@hightor,
Richardson is a treasure.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 05:19 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I expect to see all sorts of backpedalling by these upstanding public servants:

Truly remarkable how these people make so self-evident their working opinions of the intelligence of their voters.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 07:57 am
Quote:
Former Trump Org CFO sentenced for perjury

Less than a year after he was released from jail, former Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg is heading back.

Weisselberg was sentenced Wednesday to five months in New York City's Rikers Island jail complex, in line with a plea agreement reached with prosecutors over perjury he committed in a 2023 civil fraud case.

Weisselberg pleaded guilty in March to two felony counts of perjury. The Manhattan District Attorney's Office said he admitted to giving false testimony regarding the size of former President Donald Trump's triplex apartment in New York during a July deposition.

Prosecutors initially charged Weisselberg with three additional counts of perjury, but their agreement allowed him to avoid pleading guilty to those charges.

One of those initial counts was related to false sworn testimony on May 12, 2023, in a discovery deposition. The other two counts stemmed from Weisselberg's October 10, 2023, testimony in his civil fraud trial, in which he and longtime former boss Donald Trump were found liable for fraud and other related allegations.
(cbsnews)
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 10:46 am
Killing their own cause.
https://www.rawstory.com/pro-palestinian-activists/

Keep in mind, folks. Trump issued an executive order banning people from Muslim countries from entering the US, and talked to his military leadership about shooting protesters.

If you're really interested in Gaza, and not just your own political standing in this country, then there's some figuring out you need to do about how to do this. What you're doing won't help Gaza and if you "punish" Democrats who aren't right there with you by helping Trump get elected, Gaza loses.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 10:48 am
@Region Philbis,
Makes one wonder how much trump pays him to go to jail.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 11:02 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't think there's many Arab Americans on A2K.

The people here are either Biden supporters, Trump supporters or foreigners like me.

Despite the claims of some I don't think there's any genuine anti Biden types who don't support Trump.

Actually I can think of one person, but I'm not going to name them, they are principled.

What I'm saying is that your message isn't hitting home.

Just saying the other guy is worse isn't enough.

Despite Biden's sound and fury about Netanyahu, military to Israel is uninterupted.

Unless there is real change those people will not vote for Biden.
BillW

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 11:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Wasn't it $1 mill last time, but that was to remain shut up about any other evidence. But now he is doing time for those lies. Makes one wonder how many more there are.

I understand that the prosecutor added three or four other charges during sentencing that included no more time to his charges nor did he have to enter a guilty plea.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 12:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

There is no amount of money that would tempt me to face months at Rikers Island. I'd rather be forced to drink from a cesspool.

Trump collaborators are NUTS.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 04:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I know from watching the tube - stay out of Rikers and the Tombs. They're shutting down the Tombs if I remember correctly.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 04:14 pm
@izzythepush,
A couple of things:

Not many Arabs are on A2K: Not many of anybody on A2K, period. The message is true for any moron who thinks protest votes for someone other than Joe Biden will accomplish anything good. I do not think Mango Jebus will pick many votes from Arabs and sadly misguided liberals. Mango Jebus is the guy who stopped for a period the entry of Arabs and Muslim unto the US until a court over ruked him. He once asked a General in charge of handling some protests that had a large component of Arab/Americans, "Can't we just shoot them?" Mango Jebus does not like Arab or Muslims in general. He's copperated with Israel in number of hits on Iranian leaders.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 12:42 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I don't think those disaffected people will be voting for Trump either.

They won't vote for Biden unless he does something concrete.

And Biden isn't exactly offering Iran an olive branch right now.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 05:41 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I know from watching the tube - stay out of Rikers and the Tombs. They're shutting down the Tombs if I remember correctly.

The Tombs is being shut and rebuilt, but it is only for pre-trial detainees...not for convicted prisoners.

It sucks also, but not nearly as badly as Rikers.

Anyway, Weisselberg has pleaded guilty to perjury. No way he is going to be a defense witness for Trump in the coming trial.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 06:26 am
https://i.imgur.com/AwfeXKh.png
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 07:15 am
Court-appointed monitor must investigate whether Trump team 'facilitated' Allen Weisselberg's perjury

Source: Law & Crime

Apr 10th, 2024, 11:52 am

On the eve of former Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg’s perjury sentencing hearing, the New York Attorney General’s Office sent a letter to Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial judge urging him to direct a court-appointed monitor to investigate whether “Defendants and their counsel facilitated that perjury by withholding of incriminating documents.”

The day before Weisselberg was sentenced Wednesday to five months in jail for perjuring himself in testimony at Trump’s civil fraud trial, AG Letitia James’ (D) office called on New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron to empower court-appointed monitor Barbara Jones to investigate “the potential failure to properly produce documents in a legal proceeding relevant to the valuation of Mr. Trump’s triplex.”

Prosecutors in Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg’s (D) office have detailed that Weisselberg, during a deposition, falsely denied that he was “present” on Sept. 21, 2015 when Trump “stated to a Forbes reporter that the size of his triplex was 33,000 square feet,” overestimating the square footage of the Trump Tower Triplex by a factor of three — a central part of the civil fraud case that ended with a massive judgment against the former president, his eldest sons, and the family business.

Weisselberg was also asked if he “advised any financial institutions” that a 2015 statement of financial condition contained the triplex calculation “error.” “Well, we didn’t find out about the error until the Forbes article came out,” he answered. Prosecutors said that wasn’t true either and that Weisselberg has since admitted as much.

Read more: https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/court-appointed-monitor-must-investigate-whether-trump-team-facilitated-allen-weisselbergs-perjury-ag-tells-civil-fraud-trial-judge/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 11:28 am
The right to safe and legal abortion must be safeguarded by the EU’s Charter of Fundamental Rights, the European Parliament reaffirmsed today as it adopted a resolution pushing the Council to launch a Convention to revise the Treaty.

Women must have full control of their sexual and reproductive health and rights (EU-Parliament, press release)
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 02:20 pm
Why do mass murders happen? Because God orders them to happen.

Quote:
A Republican lawmaker from central Maine sparked outrage late Wednesday when he suggested that the mass shooting in Lewiston was God's punishment on Maine for expanding access to abortion.

Rep. Michael Lemelin of Chelsea had already drawn objections for suggesting that a bill dealing with abortion and transgender care with was evil and influenced by the devil. But Lemelin shocked many in the House chamber when he said recent damaging storms and the Oct. 25 mass shooting that left 18 dead were God's response to a new law lifting restrictions on abortions performed later in a pregnancy...
pro-life theology lesson here
izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 03:23 pm
@blatham,
“Get your protection on and your heart in the right place,” “The world is very obviously changing right now and if you ever needed to pick a side, the time to do right in your life is now. Stay strong you got this.”

The woman who wrote this is the subject of this news article.

Woman who threw children on to LA freeway had posted about ‘apocalypse’
Woman tossed her two children out of moving SUV, killing infant daughter, after fatally stabbing partner, and then died by suicide

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/11/los-angeles-freeway-woman-killing
blatham

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 04:27 pm
@izzythepush,
That changes my life. I'm cutting all contacts with astrological influencers.
BillW

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 04:34 pm
@blatham,
God told Atilla to drive his Huns over Western Asia and Eastern Europe because these were easy markś and he could spread his seed to the greater world!