I have always wanted more than just a knockout body. It’s still possible for me to find someone who is outwardly attractive to be a total turnoff because of how she treats people.

0 Replies

daryan12s

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 08:59 am
@MangoTango323,
I consider a person sexy if he falls under a certain type. My type is dark-haired, blue-eyed guys with athletic build. In addition to outward signs, I find it very sexy when a guy has a sense of humor and knows how to support various topics of conversation.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2021 11:14 am
I'm with hightor and snood.

Looks don't matter much to me... it's all about the personality of the person. That's what comes through the eyes, and I find eyes to be the most sexy part of the body. They tell you all about the person and what they're feeling. They can twinkle, be warm, laugh without making a sound, etc.

I don't have a particular body type other than not slothful, skeletal or obese. Never cared about height, muscle development, or hair or skin colour.

Personality is sexy!
0 Replies