COVID by Race

gollum

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 09:47 am
I have read that a greater percentage of African Americans are dying from COVID than the percentage of white people so dying. I assume that is accurate.

However, within a given job category (e.g., assembly line worker at a meat processing plant) do the whites and blacks get sick and die at similar rates?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 775 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

engineer

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 10:00 am
@gollum,
That's going to be a really complicated analysis and I'm not sure that the kind of demographic data you need is available for COVID deaths. What is household wealth, access to healthcare, prevalence of preexisting conditions, ability to social distance, etc.? I don't know that you can separate genetic susceptibility from environmental factors.
gollum

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 11:50 am
@engineer,
engineer-

Thank you.

I thought that it would be simple. Take the records of a given company that has many employees in at least one job position (e.g., assembly line worker at a meat processing plant) with significant numbers of both white and black employees. Compare the number of COVID cases.
tsarstepan

Mon 8 Feb, 2021 06:51 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

engineer-

Thank you.

I thought that it would be simple. Take the records of a given company that has many employees in at least one job position (e.g., assembly line worker at a meat processing plant) with significant numbers of both white and black employees. Compare the number of COVID cases.

Why would someone here do that work for you? Seriously.
0 Replies