There is so much wrong in "science"

Palandre

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:48 am
And the way conventional mathematics is done is very awkward and clumpsy,
Besides that, some numbers in conventional math are flat out wrong. E.g, pi and e, are wrong. One starts to wonder what other numbers are wrong, hmm?
Jasper10

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 02:54 am
@Palandre,
The only math that one needs to know about when it comes to mental reasonings is the 0 and 1 on either side of the fence both of which flip..Simple really...
Palandre

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 03:30 am
@Jasper10,
maybe elaborate on that?
Jasper10

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 04:50 am
@Palandre,
Well how else does someone come to the conclusion that good is bad and bad is good...there are no rules...therefore there is no morality...Hence nothing matters etc etc ..Nihilism..
Frank Apisa

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 06:05 am
@Palandre,
Palandre wrote:

Quote:
BUT...

...you are full of ****, Pal.

Completely full of ****.

Ball in your court!

Ok, but can you show why? Any arguments apart from some cheap AH's?

Ummm...you want me to "show why" YOU ARE FULL OF ****????

I gotta acknowledge that I do not know why you are full of ****.

You definitely are...and it does seem to be something you are choosing to be.

Perhaps you can tell us why you are.

Palandre

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 10:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

now you are repeating yourself. why only ah"s?
Frank Apisa

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 10:28 am
@Palandre,
Palandre wrote:

Quote:

now you are repeating yourself. why only ah"s?

I do not know what the hell you are talking about here.

I suspect you do not know what the hell you are talking about also.

If you want to get serious in the discussion...start doing so. If you just want to continue trolling...I will put you on ignore. Almost nothing you say is interesting...so there will be no loss for me if that is the way things go.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 01:43 pm
@maxdancona,
The definition for valid testing is not scientific but philosophical in nature.

There is no ultimate test for tests as for all we know we could be living in a simulated reality. No way of testing it from the inside.

I agree Science should stick to pragmatical stuff, like building planes, washing machines, or pharmaceuticals, which it does well, and stop any claims to truth. When it tries that it falls flat on the floor!

I spend a great deal of my free time taking notice of the latests scientific developments but I am well aware what constitutes science and what claims to be science but it is not! Nonetheless I want to make clear that my position on this topic has nothing to do with discrediting Science!
maxdancona

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 04:15 pm
@Albuquerque,
Philosophy is the problem. Philosophy has always been the problem.

The philosophers dragged Galileo in front of the inquisition because his observations questioned their "truth". The philosophers start with meaning and truth, in this case the central importance of humanity. Galileo's scientific observations challenged this and they reacted violently.

Science cares only about what can be tested and measured. It has no dependence on philosophy. All these these discussions about what is "true" or "right" or "elegant" or what "should be".

Philosophy is concerned with the universe as it should be. Science studies the universe as it actually is.

Richard Feynman wrote:

“There's a kind of saying that you don't understand its meaning, 'I don't believe it. It's too crazy. I'm not going to accept it.'… You'll have to accept it.

It's the way nature works. If you want to know how nature works, we looked at it, carefully. Looking at it, that's the way it looks. You don't like it? Go somewhere else, to another universe where the rules are simpler, philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy. I can't help it, okay? If I'm going to tell you honestly what the world looks like to the human beings who have struggled as hard as they can to understand it, I can only tell you what it looks like.”
Palandre

Sun 3 Jan, 2021 09:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Richard Feynman was a gatekeeper of the 'scientific' nonsense.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 01:48 am
What do you think Frank? I'm all for a BIG "who gives a big cow pie"
izzythepush

Mon 4 Jan, 2021 07:02 am
@glitterbag,
Desperate Dan.
0 Replies

Palandre

Tue 5 Jan, 2021 09:39 pm
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Well how else does someone come to the conclusion that good is bad and bad is good...there are no rules...therefore there is no morality...Hence nothing matters etc etc ..Nihilism..

well, of course there is good and bad, it is called natural law.

Jasper10

Wed 6 Jan, 2021 12:40 am
@Palandre,
Yes but what comes out of negative nihilism is that good is bad and bad is good...therefore there is no morality....there are no rules...there is no God.No reasonings should come out of nihilism...one could also say that good is not bad and bad is not good....there is morality...there are rules...there is a God ( positive nihilism).One can’t PROVE either statement...therefore all that each reasoning has is a HOPE that their reasonings (metaphorically) are true and the other false.
Palandre

Wed 6 Jan, 2021 04:53 am
@Jasper10,
nope, there IS Natural Law.

whether you like it or not.
Jasper10

Wed 6 Jan, 2021 05:05 am
@Palandre,
Well I was only referring to what I was referring to in my last post. It's logical enough to me. Which bit don't you agree with?

Not quite sure what you are referring to in respect to natural law.
Palandre

Wed 6 Jan, 2021 05:36 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
Not quite sure what you are referring to in respect to natural law.

Simple, there can't be nihilism, cause there will be always Natural Law.

This goes above manmade laws, legislations, government (which really can't exist) etc.
Jasper10

Wed 6 Jan, 2021 06:05 am
@Palandre,
You need to tell that to the nihilist’s....Nihilism is a psychological thing and is a real concept that the reasonings act out to try and deceive SELF.You’ve only got to look at Buddhism to realise that.
Palandre

Wed 6 Jan, 2021 06:26 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
You need to tell that to the nihilist’s....Nihilism is a psychological thing and is a real concept that the reasonings act out to try and deceive SELF.You’ve only got to look at Buddhism to realise that.

I know and understand, but that doesn't matter, Natural Law always applies.
Jasper10

Wed 6 Jan, 2021 06:49 am
@Palandre,
Well you can hope in that if you wish that's for sure....but that is all you can do.