The aftermath of the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic and crisis

Sun 14 Feb, 2021 12:40 am
Hi. I am curious about this. We all know the Covid-19 pandemic and crisis was a HUGE issue last year in 2020. NOT a great way to start off a new year and decade last year. The pandemic put a HUGE DAMPER on a LOT of things.

How big an issue is the Covid-19 pandemic still? I know it's still an issue - not long ago I received a notice on my phone indicating there were 1,000,000 Covid-19-related deaths reported globally.

I don't know if there is still a crisis but at least the panic surrounding the pandemic has died down somewhat, at least where I live.

Early last year I felt like I was in a bad horror or sci-fi movie when I went out in public.

Certain public facilities at least where I live are STILL on lockdown, closed to the public, or are operating with restricted hours of operation.

I know a vaccine was created. Aside from this are there any OTHER positive developments regarding Covid-19?

What GOOD NEWS regarding Covid-19 does anyone here have to report?

On what scale have things gone back to normal? I have kind of forgotten about the pandemic and crisis, despite having to wear a mask when I go out. I wear one when I am outside out of habit. I wear one when dealing with delivery people and when I go next door to talk to my neighbors.

What GOOD THINGS came about after the pandemic and crisis started? IS there still a crisis? If so, has the pandemic and crisis died down somewhat?

I am kind of happy my nearest local library opened back up to the public again even though it's operating with weird hours of operation.

Please help. Thank you.

hightor

Sun 14 Feb, 2021 06:18 am
Quote:
What GOOD NEWS regarding Covid-19 does anyone here have to report?

It kept Trump from winning a second term.
JGoldman10

Sun 14 Feb, 2021 06:25 am
@hightor,
True. Trump didn't take the pandemic seriously.
hightor

Sun 14 Feb, 2021 07:00 am
@JGoldman10,
I think the pandemic also really awakened us to the reality that our society is more fragile than we realize and that many people are vulnerable to job loss and eviction and are only a step away from poverty. With any luck, the government will study the effects of the big stimulus bills and learn how to direct resources to people more effectively in the future.
Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Sun 14 Feb, 2021 08:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
nope. it's because viruses mutate and when they do animal diseases can sometimes jump to humans. no fictonal deities involved, just simple genetics. which don't give a **** about alleged human sins, or humans for that matter.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Wed 3 Mar, 2021 06:57 pm
I was happy I got to finally go to my nearest local library recently. I have not been there in months and I felt deprived. My most recent experience there kind of sucked though - I felt like I was in a deserted ghost town. I like quiet but the library was TOO quiet.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 5 Mar, 2021 08:23 pm
In case anyone here is interested:

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus

I see a link to this every time I use Yahoo! Answers - it's right on the top of the first page. I just never used it.
0 Replies