How come there has never been a month-long observance for Christians?

Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 06:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
It is not an obscure book. You can found out by reading the Wikipedia article or watching clips and trailers of the film on YouTube.
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 06:55 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I am not interested in anything Narnia-related.
Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 06:55 pm
@JGoldman10,
We all know what you think of Catholicism. You have said this many, many times, both on public forums and in private emails.
Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 06:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
Then why ask about their content?
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
What I think? Jimmy Swaggart Ministries says it's a cult. They go into detail about it in their DVD. They talked about this on Sonlife TV a number of times. That Christian who wrote a book about the truth of Roman Catholicism says it's a cult.

Look at this:

http://www.reachingcatholics.org/signs.html
https://www.amazon.com/Catholicism-Cult-Does-Roman-marks-ebook/dp/B07C1DJ7NB
https://bigthink.com/culture-religion/pagan-roots-of-catholicism?rebelltitem=2#rebelltitem2
https://www.gotquestions.org/catholicism.html

I KNOW Roman Catholicism is a cult. I am not alone on this.
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I want to ask my pastor and my two Christian penpals about Christians combating witchcraft in works of fiction. I want to know what they are going to say about it.

You kind of prompted me to do this.
Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
To repeat: you have said all of this before multiple times. You previously brought up Swaggart's DVD and his website several times as well.

There was no need to mention all of this to me again.
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:28 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I know and I am saying there are OTHER PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH ME.

Did you look at those links I posted?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:31 pm
@JGoldman10,
I noticed Rebel didn't respond to this:

JGoldman10 wrote:

Rebelofnj wrote:

Quote:
I have told some Native Americans that if more Native Americans had embraced Christianity like the African Americans did there would probably be a lot more Native Americans left.

Probably not. Regardless of their faith, they would have been killed by the government and forced to relocate to the West.

So there's no place in the world Native Americans could have gone to take refuge? To avoid being killed and/or persecuted?

If more Native Americans embraced Christianity they could have prayed and the Lord would have revealed to them where to go.
Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I want to ask my pastor and my two Christian penpals about Christians combating witchcraft in works of fiction. I want to know what they are going to say about it.

You could borrow the book from the library, read it, and draw your own conclusions.

The books have plenty of topics for discussion in relation to Christianity, such as the fate of main character Susan and the role of religion in her life.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
I didn't answer because you already answered it yourself, and you are again blaming the victims of the government's relocation efforts for not embracing Christ.
maxdancona

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Roman Catholicism IS NOT CHRISTIANITY.

I don't know how you think Roman Catholicism is not Christianity. They worship Jesus, and they are in the Bible.
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:44 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The Natives who WERE Christians should have prayed and asked the Lord where to go and when they got their answer they should have shared this with the ones who weren't.

A lot more lives could have been spared. This is all hypothetical and as I said I am not an expert on history.
Real Music

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
So there's no place in the world Native Americans could have gone to take refuge? To avoid being killed and/or persecuted?

If more Native Americans embraced Christianity they could have prayed and the Lord would have revealed to them where to go.

Isn't this an oversimplification?
maxdancona

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The Natives who WERE Christians should have prayed and asked the Lord where to go and when they got their answer they should have shared this with the ones who weren't.

A lot more lives could have been spared. This is all hypothetical and as I said I am not an expert on history.

Do you think God is an asshole?

You really aren't showing very much respect for God.
0 Replies

Real Music

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 07:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:

1. oversimplification - an act of excessive simplification; the act of making something seem simpler than it really is

2. oversimplification - a simplification that goes too far (to the point of misrepresentation)

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/oversimplification
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:06 pm
@maxdancona,
NOWHERE in the CHRISTIAN Bible does it say to pray to Mary and ask her to intercede for you.

The Christian Bible says JESUS is Our Intercessor (Romans 8:34) and that the only way to the Father is through Him (John 14:6).

The Catholics venerate Mary. That is form of idolatry and the Christian Bible does not say to do that.

Catholics go to a priest and ask the priest to pardon their sins. The Christian Bible does not say to do that either. Christians are supposed to pray and ask GOD to forgive their sins.

James 5:16 says "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." There is nothing in this passage about going to your pastor and asking him/her to forgive your sins. That is talking about coming clean and admitting what wrongs you did to your fellow Christians and then praying about that. They pray and ask God to forgive their sins.

Catholics believe in purgatory. There is no such animal. Catholics can't even give a clear definition of what purgatory is.

What Catholics do and believe is CULTISH.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:08 pm
@Real Music,
No, Rebel was claiming Natives had no place to go to take refuge.

The Lord would have revealed to Christian Natives where to go to take refuge had they prayed. The Lord would have given them wisdom on this matter.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:18 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

Roman Catholicism IS NOT CHRISTIANITY.

I don't know how you think Roman Catholicism is not Christianity. They worship Jesus, and they are in the Bible.

Show me in the Christian Bible where Catholics are mentioned.
JGoldman10

Mon 8 Mar, 2021 08:21 pm
@Real Music,
Harriet Tubman was a Christian. The Lord led her to start the Underground Railroad and help African American slaves escape to freedom.

The Lord gave her wisdom and revealed to her how to do this.