Happy Belated Dr. King's Birthday 2021! Do you do anything special for the holiday?

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 05:29 am
Hi. Happy Belated Dr. King's Birthday 2021, to the Americans on this site. I know I am a day late - I forgot about the holiday. Dr. Martin Luther King, for those of you who do not know, was an influential figure in the Civil Rights Movement in America:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King_Jr.

Did you folks do anything special for the holiday? Please respond soon. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,702 • Replies: 9

izzythepush

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 06:04 am
@JGoldman10,
Most people are aware of Dr King and his legacy.

The BBC website is featuring Historical records of Dr King including the colourisation of old black and white footage.

We don’t celebrate the holiday but we do afford Dr King the respect he deserves.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 06:22 am
@izzythepush,
Okay.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 02:14 pm
Why is it you keep asking the same questions again and again and again and again and again and again and again...?

www.able2know.org/topic/544213-1
JGoldman10

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2021 09:41 pm
@Sturgis,
Dr. King's Birthday is an important holiday. That's why.
Sturgis

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2021 08:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Dr.King's... is an important...

So important that you plum forgot about it until it was over.

What about your repeat topics of Labor Dwy, Christmas and non-event days where you have repeatedly asked the same questions?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2021 12:29 am
@JGoldman10,
What would Dr King make of your demonisation Of other black people and use of the n word?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2021 02:32 am
@Sturgis,
I was busy. I didn't realize it was King's Birthday until the last minute.

I have no TV service. The internet service on my phone and laptop are my only main sources of news, entertainment and info at the moment.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2021 04:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
If the day was truly of importance to you, then it should have been firmly established in your brain patterns. Both the actual birthday of January 15 and the day on which it is observed annually, the third Monday of January.

And what pray tell, had you so occupied that this important day would have escaped from your thoughts? Were you wandering around town distributing face masks with biblical quotes? Serving food at a food kitchen? Bagging and passing out bags of food to those in need? Sucking on plastic Tiddlywinks of assorted colors, attempting to determine if they were of different flavors? Biffing and buffing?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2021 11:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis I was busy taking care of personal business that day. My TV service is STILL down. Internet service on my smartphone and laptop and my phone service are my only personal means of information and communication for the time being.

I should have marked MLK's birthday on a calendar or something.
0 Replies