Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:00 pm
@ManOfTruth,
Strange. He said something very different a few months ago. And this was after got COVID-19 back in October 2020.

Trump urges all Americans to get COVID vaccine: 'It's a safe vaccine' and it 'works'

Quote:
Former President Trump urged all Americans to get the coronavirus vaccine in a Fox News exclusive interview on Tuesday, touting its efficacy as both "a safe vaccine" and "something that works."
Unlike President Joe Biden, Trump did not publically receive the vaccine, but Fox News confirmed earlier this month that both he and former first lady Melania Trump received their vaccines privately in January at the White House.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-urges-all-americans-to-get-covid-vaccine-its-a-safe-vaccine
ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
Strange. He said something very different a few months ago.

...right, and remember when Kamala Harris said that she'd never take a vaccine if Trump said to?

Harris On Vaccine: 'If Donald Trump Tells Us To Take It, I’m Not Taking It.' | NBC News

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:39 pm
@ManOfTruth,
According to Harris' answer in the video, she distrusted Trump's word on the vaccines, and not the vaccines themselves:
Quote:
"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it."

And Trump's comments (said in March 2021) were made after Harris was fully vaccinated in January 2021.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-harris-idUSKBN29V2I7
ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 05:47 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Trump was the one who originally ordered the vaccine rollout, when coivd looked like a serious threat.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 06:30 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
My point was instead that the one occurring now, with respect to the accumulating failures of the policies of the Biden Administration, appears to be gaining focus and momentum very fast, involving several disparate issues, all apparently coalescing in fast spreading public reactions
Yes, you did suggest that and more but, as usual, provide nothing to support what you contend. Nor do you admit to the prior failures in policy or in the character, competence and ethics of GOP administrations and senior figures in the Senate or House.

Quote:
I think it would be very hard to describe the long-term, utterly sectarian, hard ball tactics of the Pelosi/Schumer leadership in the Congress as anything favoring a democratic legislative process.

As hightor pointed out with his reference to the GOP since Gingrich, your suggestion that Dems are unique in this is risible. As McConnell said, "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." As Grover Norquist said, "Bi-partisanship is another name for date-rape." On another occasion, McConnell suggested that if/when Republicans cooperate with Dems on some important policy then they won't be seen by the public as a unique political entity.

Quote:
Their current legislative agenda involves huge, several thousand page draft legislation
So what? That's why representatives have staffs (not to mention well funded think tanks doing that task). This isn't a rational point of contention at all. It's merely intended to convey and foster anxieties of "big government".

Quote:
written by hired consultants

Again, so what? Are you going to suggest that this is unusual? The corporate funded American Legislative Exchange Council has as one of its key functions the writing of conservative bills that get sent out to all states where Republicans are in power.

Quote:
It includes sweeping expansions of Federal government control of elections
If you haven't yet figured out why they are and why it is necessary, then you're deeper into the lie of electoral fraud and Trump's attempted coup than I would have hoped or thought. And I am saddened as hell by that.

blatham

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 06:37 pm
By the way, here's a good graphic on how Canadian provinces are faring with covid as compared with US states... HERE
0 Replies

ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 07:38 pm
Similar to the things going on at this very website, how the communists re-define words in ways that don't mean what the words actually mean in order to silence and 'cancel' people speaking the truth.

Woman who survived Maoist China claims school boards using 'communist tactics' | Digital Original

0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 08:27 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
My point was instead that the one occurring now, with respect to the accumulating failures of the policies of the Biden Administration, appears to be gaining focus and momentum very fast, involving several disparate issues, all apparently coalescing in fast spreading public reactions
Yes, you did suggest that and more but, as usual, provide nothing to support what you contend. Nor do you admit to the prior failures in policy or in the character, competence and ethics of GOP administrations and senior figures in the Senate or House.

Are you seriously suggesting that the continuing rapid fall of the voter approval ratings of Biden, Harris, Pelosi & Co is something that needs citation here? That's a rather familiar, but rather pedantic ploy of yours, but in the matter at hand it is simply laughable.

ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 09:46 pm
Why isn't the capital police officer who murdered this unarmed woman (a veteran) in prison like Derek Chavin is?

Babbitt shooting internal police docs reveal 'no good reason for shooting,' according to Judicial Watch

The documents show witnesses recount they did not see Babbitt holding a weapon

More than 500 pages of internal documents from DC Metropolitan Police concerning the fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt in the Capitol on Jan. 6 reveal witness accounts stating she was not holding a weapon at the time of her death and how "upset" the officer was after shooting her.

"These previously secret records show there was no good reason to shoot and kill Ashli Babbitt," stated Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, which obtained the documents through a May 2021 FOIA lawsuit. "The Biden-Garland Justice Department and the Pelosi Congress have much to answer for the over the mishandling and cover-up of this scandalous killing of an American citizen by the U.S. Capitol Police."

