How come DC and Marvel aren't producing superhero and/or supervillain comics about Covid-19?

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 02:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
I have repeatedly told you many, many times, on public forums and in private messages, that I'm not in a creative career path.

But for some reason, you have asked me repeatedly (in the past and this week) to help you with art questions that can be answered with Google.

Unless you are actually making substantial progress on your projects, I'm not going to answer anymore art questions.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 05:22 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Actually yes I am. I have have producing art in my spare time, but I don't have a working all-in-one printer. It's a pain in the butt snapping pics of my art with my smartphone and then uploading those photos from my phone to my laptop. If I had an all-in-one printer that works I can avoid all this. I can just the pics from my printer to my laptop.

I am still shopping around for a new printer. I prefer to get a color laser all-in-one.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 06:30 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I was planning on having a lot of art produced and published online last year but my printer conked out on me back in November.

I was going to have a lot of work showcased on DeviantArt and Newgrounds at least.

I only got to showcase TWO pieces of art online last year.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 06:54 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Quote:
But forget vaccines - the world's chief scientists and chief medical experts NEED TO CONCOCT A PHYSICAL CURE for the virus.

Cures are very difficult to produce due to numerous factors (genetics, costs, etc).

That's why we CHRISTIANS are praying. I believe a physical cure WILL be made.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 07:47 pm
@JGoldman10,
Clearly, you still don't understand the complexities in developing a cure.

Many notable diseases and conditions that have affected far more people over a longer period of time have no cures: AIDS, all forms of cancer, polio, smallpox, influenza, ebola virus, bubonic plaque, etc.

Vaccines for polio and smallpox have been effective enough to basically eradicate the diseases in modern times.
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2021 08:49 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Again, that is why we CHRISTIANS are praying.

People shouldn't put limits on what GOD can do.

Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, ..."
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2021 09:00 am
@JGoldman10,
If Christians have been praying all this time, then where are all the cures for the diseases I mentioned?

The Bubonic Plague killed 75-200 million in the 14th century, but there is still no "cure" hundreds of years later other than treating the victims with antibiotics and controlling the rat population.

Even without cures, vaccines and other treatments have worked. Having AIDS/HIV was considered a death sentence in the 80s, but modern medicine has allowed those suffering to live longer and have manageable lives.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2021 01:32 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't know how to answer your question but maybe those people lacked faith.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2021 02:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I don't know how to answer your question but maybe those people lacked faith.

If you're talking about the victims of the Black Death: they indeed had faith.
They attended processions that lasted for days and had thousands of people attending. Some took extreme measures and whipped themselves until they bled, all in the name of God.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-49/black-death-christian-response-third-world-died.html
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2021 02:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
You’re entering the territory of victim blaming, it was this behaviour that got you suspended in the first place.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2021 11:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
Comics Explained: The Morlocks

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 07:42 am
Another Covid related story in this month’s Viz.

Lucky Frank bumps into a scientist giving out free strawberry flavoured vaccines, (Frank’s favourite flavour,) so he has one.

Then the scientist says the sign was a mistake, instead of writing ‘free strawberry flavour Covid vaccines,’ he meant to write ‘Danger, experimental drug that turns human beings into robots.

Frank turns into a robot which he doesn’t think is particularly lucky, but then a new Fulchester variant of the Covid virus emerges which is an absolute bastard.

As Frank is now a robot he can use his laser nipples to zap the viruses out of the air and save Fulchester.

He then turns back into a human and the mayor rewards him with a posh vaccine and caviar.
0 Replies