How come there has never been a month-long observance for Christians?

Real Music

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 06:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
How come there has never been a month-long observance for Christians?

1. Are you posing this question because you believe we have month-long observances for other religions?

2. If so, Can you tell us what other religions do we have month-long observances for?
JGoldman10

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 06:53 pm
@maxdancona,
Racism is not of God.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 06:55 pm
@maxdancona,
I didn't say ANY of that was good. Don't put words in my mouth. I am saying Christianity PROTECTED the African American slaves.
JGoldman10

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 06:56 pm
@Real Music,
No sir I didn't say that.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 06:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I corrected my post. My dad was a White Jewish man. He was a Christian.

I am not considered Jewish because my MOM is not Jewish. That is what Jewish law dictates.

If you don't believe me ask a Jewish rabbi.

I'm not an idiot. I know how outdated lineage formulas work. My point still remains unchallenged. A person of the Jewish faith can still be antisemitic. And since you don't consider yourself of the Jewish faith, you still (and very likely) are antisemitic.

Quote:
That is what Jewish law dictates.

Not all Jewish sects believe this.
JGoldman10

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
I am a born-again Christian. NOT A JEW. I never practiced Judaism. I never celebrated and/or observed any Jewish holidays and/or festivals.

My African American mother and White Jewish dad did not raise me and my brother to be Jews. We were raised Christian.

I have Jewish friends. I am not anti-Semitic.

Both of my parents were Christians.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I didn't say ANY of that was good. Don't put words in my mouth. I am saying Christianity PROTECTED the African American slaves.

So answer this.

1) If White Christians PROTECTED slavery how does that explain what happened. White Christian pastors used the Bible to defend the practice of slavery. White Christians supported the import and sale of slavery. White Christians owned slaves, murdered slaves, captured slaves and sold slaves.

2) How can you say anyone protected the slaves? They lived miserable short lives filled with torture. They were routinely raped, murdered beaten to death. Those that weren't were worked to death.
maxdancona

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:03 pm
You will notice I am separating "White Christianity" from other forms of Christianity.

White Christianity is racist, violent, angry and hateful. It has always been that way.

I have more respect for real Christianity.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

@maxdancona,
You're missing the point of what I said. Christianity protected the African American slaves from being totally wiped out. Some slaves were killed.
Rebelofnj

@JGoldman10,
Quote:
There is no "White History Month" or a "Men's History Month".

That was a joke.

As for being in the majority, you are a Christian (like 75% of US adults) and a man (in the US where men hold a majority of leadership positions).
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:04 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You're missing the point of what I said. Christianity protected the African American slaves from being totally wiped out.

If the Christian Slave Traders simply left them alone in the first place, they wouldn't have needed to be protected from Christians.

You are saying that Christianity saved the African slaves from Christians. It doesn't make any sense.
JGoldman10

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:06 pm
@maxdancona,
You're from Mexico right?
maxdancona

@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You're from Mexico right?

No. I was born in the USA. I have ancestors who were Puritans who lived in what is now New England in the 1600s.

jespah

@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I'm a Christian .... How am I "in the majority"? What "majority"?...
That's the majority. If you don't believe me, listen to the radio or watch TV during December. The number of songs and films and special TV episodes is heavily larded with Christmas stories. And... nothing else. You can count the number of Jewish-themed holiday songs on two hands.

Adam Sandler's Hanukkah Song - hell, I'll give you all 3 versions
Tom Lehrer's Hanukkah in Santa Monica
Don McLean's Dreidel (technically just about a top but we may as well count it)

If anyone can come up with any others, I defer to you.
Rebelofnj

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I have told some Native Americans that if more Native Americans had embraced Christianity like the African Americans did there would probably be a lot more Native Americans left.

Probably not. Regardless of their faith, they would have been killed by the government and forced to relocate to the West.

Whoever told you otherwise is not an expert in American history.
tsarstepan

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Quote:
I have told some Native Americans that if more Native Americans had embraced Christianity like the African Americans did there would probably be a lot more Native Americans left.

Probably not. Regardless of their faith, they would have been killed by the government and forced to relocate to the West.

Whoever told you otherwise is not an expert in American history.

I really suspect that JGoldman really is from that old-school mentality of "the only good Indian is a dead Indian" but slightly shifted to "the only good Indian is a dead Indian except those who converted to his personal branch of Christianity and those who converted to other forms of Christianity are best buried six feet under ground as well."
JGoldman10

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:13 pm
@jespah,
But African Americans are a minority group in America. I noticed you left my ethnicity out of my quote.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:13 pm
The important question is whether God is an Asshole or not. You are making God into one of the biggest tyrants in the history of human kind killing men women and children to make them submit to White people.

If God is going to kill people... why wouldn't he kill the murderer and rapists who are using His name to commit genocide?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I made that speculation. I didn't get that from anyone else.
JGoldman10

Sun 7 Mar, 2021 07:15 pm
@maxdancona,
If you don't mind me asking, didn't you say you were Mexican in another thread?