Babbitt, an Air Force veteran, was shot and killed during the storming of the Capitol by a bullet fired by Capitol Police officer ​​Lt. Michael Byrd. The documents from the DC Metropolitan Police department show that witnesses did not see Babbitt holding a weapon prior to her being shot, and reveal conflicting accounts of whether Byrd verbally warned Babbitt before shooting her.

A Capitol Police sergeant, whose name is redacted, described seeing Babbitt climbing through a broken window, but did not witness her holding a weapon, according to a portion of the documents received by Judicial Watch.

"Sergeant [redacted] observed a white, female protester was climbing through an opened area where the glass pane had been knocked out. He heard a gunshot and this female fell backwards through the opening. The crowd on the other side of the barricaded east doors, began to step back and some put their hands in the air. Sergeant [redacted] observed Lieutenant Byrd step back just after hearing the gunshot. He did not see anything in the female protester’s hands prior to the gunshot," the Internal Affairs Division report stated.

"Sergeant [redacted] never went on the other side of the barricaded east door. He also did not know that it was Lieutenant Byrd who shot his gun until he talked to him moments after it occurred. Lieutenant Byrd looked upset and stated, ‘I was the one who took the shot,’" the report continued.

Tucker Carlson reacts to Capitol Police officer speaking out about shooting Ashli BabbittVideo
Judicial Watch noted that in a written transcript of the interview with the sergeant, he detailed he was not sure "if something happened to" Byrd that "caused him to take the shot or not."

"Uh, I saw Lieutenant Byrd kinda. I don’t know if it was before or after. Cause I was trying to figure this out of, but there was at one point where I remember seeing him and he kind of went like this and then came back up again. Uh, I don’t know if that was from him taking the shot and then stepping back from that shot or if it was before that, I can’t, no matter how I tried to rack my brain, I can’t, I can’t figure out when that happened, but uh, so I don’t know if something happened to him where [sic] caused him to take the shot or not," the written transcript states.

The sergeant went onto describe that Byrd was "visibly upset" after shooting Babbitt.

"No, his eyes were red. He was, you could see he was visibly upset and he just, you know, kind of comfort him and told him, you know, we gotta get outta here," the transcript of the interview states.

The interviewer asked the sergeant if he approached Babbitt after the shot, and he responded, "No, no, no. I maintained my position."

He added that Byrd directed him and other officers to go down "into the subway" following the shooting.

The interviewer also asked: "This was not a typical day, was it?"

"Definitely not my craziest day there," the sergeant replied, saying the closest event to compare it to was "the shots fired back in 2004, 2005 in the Rayburn building ...."

The interview asked the sergeant if Jan. 6 was a "frightening experience," to which the sergeant responded: "Oh yeah. I’m not afraid to say I was, I was scared s--t."

The Internal Affairs Division also conducted a different interview with another Capitol Police officer on Jan. 6, who was positioned directly behind Byrd in the Speaker’s Lobby during the shooting of Babbitt.

"He did not see Ms. McEntee [Babbitt] in possession of any potential weapons," the summary report states.

"He reiterated that he did not observe that she was armed."

That interviewee also described Byrd as "upset" following the shooting.

"Lieutenant Byrd was shaking, he did not say anything…. Byrd was nervous, teary-eyed, and appeared very upset. His voice [was] also shaky when he called for medical assistance over the radio. Lieutenant Byrd was still very upset," the report continued.

That interviewee also said that a man with a beard wearing a suit attended to Babbitt, according to transcripts of the interview. Neither he nor the sergeant interviewed were able to prove the identity of the bearded man in the suit, but said they believe he was with the House Sergeant-at-Arms office.

Yet another report also stated that a sergeant did not see a weapon in Babbitt’s hands before hearing a gunshot. That report added that investigators "recovered 'a para force’ folding knife in Ms. Babbitt’s pants pocket."

"The crowd on the outside of the previously barricaded east doors began to step back, and some raised their hands in the air. Sergeant [redacted] did not see anything in Ms. Babbitt’s hands prior to hearing the gunshot."

Another report on an interview with a Capitol Police officer on Feb. 4 stated, "He did not hear any verbal commands" before Babbitt was shot.

A separate Jan. 6 phone interview with a man who "reached out" to the Metro PD, who claimed to have been in the House Chambers at the time of the shooting, contradicted the officer’s Feb. 4 interview.

He said he did in fact hear Byrd shout "loud verbal commands" that he would "shoot" before firing at Babbitt. That interviewee also claimed Byrd fired twice, not once.

