How come DC and Marvel aren't producing superhero and/or supervillain comics about Covid-19?

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 11:49 am
@Linkat,
Ooops I am wrong Marvel came up with one

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/12/12/nurse-marvel-comic-collaboration-avlon-nr-vpx.cnn

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSCLC84ktRr4trhWjJfFs_00gWolPs7X5iWQ&usqp=CAU
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 12:10 pm
@Linkat,

I know - I mentioned this in the beginning of the thread.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 12:20 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Not to mention, several superheroes are immune and can't be sick.

Are several supervillains immune and can't be sick?
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 12:28 pm
@JGoldman10,
YES

There are several well known villains that cannot be hurt or sick, so famous that I don't need to name them because we all know who they are.

Otherwise, a Google search will provide the answers faster than I can type.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 01:04 pm
@Rebelofnj,
That's what I thought. Thank you. I know of a few supervillians off-hand with healing factors.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 01:13 pm
@Rebelofnj,
DC and/or Marvel could have written books in which heroes and/or villains go back in time to stop the Covid-19 pandemic and crisis at the source. They could have written books in which these characters go back in time to stop the bad guys who killed that Chinese professor who was during research on the biology and physiology of the Covid-19 virus.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 01:14 pm
@Rebelofnj,
There was some classic story from the '90s I recall in which Superman contracted a virus and the rest of the Superman Family (Steel, Superboy and Supergirl) shrink themselves to go inside Superman's body to fight and contain the virus.

It must have been some alien virus.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 01:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
That is more conspiracy theory than actual fact. According to police, the professor was killed due to his involvement with a woman and a jealous ex-boyfriend. He was not killed because of his research as you claim. This was determined back in May 2020.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52568716

Again, the pandemic is not exactly a exciting topic for stories. One can only do so much about writing a COVID story before resorting to stretching the truth or making things up.

Even during the AIDS Epidemic in the 80s, comic book writers didn't write multi-issue story arcs about it. They avoided the topic for the most part.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 01:33 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 02:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Okay.

That's it? No other explanation for why you want a more elaborate story about the pandemic done by DC and Marvel?
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 02:05 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I was just brainstorming possible and potential story ideas.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 02:25 pm
Comics in general rarely deal with current events due to the time it takes to publish a comic.

Not sure why you thought they would write a story about COVID-19.

Even Marvel's 9/11 story in Amazing Spider-Man #36 was deemed non-canon, it interrupted a major Spider-Man storyline (Aunt May finding out Peter is Spider-Man), and it required an emotionally drained creative team to finish the issue before its November 2001 deadline.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 02:26 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Right. People who work for comics publishers have deadlines to meet. I forgot about that.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 02:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
Well duh. Most jobs and schools everywhere requires people to meet deadlines. It is hard to forget something like that.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 02:55 pm
@Rebelofnj,
If you're working independently that's a different story.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 03:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
Even independent creators follow a schedule (monthly, weekly)

I told you this a few times over the years.

This is one of the reasons why I don't help you anymore: you don't remember anything I tell you. I end up repeating obvious advice and solutions to you many times.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 04:22 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Not all creators I know of follow a schedule. I was referring to creators who showcase stuff online.
Did you get the last PM I sent you?

These were the two threads I asked for your help with:

https://able2know.org/topic/555891-1
https://able2know.org/topic/555711-1
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2021 04:43 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Even independent creators follow a schedule (monthly, weekly)

I told you this a few times over the years.

I know you did. Please see my previous post.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 06:47 am
@JGoldman10,
You already got a more than adequate response from a professional photographer on the printer question. You, once again, responded by lashing out when you didn't get the answer you wanted

You're on your own on the voice dub question.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 01:35 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You don't know a lot about printers? Ragman's a photographer NOT a visual artist. How was I "lashing out"? Did you read the answers I was given to the topic question on Yahoo! Answers?

Most people who responded said a laser printer is better. There is nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion and/or getting other opinions.

Do you know anything about comic-related voice dub projects?