Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 09:02 am
@bulmabriefs144,
We have known for more than a century that greenhousd dasses rrap heat
Deat. We know co2 is one. We know f8or the last 7 ice age-interglacial cycles that is 700,000 yeaRs co2 in atmospere was between about 180 ppm in ice ages and about 280 ppm in interglacials. It ks now pushing or above 400 ppm. Wee are wdll outside your cycle and it is not pretty.

thack45

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 09:36 am
@bulmabriefs144,
That's what they want you to think.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 03:34 pm

Group of R's and D's form new political party "Forward" to appeal to moderates
(cnn)
snood

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 03:56 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yeah, Andrew Yang. Hard pass.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 04:02 pm
@snood,

but you might get $1000 a month for a year...
snood

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 04:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
I’ll admit that makes it a little tougher, but Imma still have to pass.😂
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 06:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
So ummm ppm means parts per million. Now see the thing is, this is not a swimming pool where the amount of lead in the water is factored into a about 30 ft or so. You do parts per million but you account for the sky being kinda big. And in fact, the sky has a vaulted ceiling about a mile or two high.

Oh wow, no I even underestimated it. Turns out it's twelve miles high. So yeah, imagine a pool where the lead is scattered across twelve miles high and 46,250 or so miles long. That's a pretty huge pool.

400/1,000= 40%
400/1,00,000= 0.04%
(scattered over a huge area)

And CO2 isn't exactly lead. So yeah, I am not that concerned.

0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 06:27 pm
@thack45,
Oh no, snobby liberals definitely would like me to eat bugs.

That, and ppl here who dislike me would probably prefer that.
Builder

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 06:41 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Wikipedia changed the definition of recession, and disabled edits to it.

Creepy Joe needs protection, right?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 08:34 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
fentirely irrelevant analogy. It was prooved a cenury ago. ibfrared raduatuib ubteracts wuith CO2molecules in the air and is reflected. O2 and nitrogen are not affected. The "swimming pool" is tkhe atmosdphere, and any quanta of IR gets bounced off millions of times. Some finally is bounced upward and escapes into space, but others finally are bounced downward and heat the atmosphere and ultimately the earth. That's why they're called greenouse glasses.Those are why the earht is not a frozen ball of ice. We have in effect created a blanket that keeps holding more and more heat in, well above the historic amount of co2 in the air that natural cycles like ice ages/interlacals rproduced and we're seeing the floods and the fires and the stormier storms that gives us.
Builder

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 08:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
English mofo; do you speak it?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 08:41 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
people have been eating bugs for ceonturies. deep fry and salt em and they're suposedly tastier than potato chips. Keep deforestinng everything and screwing with the growing season, and you may not have any other choice.]
Wilso

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 09:57 pm
Book idea.
97% of the world’s scientists contrive an environmental emergency. But they’re exposed by a plucky band of billionaires and oil executives.
roger

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 09:59 pm
@Wilso,
Interesting idea
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 10:02 pm
@MontereyJack,
Google ---> nutritional value of bugs

Insects are considered highly nutritional; the majority of them are rich in protein, healthy fats, iron, and calcium, and low in carbohydrates. In fact, the authors of the FAO report claim that insects are just as – if not more – nutritious than commonly consumed meats, such as beef.
Jun 22, 2016
bulmabriefs144

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2022 10:13 pm
@BillW,
Dude, I have actually eaten bugs. Both grubs from the ground (not good eats) and silkworms in China (still not good eats).

As a delicacy, it's one thing to try them. It's quite another to be coerced to eat them to "save the environment."

You wanna eat bugs, that's fine. But we as a human species are hunters, gatherers, and farmers. We herd animals. We've developed dairy. All this over thousands of years. Then fuzzy headed people are offended that we "exploit" cows, pigs, and chickens. Well guess what? If we don't exploit them, demand goes down. If demand goes down, farmers kill them.

Would you rather have milk? Or powder made from nuts? One of these is real food, the other is entirely an industrial product. Don't believe me? Shake the two of them. Milk is a mix that returns to normal after foaming for a few seconds. Almond/soy/rice milk turn to water and powder when you do that. I know, I've tried.

Save the planet (from geniuses that want you to eat chemicals and bugs)
Eat bacon.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2022 03:12 am
@bulmabriefs144,
then stop the bullshit and do something about the undeniable fact that we are heat-******* the weather up so that bugs will be the only thing left to eat.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2022 05:56 am
Realpolitik in the ME, Biden has continued Trumps policy of disengaging with the Kurds.

Iraqi Kurds have realised theirbest chances for stability is to go into partnership with pro Iran parties.

The conflict in the ME isn't about Israel/Palestine, it's about Sunni/Shia.

Iraq is a predominantly Shia country. Iran is the only Shia country in the ME governered by Shia. It's not the only Shia majority country though. Some are ruled by a small Sunni elite.

By backing Sunni and threatening military action against Iran, Biden has put himself on a collision course with all Shia. It may not matter so much in Egypt and North Africa, but in the Gulf it does. Lebanon, Syria, Iraq Yemen and Bahrain, home of the 5th Fleet, all have significant Shia populations who will all now be looking to Iran.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2022 11:10 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

Book idea.
97% of the world’s scientists contrive an environmental emergency. But they’re exposed by a plucky band of billionaires and oil executives.

But our heroes are not alone. Rising from the masses of sheep are the few who will resist this onslaught to fight for our benevolent job-gifters. With a unique blend of cynicism and credulousness, these web-scouring muckrakers will sacrifice hours innumerable to preserve our world's most treasured mansions and yachts–and along the way, uncover truths that will forever alter our calculus for understanding.
0 Replies