"He was yelling, he was giving commands. Um, he was saying, I will shoot. Uh, he was saying some other stuff. I couldn’t clearly make out what he was saying, but he was definitely, uh, giving commands, no question about it," the interviewee said, according to transcripts.

"He [Byrd], uh, did everything he could do…. He was by himself, we were defending the front door and they were shaking it."

A DC Department of Forensic Sciences crime scene examination report also noted that Byrd’s service weapon was turned over to the department. A crime scene examination report also states that police saw a trail of blood from the hallway outside the Speaker’s Lobby doors, that led down to the first floor of the House.

The documents come after Byrd gave his first public interview in August, recounting the events leading up to the shooting, and said firing his weapon was a "last resort option."

"I tried to wait as long as I could," Byrd said. "I hoped and prayed no one tried to enter through those doors. But their failure to comply required me to take the appropriate action to save the lives of members of Congress and myself and my fellow officers."

The U.S. Capitol Police concluded its internal investigation seven months after the shooting and declared it was "lawful and within Department policy." The policy states that the officer can use deadly force if he "reasonably believes that the action is in defense of human life."

"If the doors were breached, the rioters would have immediate access to the House Chambers," the U.S. Capitol Police said on August 23. "The actions of the officer in this case potentially saved Members and staff from serious injury and possible death from a large crowd of rioters who forced their way into the U.S. Capitol and to the House Chamber where Members and staff were steps away."

"I know that day I saved countless lives," Byrd said in his interview. "I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger. And that’s my job."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/documents-ashli-babbitt-death-foia-capitol-police
ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 09:50 pm
@blatham,
Quote:

Hey blatham, why are hundreds of thousands of people across the country spontaneously breaking out into chants of "F___ Joe Biden!" on a regular basis?

Could you please explain that to me? Go slow so that everyone can understand.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 10:22 pm
@ManOfTruth,
SIMPLE. THEY'RE ASSHOLES AND CULT-LIKE FOLLOWERS OF A BADLY FAILED EX-PRESIDENT AND NATIONAL DISGRACE. WHO DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER. KINDA LIKE YOU. and yes, there was no fraud and biden won fairly and he's still getting higher approval numbers than trump ever did.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 10:25 pm
@ManOfTruth,
she was an insurrectionist and a traitor to the country who was in the wrong lace at the wrong time behaving traitoriously.
ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 10:28 pm
@ManOfTruth,
It looks like someone replied here, but I'm not sure who it was because it looks to be someone whom I have on ignore.

Still waiting for you blatham, to explain to me how according to you there is no evidence of Biden's unpopularity.

Let's Go Brandon!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 03:00 am
@MontereyJack,
How did you manage that?

I'm getting unsolicited pms from that piece of ****.

He's desperate for my recognition just like when he was longjon.

**** is always desperate for attention.

I just wish the mods would flush the bog and get rid of the foul stink.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 07:26 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Are you seriously suggesting that the continuing rapid fall of the voter approval ratings of Biden, Harris, Pelosi & Co is something that needs citation here?

It's true that I don't often put my attention to polling. So I've taken a brief look. CNN has approval at 50%. But other reporting suggests a recent decline reflected in 538 figures.

But let's look at Trump's polling during his first year in office. It went from 45% to 35%. How about Bush? He began at 57% and dropped to 51% prior to 9/11 Obama moved from 56% to 47%

You know that there is always (or almost always) and initial grace period for new Presidents which then moves to a decline. But you seem to have shoved that knowledge aside. I'm not surprised. The notions you've tacked onto your description of Biden's polling pretty clearly suggest you really wish this portrait to be so or you believe it is inevitable or you've been encouraged to think this way because of who you read.

But you've also avoided every question or argument I've put to you which might cause you to say anything negative about Trump or what the GOP has become. I don't mind your advocacy but your "Never defend, always attack" mode makes you a poor partner in discussions.
georgeob1

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 09:18 am
@blatham,
The subject of this thread is President Biden and his Administration. It is not that of former President Trump. You appear to be obsessed with the latter, and somehow imagine that saying that Trump was (vaguely and in unspecified ways) worse, is definitely not a substantive argument in defense of the rather obvious accumulating errors and failures of the current Biden Administration. Perhaps Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 09:37 am
@georgeob1,
Perhaps biden derangement syndrome is more real.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 09:38 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
The subject of this thread is President Biden and his Administration.
No.

https://i.imgur.com/Ky3vTr2.jpg
blatham

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 09:40 am
@georgeob1,
Really? Are you suggesting that in the thread that preceded this on (monitoring Trump and other contemporary events) you restricted your commentary to the Trump administration? That wouldn't be true, would it? Nor would I or others have insisted you do so. There's no way to make sensible statements regarding the qualities of a presidency without comparisons to others.
blatham

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2021 09:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quite so.
0 Replies