How come there has never been a month-long observance for Christians?

Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
Just to add: there are several translations of the Bible that are shared by different denominations, including Catholicism.

*Common English Bible - Roman Catholic (Version), Eastern Orthodox (Version), Oriental Orthodox (Version), Anglican, Seven-day Adventist, Mainline Protestant, and Reform Judaism
*Good News Bible - Roman Catholic, Southern Baptist, Presbyterian, and both Orthodox
*Jerusalem Bible - Roman Catholic, Protestant Episcopal, Anglican, and liberal + moderate Protestants
*Modern English Bible (revised version of King James Bible - Eastern and Oriental Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Protestant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Bible_translations
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:38 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay but I don't care about that.
Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
Corrections:
*Tubman did not start the Underground Railroad. It was already established by the time she joined.
*She was a key figure of the network, but she only saved about 70 slaves, out of the likely 100,000 slaves who were saved overall.
Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
You said:
Quote:
Show me in the Christian Bible where Catholics are mentioned.

But you never specified which translation.

Which is why I listed some Bibles that both Christians and Catholics use, to clear things up.
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:47 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. I don't care.
Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:54 pm
@JGoldman10,
What is wrong? Don't want to talk about the Bible all of a sudden?

Here, I'll quote one of my favorite verses, from the Modern English Version Bible, which we can all use including Catholics.
Quote:
1 John 4:12 - No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and His love is perfected in us.
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:56 pm
@Rebelofnj,
No, I don't care what version of the Bible Catholics use. Catholics have their OWN version of the Bible, which they edited and added stuff to.

Don't try to patronize or vilify me.
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:57 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Who cares about translations? Show me in the CHRISTIAN Bible were Catholics are mentioned.
maxdancona

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 09:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Who cares about translations? Show me in the CHRISTIAN Bible were Catholics are mentioned.

All the Christians in the Bible were Catholics. The Christianity that you follow was invented by Americans in the 1800s well after the Bible was written.

Haven't you ever wondered why American Christians don't follow the Bible?
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 09:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
Except the Bible I just quoted from can be used by all Christian denominations, including Catholics.

According to Wikipedia:
Quote:
The Modern English Version (MEV) is an English translation of the Bible begun in 2005 and completed in 2014.[1] The work was edited by Southern Baptist reverend James F. Linzey, and is an update of the King James Version (KJV), re-translated from the Masoretic Text and the Textus Receptus.[2] The ecumenical Committee on Bible Translation is composed of 47 American and English scholars from the three major branches of Christianity: Orthodox, Protestant, and Roman Catholic.[2]

Not to mention, you did previously quoted Ecclesiastes 10:20 from The Message Bible, which is used by Protestants and Catholics.
https://able2know.org/topic/545674-20#post-6984507
https://able2know.org/topic/545674-21#post-6984580
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 09:22 pm
@Rebelofnj,
For the LAST TIME Catholics are NOT CHRISTIANS. I don't care what you say.
maxdancona

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 09:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

For the LAST TIME Catholics are NOT CHRISTIANS. I don't care what you say.

Do you care what JESUS says on the topic?
Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 09:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm only mentioning different translations of the Bible.

Which version of the Christian Bible does your church or family use?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 09:40 pm
@maxdancona,
I believe what Jimmy Swaggart, Francis Swaggart and their Christian colleagues say about Roman Catholicism and other religions.

All the religions and movements mentioned here:

https://www.shopjsm.org/c-73-frances-and-friends.aspx

are CULTS.
0 Replies