I am questioning my sexuality

cr

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 10:48 pm
My best friend and I are both married males, around 30. We've been friends since grade 7. Every week or every other week (as schedules allow), we get together for a movie night. For ages, we've always sort of cuddled on the couch while we watched movies. Our wives always found this to be adorable. More recently, I find myself with my head in his lap and my hand resting on his crotch I'm not actively grabbing or rubbing his penis or anything. I just rest my hand there in a neutral position and sort of hold it, but not. He will rest his hand on my shoulder or hip, or sometimes play with my hair a little. We are full dressed always. I do not get aroused by this, and though sometimes I feel a little throb, he doesn't get erect or anything.
I know this is not the norm for 2 men, but it's just how we are despite cultural and gender norms. But are he or I gay/bi/etc?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,016 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ledbythewronghead

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2021 04:16 pm
@cr,
thats a tough one to figure out... but b4 you question your sexuality, look if your willing to maybe destroy 3 peoples lives....wives n friends... sooo take your time with figuring that out... n maybe figure out whats in his head?? I've never been in a spot like that sooo i just giving u the first steps... wish i had more direction 4 ya
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2021 05:51 pm
@cr,
It IS difficult to figure out. Men don’t touch each other very often except in sports like wrestling, football , or some other sports. They touch each other after the sports are played with hugs and slugs and grabbing guys around the waist or pushing and shoving or hitting each other. Men hug each other but not for very long. Little boys will hang on their father and hug and kiss them but that doesn’t seem to last very long. Unfortunately there’s a stigma associated with men showing affection to each other.

Now girls are different. Girls hang on each other and touch each other all the time, so do women. They get very personal with each other, touching each other‘s clothes and hair and back size and nobody thinks about it. They sleep together and cuddle often. But when men do these acts ( personal touching, cuddling), it may be considered perplexing.

I don’t have any advice for you except that if you feel this may be moving into a sexual area with your friend and it bothers you, then stop setting yourself up in the situation where it might happen. Wrestling or some other sport may offer you opportunity to touch each other. But feel free to hug or put your arm around his shoulder, but putting your hand on his private parts takes this into another area. (He may have other things in mind, however.)

Your wife may think it’s funny now, but I doubt if she would like it if it moved into an affair ( or she may have other things in mind)
0 Replies

Stumpjumper

Reply Wed 3 Nov, 2021 10:20 pm
@cr,
I am a man and I find this adorable as well. Men are discouraged from showing any physical or emotional intimacy with other men. It's why our world is so screwed up. You guys are best friends and have known each other a long time. You're like brothers. While your behavior is outside the "norm" for male behavior in at least American culture, I don't consider it gay at all. Enjoy it. I wish I had this, and deep down, a lot of other men would as well even if they would never admit it.
0 Replies