Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 05:59 pm
Everybody okay with this?
https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-inside-militarys-secret-undercover-army-1591881
oralloy

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 06:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't see any problems with it.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 08:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
Modern world!
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 08:24 pm
I think the bone of contention is is it okay to bomb a building housing AP and Al Jazeera , not whether is it right for a nation to clamp down on terrorism.

Israel reportedly told AP's journalists in that building that it was going to strike the building beforehand. Thus, you can't say it was an intentional strike against AP. Al Jazeera, which is a fan of gonzo journalism, just has no right to inveigh against the strike since it has been a channel cheering on terrorism for years. Please don't forget that it's bankrolled by a government that has close ties to Turkey.

Hamas also uses civilians-including children-as human shields, just like what Vietnamese soldiers did when Vietnam was embroiled in its own war with China. It would hire female soldiers and ask them to dress like school girls or villagers instead of combatants. It worked according to some books that describe this war; some Chinese soldiers got killed by these women after they mistook them for civilians.

Hamas seems to have taken a cut from this, hiding in buildings teeming with civilians, waiting for the chance to launch a strike.

That's why it's a bit infra dig for some nations to castigate Israel for attacking civilians without recognizing the fact that Hamas uses them as human shields while firing rockets into Israel.

Regardless, it's true that both sides should exercise restraint and find a way to reduce military tensions. The most pressing issue facing earth is Covid-19; we still have scads of people waiting for the chance to get the jab. Ergo, it's time for nations to work together, not to duke it out. And it's shameful for nations to glorify vaccine nationalism. We are in the same boat.
hingehead

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 08:52 pm
@goldberg,
I can't come to any conclusion other than the IDF is targeting media (and comms) to prevent anyone outside Gaza seeing what's going on inside Gaza.

The sheer imbalance of power (and casualties) points completely to Israel acceptance that annilihation is the solution to the 'Palestinian problem'. Israel has become an apartheid 'theocracy' (inverted commas because it defines citizenry on religious grounds - rather than actually being run by a religion).

It's founders would be horrified.
goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 09:03 pm
@hingehead,
We know what's going on in in Gaza Strip, Please don''t just read English articles or the articles written by some degenerates hating Israel. Most nations and their journalists side with Israel.

Just ask the Russians. Do they want their government to send military aid to Hamas?
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 09:11 pm
@hingehead,
I'm not trying to justify acts of cruelty. I don't even think that it's wrong to wipe out terrorists when they badger civilians to protect them. I once saw a movie that has a scene in which a soldier smiles at a beautiful girl standing not far from him. The girl, who is clad in a pink skirt, also smiles, her skirt flapping about her legs. Then the girl whips out a gun and shoots him once the soldier turns his back. It turns out to be the girl is a soldier as well.
goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 09:19 pm
@hingehead,
Israel also has Arab voters. They are supportive of Joint List or Benny Gantz’s Blue and White party, I suppose.
goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 09:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Newsweak? Americans don't read Newsweak. Time magazine still has some devout readers, I think. Yet it's also not going strong in terms of ad pages and readership. Its current owner, Marc Benioff, doesn't care about such financial metrics, in light of the fact that Marc Benioff just wants to use Time magazine as a platform on which he and some liberal journalists purvey social activism. Indeed, you still can't say Time magazine sticks up for far-left activism.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 09:49 pm
I truly feel sorry for Time Inc's founder Hency Luce. A soft-headed cove named Jeff Bewkes just desecrated his values and legacy.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 09:57 pm
BTW, Time magazine's editor in chief Edward Felsenthal used to work for the Wall Street Journal. Lots of former writers of the Journal joined Time Inc when Norman Pearlsteine was still the king at Time Inc. Norman Pearlsteine and his mate John Huey are worthies.
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 10:08 pm
@goldberg,
Hamas seems to have taken a cue from this
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 10:12 pm
CNN's Don Lemon panned for 'desperate' publicity stunt after suggesting he was leaving network
The struggling anchor renamed his show 'Don Lemon Tonight,' critics say it's copying 'Tucker Carlson Tonight'

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn

"CNN anchor Don Lemon is being panned over what critics described as a publicity stunt about his future at the network.

On Friday, Lemon repeatedly teased a major announcement he was going to make on "CNN Tonight," even hinting that whatever he announced would be the "end of an era."

Before closing his show, Lemon told viewers that "CNN Tonight with Don Lemon" was abruptly ending.

"It's been really, really great. This is the last night that will be ‘CNN Tonight with Don Lemon,’" Lemon said. "So, I appreciate all the years of ‘CNN Tonight with Don Lemon.’ But changes are coming. And I will fill you in."

The announcement sparked a wild response on social media with both fans and critics sounding the alarm of what he strongly suggested was a sudden departure from the liberal network.

Shortly after, Lemon took to Twitter and assured his viewers that he was not leaving CNN.

"Everybody, calm down," Lemon said. "I didn't say I was leaving CNN, I just said that it was the end of an era for ‘CNN Tonight with Don Lemon.’"

