Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

goldberg

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 01:12 am
Every publication has its own political preferences. The New Statesman also gravitates toward the Labour left. One of its top-editors used to work for The Economist, which is sympathetic to BLM.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 01:13 am
@Walter Hinteler,
But this article has been published by The Spectator.

https://spectator.us/topic/racism-critical-race-theory/
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 01:15 am
Nobody is posting from the New Statesman and claiming any objectivity.

Or from the Canary for that matter.
goldberg

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 01:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You are right about the author's conservative credentials. It's a conservative magazine; otherwise, this article wouldn't have been published.

That said, I think he is right when he argues that the biggest media outlets in America are controlled by far-left voices; only Fox News is an exception.
goldberg

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 01:24 am
It could be argued that you can't find objectivity in journalism at the moment.
goldberg

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 01:32 am
The Wall Street Journal is also a right-leaning newspaper, particularly its columnists. Sometimes I check out Peggy Noonan's column. She once worked for Bush.
Builder

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 01:42 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Nobody is posting from the New Statesman and claiming any objectivity.

You post from the paedophile-supporting BBC all the time, and claim objectivity.
goldberg

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 01:42 am
I'd venture to say that some conservative journalists' views are commendable. I'm no fan of cancel culture, although I think it would be folly to try to sow the seeds of racial discrimination against black people.

Yet I also blow a gasket when I find video clips that show some surly black folk attacking non-black people; they even rough up old Asian Americans.

MSNBC and CNN are smitten with anti-Trump reporting and BLM; they seldom pay attention to this.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 01:57 am
One of the top editors of the New York Times used to write for the Wall Street Journal. She left the Journal after squealing about the Journal's pro-Trump stance. The funny thing is the Times seems to have become a pro-Biden newspaper. As a result, another well-regarded writer at the Times opted to quit after being heckled by her black colleagues. James Bennet was another victim. Its management decided to "pick the scab" by sacking the journalists refusing to butter up BLM's supporters.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 02:26 am
@goldberg,
You clearly have no conception of what far-left means when you think major american media are far left. Slightly left, some of them; fsr left, no. And don't forget newsmax and OAN, which make fox look mainstream by compsrison.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 02:52 am
There is an article on the BBC website today about the hideous treatment of the indigenous population in Australia.

Indigenous people are twelve times more likely to be incarcerated than whites.

This week marks the 30th anniversary of a landmark enquiry into aboriginal deaths in custody. A series of recommendations were ignored and the situation has got worse.

There are parallels with the death of George Floyd, in 2015 aboriginal man David Dungay was killed by police inhis cell for eating biscuits. He also said “I can’t breath,” just before he died.

That’s the real reason the Qanonce hates the BBC and why it continues to spread lies about it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 03:23 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

It's telling that you are mardy. This is just a forum, not your Newsweak's column called " Far-left Bollocks". Besides, you are not entitled to teach us how to write since you write for a poxy magazine no one wants to read in America.
To make matters worse, far-left nutters writing for your Newsweak are reducing to living in obscurity; one would be hard-pressed to find a big-name journalist still working for Newsweak.

Your Newsweak could consider hiring Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar in a bid to woo Muslim readers. Haaaaa.

By the way, stop talking to me anymore because I don't wanna talk to a prole like you. Eff off!

You are a nutcase, Goldy.

And your comment about me working for Newsweek make as much sense as your comments about the 2020 election being stolen...which means it does not make sense at all.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 03:24 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:

It's hard to imagine that Newsweak's top brass would hire a prole like that prat to write for an American magazine

They must have been brainwashed.

I never worked for Newsweek, Goldy.

How many times does that have to be mentioned in order for you to finally get it?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:27 am
@snood,
Quote:
Hey, I claim my right to random tangents just like everyone else.
Right acknowledged. Also, Chapelle is a genius.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 04:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
Mardy is not a piece of vernacular in common use.

Not in the beautiful South for starters.

It’s exclusively used by gormless Yorkshire idiots.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 05:05 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
It could be argued that you can't find objectivity in journalism at the moment.

Indeed. I am still looking for a reliable source of news.

Raw stories from AP and Reuters and UPI are good of course. But they are best for breaking news type situations. They lack in-depth thinking and analysis.
oralloy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 05:06 am
@goldberg,
goldberg wrote:
The Wall Street Journal is also a right-leaning newspaper, particularly its columnists.

Rupert Murdoch destroyed the WSJ.

I used to think he was an all right guy. Not after that however.
goldberg

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 05:07 am
They are smarter than that headbanger since they know the meaning of mardy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 05:07 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
You post from the paedophile-supporting BBC all the time, and claim objectivity.

No one thinks that the BBC is credible. They have a history of spewing outright lies.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 05:10 am
The BBC is the most trusted news organisation in the World, bound by an actor parliament to be impartial and spread the truth which is why extremists hate it.