There is so much wrong in "science"

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 10:25 am
Of course there is, it is just like a religion!

If people are interested why 'science' is mostly bollocks and gobbledygook

I recommend to start with this book:

Science for Heretics: Why so much of science is wrong

https://shop.edbookfest.co.uk/images/thumbs/023/0233933_science-for-heretics-why-so-much-of-science-is-wrong_400.jpeg

Really unbelievable so many people fall for the cult of science nonsense!

Well, it is what it is.

hightor

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 10:43 am
@Palandre,
How do they know what's wrong?
Palandre

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 10:45 am
@hightor,
start reading?
0 Replies

Palandre

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 10:46 am
actually, the whole of 'science' is deliberately created like a religion.

It has nothing to do with finding truth etc, it has to do with controlling people's minds, from the start.
hightor

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 11:05 am
@Palandre,
How do they determine what's wrong? I don't have copy of the book but maybe you'd be able to explain what criterion of truth they use and how they arrive at it.
Jasper10

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 11:19 am
@Palandre,
There is nothing wrong with science........man would say that wouldn’t he....
InfraBlue

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 11:35 am
@Jasper10,
Isn't man saying there is so much wrong in science?
Jasper10

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 11:46 am
@InfraBlue,
There is nothing wrong with science but a lot wrong with man’s interpretation of it.Man also remains a spectator of the sciences and refuses to become an active player with it.All sciences are connected/ embroiled together which includes psychology.
hightor

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 12:13 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with science but a lot wrong with man’s interpretation of it.

Then the OP should have named the thread, "There is so much wrong with people".
Jasper10

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 12:34 pm
@hightor,
Even so...if Palandre hadn’t posted it we wouldn’t be commenting on it.Thank you Palandre.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 12:36 pm
Science isn't interpreted. It is tested

Unlike religion, science must be tested by experiment. Any belief that is contradicted by experiment must be abandoned.

Whether science is "true" or "correct" is irrelevant. Science is simply what can be tested through observation or experiment. Anything beyond that (i.e. interpretation) is something other than science.
maxdancona

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 12:50 pm
@Palandre,
If you say science is "wrong", I have no way to answer that question. You have to define what wrong means, and then devise an experimental test. Likewise I can't say that science is "true". There are many different definitions of truth, and unless there is an experimental test science has nothing to say on the topic.

I will suggest that science is useful. The internet you are using was developed based on science as is your car, airplanes and pretty much everything else you can suggest.

Science has also been used to land robots on Mars and has literally doubled the life expectancy of human beings. That is not too shabby.
Leadfoot

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 01:12 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Unlike religion, science must be tested by experiment. Any belief that is contradicted by experiment must be abandoned.

Then at very least, we must abandon the theory of abiogenesis. It is an assumption based on circular reasoning. And yet it is accepted as fact by 'Scientists'.

Science does not lie, but scientists often do.
maxdancona

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 01:20 pm
@Leadfoot,
I don't believe that abiogenesis has been contradicted by experiment. I also don't think any model of abiogenesis is considered to be settled science.

Leadfoot

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 02:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Tell that to farmerman.

Abiogenesis has not been experimentally confirmed. That is what science requires.
You cannot prove a negative.
maxdancona

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 04:23 pm
@Leadfoot,
I don't pay that much attention to your beef with Farmerman, nor do I have any expertise in evolutionary biology. I think your argument with Farmerman is silly.

Abiogensis is simply the formation of life from non-life. Are you arguing that this didn't happen? (because there is certainly evidence that it did including the fact that I am typing this).

If you are arguing that there was a deity involved, I don't think that is a scientific question. Deities (particularly sentient deities) don't have to follow scientific laws, or what's the point of being a deity.
Leadfoot

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 07:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Abiogensis is simply the formation of life from non-life. Are you arguing that this didn't happen? (because there is certainly evidence that it did including the fact that I am typing this).

Thank you for demonstrating what I said in my initial post. I’ll copy it here for your convenience:

Leadfoot
Quote:
Then at very least, we must abandon the theory of abiogenesis. It is an assumption based on circular reasoning. And yet it is accepted as fact by 'Scientists'.

Science does not lie, but scientists often do.
maxdancona

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 07:52 pm
@Leadfoot,
I don't see what I am "demonstrating" nor do I see any circular reasoning.

Science can't answer every question. It can provide very good answers to questions that can be tested by observation or experiment.

The fact that I am alive is evidence that life developed on Earth. There is nothing circular about that.
RABEL222

Wed 30 Dec, 2020 10:19 pm
It is so much easier for some people to tell themselves God created the universe in 7 days than to believe that the universe evolved naturally over 14 billion years.
glitterbag

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 12:18 am
@RABEL222,
I have a sneaking suspicion that Math is a great big lie.