He added, "You'll have to tune in on Monday at 10 o'clock to see."

placeholder
Lemon later revealed that his show was simply being renamed from "CNN Tonight with Don Lemon" to "Don Lemon Tonight."

"Didn’t mean to set the internet on fire. What I said last night was true," Lemon wrote Saturday morning. "CNN Tonight with Don Lemon is no more. I’ll be back on Monday with my newly named show Don Lemon Tonight."

Washington Examiner writer Becket Adams blasted the stunt, calling it "shameless self-promotion" in order to "resuscitate" his "flailing ratings."

"Lemon knows exactly what he is doing. All the hype following his teased ‘announcement’ isn’t an accident. Lemon deliberately orchestrated a self-serving mini-news cycle to get people to tune into his stupid TV show," Adams wrote on Sunday.

NewsBusters analyst Nicholas Fondacaro knocked the "bland rebrand."

"So, CNN and Lemon tried to pull off a ridiculous media stunt to get people to tune into his show again, while they appear to copy the name of the very popular Fox News Channel show "Tucker Carlson Tonight," Fondacaro said. "What a joke. This is CNN."

The Daily Wire media reporter Ben Johnson accused Lemon of reporting "fake news" about himself.

"CNN ended last week the same way it ends every week: by misleading its viewers," Johnson slammed the network.

Lemon is the only primetime news anchor who regularly fails to exceed 1 million viewers. "
0 Replies

goldberg

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 10:26 pm
CNN: Live from Mars. You are watching " Darn Lemon Tonight" I'm goldgerg. Darn Lemon is dating his girlfriend living in Palestine. So I'm going to be the host of this show tonight with Taylor Waft . And we are going to be talking to Kanye Eest and Jay-W about black music. You know what I'm saying, bro?

Tony Hinchcliffe: Hi, CNN, hire me , hire me. I also hate Asian Americans.

CNN:Perfect. We even hired a berk who tweeted "we need Hilter". We'd be delighted to hire a guy hating Asian Americans. Take that, Fox News.

Fox News: You guys are daft.

CNN: Pelosi, Fox News is bullying me. See I'm crying?

Pelosi: Oh, noooooooo. Here is your candy, take it, CNN. Don't cry anymore.

CNN:Nope, I have to cry in order to "make noises."

Don DeLillo: White Noise? Isn't that the title of my book? CNN, stop being a copycat.

Marian Engel: Merde! Now you know why I even wrote a novel about my love affair with a bear instead of spending some time watching CNN. Watching CNN dumbs me down.

Shakespeare: Yeah. To watch or not is not a question for me since I take a scunner against CNN.

BLM: Call me busker. I love to take to the streets to perform something called street violence. I also hate Asian Americans because they just want to read books instead of smoking weed and listening to rap music. They are all donnish people, man. They don't even watch CNN.

Yo, a yo a yo a.

Meep, meep, meep.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 11:39 pm
@goldberg,
Arab voters who don't have the same rights as jewish citizens. Israel has turned down a corner that will hurt it long term I fear. But when you have corrupt leader trying desparately to hold onto power you get this sort of short sighted stuff.
hingehead

Reply Mon 17 May, 2021 11:41 pm
@goldberg,
You do realise how often you resort to movies and 'some people said' as evidence, right?
oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 01:56 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
I can't come to any conclusion other than the IDF is targeting media (and comms) to prevent anyone outside Gaza seeing what's going on inside Gaza.

Let the smart people do the thinking.

hingehead wrote:
The sheer imbalance of power (and casualties) points completely to Israel acceptance that annilihation is the solution to the 'Palestinian problem'.

Don't be silly. The only thing it points to is self defense.

The point of self defense is to do enough damage to the aggressor that you prevent the aggressor from doing any damage to you.

hingehead wrote:
Israel has become an apartheid 'theocracy' (inverted commas because it defines citizenry on religious grounds - rather than actually being run by a religion).
It's founders would be horrified.

I find you neonazis quite despicable.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 01:57 am
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
Arab voters who don't have the same rights as jewish citizens.

I suspect that this isn't even true.

But since Israel is a Jewish state, I don't see any problem with Israel restricting the rights of non-Jewish Arabs who live there. If Arab Israelis want full citizenship rights, I say let them convert to Judaism first.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:17 am
Israel is America’s satellite, it’s there to project America’s power into the Middle East, that’s why America encourages the disproportionate use of force.

America is about killing children, the slaughter of the Native Americans, the Vietnamese Genocide and hundreds of Sandy Hooks.

That’s the American Dream.
oralloy

Reply Tue 18 May, 2021 02:23 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Israel is America's satellite, it's there to project America's power into the Middle East,

Hardly. Although as fellow good guys, they are our natural allies.

izzythepush wrote:
that's why America encourages the disproportionate use of force.

No such disproportionate force. Israel is doing what is necessary to prevent the Palestinians from doing any harm.

izzythepush wrote:
the Vietnamese Genocide

No such genocide.

----

I wonder who else is awake at this hour. By coincidence I saw your post the very same minute that you posted it (4:17 AM here in the eastern US, I'm up early), and someone had already voted it down.
0 Replies