When are voices used for comics, aside from making comic dubs?

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2021 06:24 pm
Hi. Usually character voices are created and used for producing animation and video games, radio shows, recordings on tapes and records and other forms of entertainment.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_acting:

"Examples of voice work include animated, off-stage, off-screen or non-visible characters in various works such as feature films, dubbed foreign-language films, animated films, anime, television shows, video games, cartoons, documentaries, commercials, audiobooks, radio dramas and comedies, amusement rides, theater productions, puppet shows and audio games. Voice actors are also heard through pre-recorded and automated announcements that are a part of everyday modern life in areas such as shops, elevators, waiting rooms and public transport. The role of a voice actor may involve singing, most often when playing a fictional character, although a separate performer is sometimes enlisted as the character's singing voice."

I know character voices are used for comic dubs, but for what other types of comics-related projects are voices used besides comic dubs? Projects in which comics are involved?

Aside from comics dubs the only thing I can think of is motion comics.

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,180 • Replies: 10
No top replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2021 07:03 pm
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hi. Usually character voices are created and used for producing animation and video games, radio shows, recordings on tapes and records and other forms of entertainment.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_acting:

"Examples of voice work include animated, off-stage, off-screen or non-visible characters in various works such as feature films, dubbed foreign-language films, animated films, anime, television shows, video games, cartoons, documentaries, commercials, audiobooks, radio dramas and comedies, amusement rides, theater productions, puppet shows and audio games. Voice actors are also heard through pre-recorded and automated announcements that are a part of everyday modern life in areas such as shops, elevators, waiting rooms and public transport. The role of a voice actor may involve singing, most often when playing a fictional character, although a separate performer is sometimes enlisted as the character's singing voice."

I know character voices are used for comic dubs, but for what other types of comics-related projects are voices used besides comic dubs? Projects in which comics are involved?

Aside from comic dubs the only thing I can think of is motion comics.

-FIXED.

To be clear, I am talking about projects using comics images: comic panels and/or pages, comic stills, etc.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2021 12:02 am
I asked the topic question here:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20210210192051AAPbz4h

These were the answers I was given:

"Radio drama/podcasts based on comic book characters."

"Hard question to answer. Sometimes documentaries or informational videos about comics show comic images and give a voice to them. Oh wait that paragraph covers documentaries. Ok then this is an impossible question to answer. In the '80s DC put out some comics that came with a record that was a dramatized reading."
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2021 06:12 am
Okay. I am game. I am a patient person. Why is no one else responding to this thread? I know there are people here who know a lot more about comics than I do.
Ragman

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2021 09:19 am
@JGoldman10,
Because you’re demanding, very annoying and ask the same questions over and over for years on this site and others.

Hey, you asked!
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2021 09:32 pm
@Ragman,
This is a NEW, RECENT and ORIGINAL question. What are you talking about? This is my first time asking about comics-related projects utilizing voice work.

How am I being "demanding"?

I have only asked this question recently on here and on Yahoo! Answers and on Newgrounds.

If I DO ask the same questions over and over again what is the big deal?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 02:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
Looks like you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 05:45 pm
@izzythepush,
As of the time of the posting of this, it's March 14. Today is Pi Day. What are you talking about? Valentine's Day is February 14. A month ago. I don't celebrate Valentine's Day.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 06:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
Look at the date of your last post on this thread.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 06:31 pm
@izzythepush,
I wasn't even thinking about Valentine's Day. My mother is still stuck in rehab and I couldn't even visit her because the rehab center and nursing facility she's in is still closed to the public.

I just learned recently they stationed her in a local hospital. I hope she is okay.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:09 am
@JGoldman10,
This is another example of a joke shooting straight over your head.

It happens all the time.

My mother died Ed a few years ago and my father isn’t very nice, so don’t try to guilt trip me because you have no sense of humour.

None whatsoever.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When are voices used for comics, aside from making comic dubs?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 04:03:12