Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 05:59 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Why Does the U.S. Have So Many Mass Shootings? Research Is Clear: Guns.

So what? Massacre victims would be just as dead if they were killed with knives. Or with bombs. Or with vehicles driven at high speed. Or with whatever other diabolical ideas a murderer might come up with.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 06:00 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
It started off very well this time, but degenerated quickly.

"It" refers to...??

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Denial and bald assertion does not a cogent argument make. It really is that simple.

What is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Deny it all you want, but it's the law of the land supported by any number of court rulings, that that governmental agencies have the right to alter, ban, recall, take legal proceedings against manufacturers of items deemed a danger to the public. It's been done any number of times, from prescription to automobiles to toys to firearms.

Actually corporations have legal rights in America. The left is not allowed to harm an organization for no reason.

Now if a corporation actually breaks the law, that is different.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Get over it.

Get over what? I am not aware of anything that I need to get over.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 06:31 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
IMO, the site would be better if we started more threads on specific topics

Tried that. They get ignored. Try it yourself.

Ok, this is pure Comedy Gold, right here.

You're complaining about "free speech" when you have ample opportunity, desire, media presence and the ability to post what you want but you won't because you get ignored??

LMAO!

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 06:35 am
@neptuneblue,
He's not promoting free speech, he's promoting his speech. He ignores our right to ignore him.
neptuneblue

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 06:38 am
@bobsal u1553115,
And I find that fact particularly humorous!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 07:12 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
He ignores our right to ignore him.

How is he supposed to be doing that?
hightor

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 07:20 am
@oralloy,
Who said he was "supposed" to do anything?
oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 07:36 am
@hightor,
Bobsal said it. His exact words were:

"He ignores our right to ignore him."

A statement that "someone is doing something" is usually considered to be a claim that the person in question is doing the action in question.
hightor

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 08:24 am
@oralloy,
In which case the statement is self-explanatory and your question reduced to the status of pointless kvetching. Assuming that we all have the right to ignore somebody if we wish, Builder's objection to starting new threads simply because they will be ignored reveals his belief that not paying attention to him is somehow unacceptable, as if he had a right to be noticed.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 08:28 am
@hightor,
My "How stupid is Trump" thread, is still going strong after almost two years.

Not all threads get ignored.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 08:32 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Bobsal said it. His exact words were:

"He ignores our right to ignore him."

A statement that "someone is doing something" is usually considered to be a claim that the person in question is doing the action in question.

I never said he was supposed to do anything. Where'd I even use the word 'supposed'?

"A statement that "someone is doing something" is usually considered to be a claim that the person in question is doing the action in question."

Don't you just cringe a little when you reread your sentences like that and realize it's too late to delete or edit them?

Reread what he said about his self confessed feelings about the futility of his posting small OPs regarding simple topics.

Quote:
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:

IMO, the site would be better if we started more threads on specific topics

Tried that. They get ignored. Try it yourself.

Ok, this is pure Comedy Gold, right here.

You're complaining about "free speech" when you have ample opportunity, desire, media presence and the ability to post what you want but you won't because you get ignored??

Sometimes it just feels like when you engage in this type of behavior, it is disingenuous and malicious.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 08:32 am
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Don't you just cringe a little when you reread your sentences like that and realize it's too late to delete or edit them?

If he did he wouldn't use the same seven sentences over and over again.

If he was at all ashamed of his severely limited vocabulary he would have shut up a long time ago.
oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 04:46 pm
@izzythepush,
@izzythepush,
My vocabulary is more expansive than your vocabulary.
Mame

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 04:47 pm
@oralloy,
Schoolyard response.
oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 04:48 pm
@Mame,
@Mame,
And rightly so. I am responding to schoolyard bullies.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 04:50 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
In which case the statement is self-explanatory

Self explanatory and also incorrect.

hightor wrote:
and your question reduced to the status of pointless kvetching.

I do not believe that it is pointless to point out that Builder is not doing what he was described as doing.

hightor wrote:
Assuming that we all have the right to ignore somebody if we wish, Builder's objection to starting new threads simply because they will be ignored reveals his belief that not paying attention to him is somehow unacceptable, as if he had a right to be noticed.

Believing that he should be paid attention to (if that is even his belief) does not ignore other's right to ignore him.

If people choose to ignore him, he does not prevent it in any way.

Even if he has the belief that you accuse him of, that still does not prevent people from ignoring him. And it is far from established that he has such a belief.

An example of ignoring people's right to ignore you would be to create a brand new ID for every single post.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 04:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
I never said he was supposed to do anything. Where'd I even use the word 'supposed'?

What you said was that he was actually doing that something.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

No.

I do cringe when I see that I have made a idiotic spelling mistake, but my sentence there is perfectly adequate. I am satisfied with it.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Reread what he said about his self confessed feelings about the futility of his posting small OPs regarding simple topics.

His post is as I remember it.

I have a very good memory.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Sometimes it just feels like when you engage in this type of behavior, it is disingenuous and malicious.

What behavior? Pointing out that someone is not doing what they are described as doing?

There is no malice or disingenuousness behind my posting of relevant facts.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 05:05 pm
@oralloy,
Don't be in such a rush to prove my point.

We all know what's going to happen, the least you could do is dangle the punchline for a bit before falling flat on your face.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 05:08 pm
@Mame,
Notice his phrasing, expansive not extensive vocabulary, as if his words are increasififying like some superfragiliitic syllabubism enhancifying vocabulariser.

'n that.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2022 05:09 pm
I wished I could ignore all the witty repartee going on here but it's just too funny to pass up!