Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

oralloy

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2021 04:30 pm
@hightor,
I see your point that the headline is likely the fault of the editors.

But the article is about how progressives need to destroy an American institution (the Senate filibuster) in order to advance their agenda.

The article left out the fact that progressives will also need to destroy a second American institution (courts that uphold the Constitution) in order to advance their agenda. If the filibuster falls, we'll soon be seeing articles demanding that the courts be packed with judges who disregard the Constitution.

And while the article left this tidbit out, I know full well that the progressive agenda incudes violating everyone's civil liberties for their own entertainment.

So the only thing that I get from the article is: progressives are bad people who are trying to destroy America.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 06:15 am
@oralloy,
Is there something wrong with your intellect that you cannot hold even a basic conversation about Trump's failed policies?

I've noticed both you and Builder seem to ignore even a generalized open and honest dialog concerning the failures of the past Administration.

Oh well, deflection, disorganizatio0n and dishonesty is the Trump mentality.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 06:31 am
@neptuneblue,
They’re both totally delusional. Builder is a full blown conspiracy nut who believes Jews control the World and the Queen is a shape shifting lizard.

Oralloy is similar, he believes the World is a particular way and he deliberately ignores any evidence that challenges that belief. He doesn’t even attempt to engage with such evidence, he just dismisses it.

The truth is that Trump’s term of office was such a catastrophe that intelligent, reasonable Republicans like Georgebob don’t bother trying to defend him, they stay away. All that’s left are the fanatics.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:52 am
@izzythepush,

thankfully the trump fanatics are few in number here...
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:55 am
@Region Philbis,
Let’s hope it stays that way.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 03:13 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Is there something wrong with your intellect that you cannot hold even a basic conversation about Trump's failed policies?

Not at all. My IQ is 170.

neptuneblue wrote:
I've noticed both you and Builder seem to ignore even a generalized open and honest dialog concerning the failures of the past Administration.

I do tend to focus only on subjects that interest me.

neptuneblue wrote:
Oh well, deflection, disorganizatio0n and dishonesty is the Trump mentality.

Mr. Trump has never lied about me. You have.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 03:14 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
They're both totally delusional.

Says the phony who can't back up his claim by pointing out anything untrue in my posts.

izzythepush wrote:
Oralloy is similar, he believes the World is a particular way and he deliberately ignores any evidence that challenges that belief. He doesn't even attempt to engage with such evidence, he just dismisses it.

That's two lies in one. First, I don't ignore confrontation. I address it directly.

Second, no one has ever managed to present any evidence challenging my beliefs.
snood

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2021 04:34 pm
Deb Haaland- first Native American to serve as a Cabinet Secretary in the US.

That’s fantastic.

And, a damn shame.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 07:55 am
President Biden promised to be “the most pro-union president you’ve ever seen.” Following through on that might mean going it alone.

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 09:58 am
@oralloy,
Iz is right. Byou.ve ignored the clear evidence against your beliefs for years, and they are merely beliefs, which cannot be equated with reality.
oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 10:10 am
@MontereyJack,
No he isn't. You cannot provide any examples of anyone ever providing evidence against my beliefs.

I cannot "ignore" evidence that has never been presented and in fact doesn't even exist.
oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 10:14 am
@revelette3,

Do-nothing Biden isn't going to be following through on much of anything at all.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 10:43 am
@MontereyJack,
Recently I’ve had occasion to discuss the Narnia books and something has just struck me.

The book The Last Battle is the final one in the series and deals with a Biblical Armageddon made for children.

At the end of the book all the characters end up being forced through a stable door where the good people are transported to Heaven and the bad ones go somewhere else.

C.S. Lewis only concerns himself with those sent to Heaven. One group is the dwarfs who had previously turned their backs on the forces of good saying the dwarfs were just for the dwarfs.

They are in Heaven but can’t see it, believing they’re in a dirty stable, and although they have a sumptuous feast they think they’re eating mouldy turnips and apples.

I’m not getting all religious, it’s just a work of fiction, but Oralloy reminds me of the dwarfs. It doesn’t matter what the reality is, he sees something else and will always see something else because he’s delusional. He will go off on a rant about nobody being able to provide examples of his craziness because even though they’re legion he can’t see them.

There’s really no point in arguing with him so why bother?

Instead of your one to one with someone who has no understanding of reality and an extremely limited vocabulary wouldn’t you rather talk to everyone else?

I have you on ignore, not because I disagree with you or I dislike you. I have you on ignore because 90% of what you post is a response to Oralloy, and I’m not interested in his paranoid, delusional, hate speech.

I may not be the only one.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 11:22 am
@oralloy,
Delusions of grandeur. Plus selective blindness.
Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 11:34 am
@izzythepush,
Yeah, I have put O on Ignore as well, after realizing they will never change their opinion and have repeated numerous debunked claims. Plus, O really wants lots of people to get hurt in some way: the Democratic Party, The Biden Administration, the people of Italy, the list goes on.

I'm sure O will reply to me, but I'll just ignore them. Unless they can prove they can negatively affect my actual life in the real world, they are no threat to me.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 11:55 am
@Rebelofnj,
It never used to be the case. I could always disagree with people about events, and even though each side would put their own spin on events there would be some broad consensus of what had occurred.

Not any more, now we’re stuck debating the nature of reality with people who either don’t know or don’t want to know what the facts are.
oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 01:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Nice try, but I'm not the one who can't back up any of his claims.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 01:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Delusions of grandeur. Plus selective blindness.

Wrong. You really do never provide any examples to back up what you say about me.

Over and over again you say "there are lots of examples" "there are lots of examples".

You never provide any examples, and that's because there aren't any.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 01:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It doesn't matter what the reality is, he sees something else and will always see something else because he's delusional.

Says the phony who can't provide an example of an untrue statement in my posts.

izzythepush wrote:
He will go off on a rant about nobody being able to provide examples of his craziness because even though they're legion he can't see them.

If they were legion, you could post examples.

All you can do is try to dodge the fact that you can't provide any examples.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2021 01:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
Yeah, I have put O on Ignore as well, after realizing they will never change their opinion

You really are too stupid to be drawing conclusions about me. I'll change my opinion if someone provides me with a reason for doing so.

You just are not capable of presenting an intelligent argument. That's your failure, not mine.

Rebelofnj wrote:
and have repeated numerous debunked claims.

That's a lie. You cannot provide any example of me doing such a thing.

Rebelofnj wrote:
Plus, O really wants lots of people to get hurt in some way: the Democratic Party, The Biden Administration, the people of Italy, the list goes on.

If wanting the Biden Administration to be the subject of criminal investigation is a horrible thing, what are your views of the witch hunts against Mr. Trump?

You're quite a hypocrite, although I doubt you have the intelligence to recognize your hypocrisy or the ethics to care.

Rebelofnj wrote:
I'm sure O will reply to me, but I'll just ignore them.

As if you were even capable of saying something worthwhile?

Rebelofnj wrote:
Unless they can prove they can negatively affect my actual life in the real world, they are no threat to me.

Unlike you, I try to to make the world a better place.

Although I suppose that might be viewed as a negative for those of you who want to make the world a worse place.
0 Replies