I am a man with multiple wives and concubines

Linkat

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 11:12 am
@bluestraveller,
bluestraveller wrote:

Hello. I live in Asia. I am a Caucasian guy in his 50's. I have living with me 3 wives and 5 concubines. Why do so many people call me a pervert?

Curious when did you marry these women? How many years ago? And how old are these women you marry?

Polygamy is illegal in Cambodia - so I guess the second and third wife are not truly legal wives --- I understand that many people have multiple "wives" however, it is not legal.
bluestraveller

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 06:09 pm
@Linkat,
see here...... https://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-weekend/have-and-hold-polygamy-kingdom
bluestraveller

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 06:11 pm
@cherrie,
i don't care what you think.
0 Replies

bluestraveller

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 06:12 pm
@cherrie,
" so why would people be calling you a pervert when you're only doing what every other man is doing?"..... it is only westerners that object. No problem at all with locals.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 11:50 pm
@cherrie,
So what do you think Cherrie? Have you heard anyone using the word concubine to describe enslaved women in the 21st century? I mean you can get all medieval fancy pants over vocabulary, but it strikes me as the vainglorious fantasy of a middle aged INCEL who been in quarantine a little too long.
glitterbag

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 11:52 pm
@bluestraveller,
bluestraveller wrote:

maybe you do not not understand asian culture. Is common in this country for a man to have 5-7 wives plus concubines.

Really??? I had a tour in Korea.......but hang on.....are you living in North Korea???? You must be an incredibly important Caucasian to be allowed to post on the internet.
0 Replies

cherrie

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 01:09 am
@glitterbag,
I think concubine is the word you use when you're making some sort of effort to pretend to be polite and politically correct, but we know he really means 'slave'. And despite what he says it's only in fantasy land where one man can keep that number of women completely happy.
glitterbag

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 01:13 am
@cherrie,
hahahahahaha, and they all stay inside the house because all they care about is the comfort of the blowhard. Sure, what woman wouldn't be thrilled? hahahahahahahahaha
bluestraveller

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 01:21 am
@glitterbag,
why do you feel the need to be nasty while hiding behind anonymity?
izzythepush

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 04:54 am
@bluestraveller,
bluestraveller wrote:

Why do so many people call me a pervert?

Because what you call “wives and concubines,” we call livestock.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 07:40 am
@bluestraveller,

Ok so what in that I stated is incorrect? It states in what you posted that polygamy is illegal. It also states that even so, many people engage in it - which is also what I stated. Obviously if it is illegal the second and third wife are not "legal" wives. You may say you are married to them however, this marriage is not legal in Cambodia.

But you still did not answer the questions I asked - curious as to how long you have been married to each of these wives? How old are they?
glitterbag

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 06:30 pm
@bluestraveller,
bluestraveller wrote:

why do you feel the need to be nasty while hiding behind anonymity?

Please, you're hiding behind anonymity, everybody here is anonymous unless they choose otherwise. These statements you make are amusing in an eye rolling fashion and since you can't actually hear the snickers I strive to paint the picture with words.
0 Replies

ascribbler

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 07:11 pm
@bluestraveller,
Quote:
Why do so many people call me a pervert?

You'd need to know the definition of pervert and then, given that so many people call you a pervert, you could ask one of them.

0 Replies

longly1

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 10:41 pm
Regardless of the authenticity of the poster, this brings up an interesting question. Is someone who has multiple wives a pervert, and if the answer is yes, why? Consider this until just a few years ago we considered homosexuality a perversion if we wrong about homosexuality what else could we be wrong about? I am not advocating for polygamy I am advocating for logical analysis. Few subjects should be off-limits.
cherrie

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 11:16 pm
@longly1,
I wouldn't necessarily call him a pervert for having all these wives and concubines.

I just don't believe him.
glitterbag

Tue 9 Mar, 2021 11:28 pm
@cherrie,
I'm with cherrie on that.
Linkat

Wed 10 Mar, 2021 12:54 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I'm with cherrie on that.

Agreed unless of course these wives or concubines were very young then yes he would fit the category of pervert.

0 Replies

bluestraveller

Wed 10 Mar, 2021 06:50 pm
@Linkat,
"curious as to how long you have been married to each of these wives? How old are they?"
Together near 4 years. Youngest 31, oldest 47.
0 Replies

bluestraveller

Wed 10 Mar, 2021 06:55 pm
@cherrie,
"I wouldn't necessarily call him a pervert for having all these wives and concubines.

I just don't believe him."

To me, that sounds like you have envy or jealousy.
0 Replies

bluestraveller

Wed 10 Mar, 2021 06:56 pm
@glitterbag,
"I'm with cherrie on that."

To me, that sounds like you have envy or jealousy.