Sexuality and grief

Calcar1

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2022 05:05 pm
Grief and sexuality? My wife passed away just over 2 years ago, and since then I have struggled with meeting someone new. However, recently I have been attracted to men as well as women?! Is this normal after a loss? I get aroused thinking about sex with both??!!Is it just the grief playing tricks on me or am I actually bi-sexual?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 691 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Mame

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2022 05:25 pm
@Calcar1,
Likely the latter.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2022 07:05 am
@Calcar1,
Your wife passed I am sorry.

My advice is that you do what you feel is right.
Go to a club and get a lap-dance.
Go-Go-Bar
Do some photography
Paint a painting
Go to an event and find people.
Go back to what you was doing before you met her?

Your a man you had one world now enter the next.

As a man we all have our beasts to slay.

Did you ever slay your beast? Your goal in life?
0 Replies

Hi Im M

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2023 05:59 am
@Calcar1,
Dear Calcar

Firstly, I am so sorry for your lost, it is the worst thing imaginable to lose your partner and best friend and the pain it causes is without measure.
After two years it is perfectly natural to feel like you are starting to be ready to move on and meet new people, there is absolutely nothing to feel guilty about, your wife loved you and she would want you to be happy and get back out there.
As for your new attractions, it is also completely normal for a person's tastes to change, to be curious and even to discover new things about yourself. My advice, don't put so much pressure on yourself to label yourself, and when you feel ready, go out and meet new people, start conversations and stay open, if you meet someone you like or are attracted to, and feel comfortable, give yourself permission to see where it goes without worrying so much about gender and what you call yourself.
Getting back out there is never easy, but try and give yourself a break and remember that the best way you can honour your wife's memory is to live a wonderful life, like she no doubt would want you to do.

Sincerely
-M
0 Replies