shove off, rock slabs

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:09 am
...and lastly, how do you pronounce "xi xi"? (I'm coming up with something like "zee zee.")
0 Replies

Valpower

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:14 am
sozobe wrote:
...and lastly, how do you pronounce "xi xi"? (I'm coming up with something like "zee zee.")

She-she.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:19 am
Ah!

That makes sense. <tries it out> Yeah, it's kind of a soft chuckle.
0 Replies

translatorcz

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 04:59 pm
Chai Tea: rao4kou3ling as I mentioned before is a tonguetwister like your "Wood saw a wood saw saw wood as no wood saw Wood ever saw wood sawed wood."

George: Han4wu3di(I remember but am not sure that this is the name given by people when he is dead) is one of the emperor of the Han Dynasty.
Xixi.(Here I'm a little shy to use an emperor's name, that seems as if I'm a narssicist. So I use xixi)

sozobe: And xixi sounds like the last part of a German name Frederich, I think. I feel that is much close to it. But you should add the sound of Chinese "i" after the sound of German "ch". I can't make it more clear since my English is not so good. I hope you understand me.

Hehe.
0 Replies

translatorcz

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 05:54 pm
And how do you count the slabs? Is that like this: If there is a crevice in between them, there is another slab?( I ask this because the author said there are hundreds of slabs there.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:02 pm
When looking at a pile of wood, translatorcz, all you have to say is "You saw me see it, but you ain't gonna' see me saw it."
0 Replies

translatorcz

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 06:04 pm
roger wrote:
When looking at a pile of wood, translatorcz, all you have to say is "You saw me see it, but you ain't gonna' see me saw it."

I'm not too sure about what you want to say. Sorry.
0 Replies

Valpower

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:17 pm
This is just more word play, Translat; a tongue twister, though not very twisting. A famous English one is, "She sells sea shells by the sea shore." An even tougher one is, "The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick."
0 Replies

translatorcz

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:36 pm
translatorcz wrote:
And how do you count the slabs? Is that like this: If there is a crevice in between them, there is another slab?( I ask this because the author said there are hundreds of slabs there.)

Ok.

And how about the question above?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:50 pm
I was playing with words. Saw as past tense of see, and saw as a verb meaning using a saw to cut wood.

I wouldn't call it a separate slab unless it were completely unjoined to another slab.
0 Replies

translatorcz

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 05:58 am
I see.
0 Replies

translatorcz

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 05:58 am
I see.
0 Replies