revelette1

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 10:56 am
@roger,
Laughing
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 11:13 am
@blatham,
It seems to me, Murdock changes with the wind. It all depends on the wider local republicans and which side emerges as the top winner, die hard Trump loyalist or (equally bad) DeSantis. Who really knows?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 11:16 am
@revelette1,
He wants to be on the side of the winner.

The Sun supported Labour when it was clear Tony Blair would thrash John Major.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 11:19 am
Mad about inflation? Blame your local officials.

I found this interesting, not that I expect to impact any minds, but to me, I am basically ignorant on how our economy works as a whole in our country.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 02:34 pm
@revelette1,
Mad about inflation? The US Petroleum Industry took over $7Trillion in subsidies and tax write offs last year - the best in 13 year of record profits.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2022 05:27 pm

US kills al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in drone strike
(cnn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 05:07 am

good... lock him up...

Armed Capitol riot domestic terrorist who threatened Pelosi gets 7 years in prison
(cnn)
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 08:52 am
@Region Philbis,
He was turned in to the feds by his so.n. I wlonder about the fanily dynamics in that house. At least the son is sane.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 03:08 pm
Whether it’s a popular or unpopular opinion, I don’t care…

I think Nancy Pelosi is a ******* BADASS.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 03:13 pm
@snood,
Im assuming you mean tbat in the positive sense of badass in which case l agree.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 04:22 pm

https://imgur.com/0OQmE1y.gif
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 04:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
I wasn’t aware of a negative connotation for BADASS, but yeah.

<edit> I take that back. I do know of a negative sense of it ( like “he thinks he’s a Billy badass”
BillW

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 05:20 pm
@snood,
Hey, I happen to think "Billy badass” can also be the Hero 😉 However, I do agree with you, it is more often the villian.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 05:46 pm
Nance is calling the shots, according to creepy Joe.

snood

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 06:05 pm
@Builder,
Who’s “calling the shots” for the republicans these days? Is he the one telling all those government employees to lose all documents from 1/6? Or is it the one who thought it was a good idea to stall the injured veterans bill? Whoever it is, is just ******* brilliant, don’t you think?
Builder

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 06:21 pm
@snood,
This keeps getting removed from social media, so it must be hitting the nail on the head. I couldn't give a rat's arse about US "politics". It's about as real as your society in general.

English musician, Sting interrupted a concert in Warsaw on Saturday evening to warn his audience that democracy is under attack worldwide and to denounce the war in Ukraine as “an absurdity based upon a lie.”

He asked a popular Polish actor, Maciej Stuhr, to come on-stage to translate his warning that democracy is “in grave danger of being lost unless we defend it”.

“The alternative to democracy is a prison, a prison of the mind. The alternative to democracy is violence, oppression, imprisonment and silence,” Sting said and then ran his hand across his neck in a throat-cutting gesture.

The 70-year-old delivered his message in a country that borders Ukraine, where Russia launched its invasion on February 24 that has killed tens of thousands and displaced millions.

Poland has become the place of refuge for more Ukrainians than any other country.

“The war in the Ukraine is an absurdity based upon a lie. If we swallow that lie, the lie will eat us,” Sting said.

He appeared to be referring to justifications Russia has tried to give for its invasion, including a Russian claim that it seeks to “de-Nazify” Ukraine, a democracy led by a Jewish president.

Sting drew strong applause in particular when he said that democracy is something messy and frustrating “but it is still worth fighting for.”

Poland’s populist government is often accused by the European Union and human rights organizations of eroding democratic norms with its efforts to tighten control over the courts and media.

source
snood

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 06:25 pm
@Builder,
If you don’t care about our politics, why do you comment on it?
thack45

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2022 06:33 pm
@snood,
When someone makes the effort to go online and proclaim they don't care about ____, we should absolutely take them at their word.
0 Replies