There is so much wrong in "science"

Jasper10

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 01:53 am
@Palandre,
Start combining the sciences as they are all interrelated....Scientists of all disciplines can learn so much off each other and apply it for good use.The problem with the sciences is that they are all in their own little pigeon holes.The sciences are like pieces of a jig saw...they need to be joined together so that one can see the overall picture.This is what needs to happen.
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 02:02 am
@Jasper10,
I do partly agree with you here.
But if the foundation of the whole of 'science' is wrong, then 'putting the pieces together" won't help. But once this is in place, and we join them and put together yes real science will progress.

0 Replies

Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 02:06 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with science but a lot wrong with man’s interpretation of it.Man also remains a spectator of the sciences and refuses to become an active player with it.All sciences are connected/ embroiled together which includes psychology.

Yes, there IS a wrong lot with 'science' and psychology is a pseudo science.
(well it depends on what aspect of psychology you are referring to also)
And I can know, I was an active student at psychology and I actually loved studying it.Now I know it is a load of rubbish.
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 02:12 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I will suggest that science is useful. The internet you are using was developed based on science as is your car, airplanes and pretty much everything else you can suggest.

I do understand where you are coming from, it is sheer propaganda, however, no, it was not created by 'science' at all. It was created by technology and no, technology is not by definition applied 'science'.

'science' hasn't and can't produce anything substantial at all.
A meal on the table for the 'scientist' is all that is produced.
In know it is in contradiction with what most people think they know, none the less, it is the truth.
0 Replies

Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 02:14 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
It is so much easier for some people to tell themselves God created the universe in 7 days than to believe that the universe evolved naturally over 14 billion years.

I don't believe God created the universe in 7 days, but where is the proof "that the universe evolved naturally over 14 billion years." ?
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 02:26 am
@Palandre,
Why do you believe understanding the mind fully is a load of rubbish? Mental health is one of the biggest problems in society today.Did you give up on your study of it? Trying to understand how we operate mentally is not rubbish at all.Why do you think that?
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 03:31 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Why do you believe understanding the mind fully is a load of rubbish? Mental health is one of the biggest problems in society today.Did you give up on your study of it? Trying to understand how we operate mentally is not rubbish at all.Why do you think that?

You misunderstand me.

I will try to explain.

Quote:
Why do you believe understanding the mind fully is a load of rubbish?

I am not saying that at all. I do believe understanding the mind ( and much much more) is important. But it isn't done by psychology is what I am saying.

Quote:
Mental health is one of the biggest problems in society today

Yes,and it can't be fixed by psychology (nor psychiatry!)

Quote:
Trying to understand how we operate mentally is not rubbish at all.Why do you think that?

Again, I am not saying that. I am saying psychology ( at the moment) isn't the way to do that.
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 03:45 am
@hightor,
Quote:
How do they determine what's wrong? I don't have copy of the book but maybe you'd be able to explain what criterion of truth they use and how they arrive at it.

Well, of course I never can put the book together in a few sentences, but the key is that the whole foundaton of 'science' is wrong.

But you can start with an extract from the book:

1 Numbers Shmumbers: Why Being ‘Bad with Numbers’ May Actually be a Good Thing

https://scienceforheretics.com/extract-from-the-chapter-on-maths/
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 03:55 am
Psychologty was mentioned here briefly.

But don't get started me on medicine etc. All very very very deeply flawed.
But there are a lot of new and much much better alternative ways to heal people, better and faster.

If people realized where our 'medicine' came from they would flee from the hospitals.

One thing they are good in is urgent ones, like people from car crashes and thinks like that. But furthermore it is a terrible bloody mess.
Not to mention the fact that a lot of people working in hospitals are psychopaths!

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 05:15 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I don't see what I am "demonstrating" nor do I see any circular reasoning.

Science can't answer every question. It can provide very good answers to questions that can be tested by observation or experiment.

The fact that I am alive is evidence that life developed on Earth. There is nothing circular about that.

You have to be the most 'perfect' scientist I ever met Max. You have none of the tells that most of them do. Take deGrasse for example. Whenever the subject veers dangerously close to something that science clearly does not understand, he gives this verbal and facial smirk telling his many fans how hard he laughs at ‘other than natural' explanations. #ScienceKnowsAll

Not you Max. You are the true standup Science Guy. (Bill Nye is just another deGrass) You keep a perfectly balanced poker face while actually not seeing the holes in those guy's act, not even your own. You will not even acknowledge the existence of questions outside of what 'Science' can answer.

That is the only rationalization I can come to for why you leave off the sexy bits of the ‘abiogenesis' definition. (via natural processes).
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 05:21 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
It is so much easier for some people to tell themselves God created the universe in 7 days than to believe that the universe evolved naturally over 14 billion years.

You obviously have never tried it. I doubt you could take those deadly memes thrown at you.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 05:25 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that Math is a great big lie.

You mean (14 billion years + billions of stars) does not = life?

You heretic !
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 05:26 am
@Palandre,
I agree that secular psychology is in real crisis at the moment...but that shouldn’t come as a big surprise should it.....So if the world’s crisis can’t be solved by psychology alone...then go on give some examples as to how it can be solved....are you going to try and join some of the science jig saw pieces together?...Well that is a good start in my opinion...
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 05:37 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
I agree that secular psychology is in real crisis at the moment...but that shouldn’t come as a big surprise should it.....So if the world’s crisis can’t be solved by psychology alone...then go on give some examples as to how it can be solved....are you going to try and join some of the science jig saw pieces together?...Well that is a good start in my opinion...

this a strange one. I am not saying how to solve it, why should I? But the way 'science' is going is wrong, very wrong.
Jasper10

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 05:42 am
@Palandre,
In what way...elaborate...
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 05:43 am
@Jasper10,
what are you asking of me?

Have you you read the extract from the book, that would be a good start.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 05:44 am
Speaking of psychology, I have often wondered how psychologists and/or psychiatrists deal with patients with theological beliefs that they are not willing to give up.
Do they write them off as hopeless or have them committed? What else can they do with their craft?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 06:26 am
Essentially "science" is saying, "We really do not know, but we should try to find out. It would be interesting to see what we come up with."

This applies to just about EVERYTHING.

Practitioners of "science" (scientists) realize that their ability to "find out" seems to be limited; it recognizes and acknowledges that some things we may never know.

In any case, in order to "find out", scientists most often propose possibilities...and tests those possibilities.

It is an insult to the notion that humans are an intelligent species to suppose that because many of those proposed possibilities are determined to be defective...means that "there is so much wrong in science."
Palandre

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 06:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Essentially "science" is saying, "We really do not know, but we should try to find out. It would be interesting to see what we come up with."

This applies to just about EVERYTHING.

Practitioners of "science" (scientists) realize that their ability to "find out" seems to be limited; it recognizes and acknowledges that some things we may never know.

In any case, in order to "find out", scientists most often propose possibilities...and tests those possibilities.

It is an insult to the notion that humans are an intelligent species to suppose that because many of those proposed possibilities are determined to be defective...means that "there is so much wrong in science."

Well, the whole of 'science' is setup in such a way that they won't come into sensitive areas.

And furthermore, it seems you are really unaware of the history of 'science', as well as the origins of 'science',

Btw nowadays there is no 'science' anymore, just scientism.

Leadfoot

Thu 31 Dec, 2020 06:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Thank you.

I note that every test of abiogenesis has failed. I include all the mental experiments in that theory as well. And yet it is accepted by the vast majority of 'scientists' as 'established fact'.

Now that is truly an insult to humans as an intelligent species.